• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 31GOALIE31
    replied
    Originally posted by mw147 View Post
    https://twitter.com/WrightsWay/statu...995904001?s=19

​Casey Cizikas scored his eighth goal of the season on Saturday in game 24. Career-high is nine. That should increase nicely this year. #Isles​​​​​​
    Remember he was also out for a few games hurt.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied

​Casey Cizikas scored his eighth goal of the season on Saturday in game 24. Career-high is nine. That should increase nicely this year. #Isles​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied

#Isles send Tanner Fritz back to BPT and activate Casey Cizikas off IR.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied

Lou Lamoriello reports Casey Cizikas (lower body) on IR retroactive to Monday's game against Sharks. Dealing with soreness, eligible to be activated for Wednesday night's game at Anaheim.

Leave a comment:

• TonyD
    replied
    Originally posted by Tjay View Post
    Disclaimer, that quote might not be entirely accurate. Overall, doesn't sound like he's upset with the added responsibility.
    Sounds accurate to me.. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Tjay
    replied
    "You never want to see a guy like that leave unless he's a piece of s**t, but it gives a lot more opportunity for other guys," Cizikas said. "There's a lot of minutes to be made up there and you just have to do whatever you can to push for it."
    https://www.nhl.com/islanders/news/c...as/c-299938114
    Disclaimer, that quote might not be entirely accurate. Overall, doesn't sound like he's upset with the added responsibility.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied

Casey Cizikas was back on the ice today for #Isles informal skates, so we caught up with him. https://t.co/1wh10YkiLk

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied

Cizikas isn’t a player that gets talked about much, certainly not outside of that “best fourth line in hockey” quote from Don Cherry a few years back to describe the Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck line. With Tavares gone, Cizikas becomes the Islanders’ best faceoff man — he won 53.1% of them last season, a career best.

For a guy who’s never scored more than nine goals and has played just 123 of the 164 games the last two seasons, why is he on this list? The other bottom-six center options are Filppula and Komarov, who were two of the worst players in the league last season at generating offense. Cizikas was deployed almost exclusively in defensive settings — according to Natural Stat Trick, Cizikas’ 73.6% defensive-zone starts at EV were the fourth-highest percentage among forwards who played at least 400 minutes last season.

If Cizikas were deployed a bit differently — if, say, he started the season as 3C between Ladd and Ho-Sang — would we see 20 points and low shot generation? Unlikely. Cizikas is still only 27, he has some skill and he’s hardly ever been used in a role other than crashing and banging. If the Islanders need offense from their bottom six (they will), simply rolling out the ol’ B4LIH (Best Fourth Line In Hockey) from 2015-16 doesn’t make much sense, not with the array of fourth liners Lamoriello has imported.

Leave a comment:

• gear316
    replied
    Originally posted by TK27 View Post

I say he starts slowing every year starting now! Actually I think it already started. 27 years old is no longer young but the beginning of the end except for a select few! Especially if you play with any kind of physicality.
    Perhaps Casey is a smaller version of Trent Hunter, who is my favorite NHLer of all time, as he showed one doesn't have to make the World Juniors to play in the NHL

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    Originally posted by Tjay View Post

He's only 27 so I have hope he'll rebound. Only 3 more seasons to go!
    I say he starts slowing every year starting now! Actually I think it already started. 27 years old is no longer young but the beginning of the end except for a select few! Especially if you play with any kind of physicality.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X