Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Free Agency; starts Wednesday, July 13

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2022 Free Agency; starts Wednesday, July 13

    I guess it is time to start this discussion. I think it would be better to keep free agency discussion here, rather than in various team threads.

  • #2
    https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/...79060704677889

    You can take Reilly Smith off the Top 50 UFAs board. Sources say Smith and the Vegas @GoldenKnights have reached a verbal agreement to keep the winger with VGK on a contract extension.

    May not be immediately announced for offseason/tagging cap considerations.

    Comment


    • #3
      Forsberg ..... well I'm done lol
      THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

      Comment


      • #4
        Pulling a Lou
        THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TK27 View Post
          Forsberg ..... well I'm done lol
          He is such the ideal fit. He's not just a goal scorer. He's a playmaker and he became a good overall player as well. They have to make it happen.

          If for some reason they can't, gotta get Johnny Gaudreau.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

            He is such the ideal fit. He's not just a goal scorer. He's a playmaker and he became a good overall player as well. They have to make it happen.

            If for some reason they can't, gotta get Johnny Gaudreau.
            I don't know, I don't think Forsberg will be available. I think he will sign with Nashville, it's just taking a little longer than either side wanted.

            No way is Johnny hockey coming to Long Island. I think that was a silly rumor from that dumb ass blogger on Facebook. eye on the isles or something. He will be too much to bring here. Same with Forsberg though...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TonyD View Post

              I don't know, I don't think Forsberg will be available. I think he will sign with Nashville, it's just taking a little longer than either side wanted.

              No way is Johnny hockey coming to Long Island. I think that was a silly rumor from that dumb ass blogger on Facebook. eye on the isles or something. He will be too much to bring here. Same with Forsberg though...
              Did you see Forsberg's last game in Nashville? He stayed out longer while the team left the ice to wave to the fans. Looked like a goodbye to me.
              THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TK27 View Post

                Did you see Forsberg's last game in Nashville? He stayed out longer while the team left the ice to wave to the fans. Looked like a goodbye to me.
                I did see that actually but - I still think he goes back to Nashville. Hope I am wrong ..

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TonyD View Post

                  I don't know, I don't think Forsberg will be available. I think he will sign with Nashville, it's just taking a little longer than either side wanted.

                  No way is Johnny hockey coming to Long Island. I think that was a silly rumor from that dumb ass blogger on Facebook. eye on the isles or something. He will be too much to bring here. Same with Forsberg though...
                  I really don't know TD. But I do think there is as much to support that he leaves, than he stays. I certainly don't think it is written in stone that he stays.

                  As for Gaudreau, same applies. If anything there is more to support he is leaving and if he does, it certainly will be to the East coast.

                  Bottom line is that you need to have a game plan ready to give you the ability to bring either them on, should they have that shot. And if that fails and Pasternak really will be traded, you better be ready to put together an enticing package to bring him in.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

                    I really don't know TD. But I do think there is as much to support that he leaves, than he stays. I certainly don't think it is written in stone that he stays.

                    As for Gaudreau, same applies. If anything there is more to support he is leaving and if he does, it certainly will be to the East coast.

                    Bottom line is that you need to have a game plan ready to give you the ability to bring either them on, should they have that shot. And if that fails and Pasternak really will be traded, you better be ready to put together an enticing package to bring him in.
                    Maybe it's because I see him play more but my first choice would be Pasta.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

                      I really don't know TD. But I do think there is as much to support that he leaves, than he stays. I certainly don't think it is written in stone that he stays.

                      As for Gaudreau, same applies. If anything there is more to support he is leaving and if he does, it certainly will be to the East coast.

                      Bottom line is that you need to have a game plan ready to give you the ability to bring either them on, should they have that shot. And if that fails and Pasternak really will be traded, you better be ready to put together an enticing package to bring him in.
                      Where is this cap room coming from foe either one of these guys though? Remember, they have to sign Barzal contract coming up too.

                      but aside from that, you have to kick those tires, absolutely! I just don't see Lou opening that check book AND just as important, Forsberg is going to look for term, 7 years otherwise he'll take the 8 from Nash.
                      Johnny, I see him going to Philly or the Devils but yes I agree, he's on the move and going east coast. Just don't think it's the Islanders.

                      Make no mistake, I'd gladly take any of these guys and I hope that we see one of them in an Isles sweater but maybe it's just still something I am not used to seeing. Big name free agents or just big names - period - becoming a part of this team.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TonyD View Post

                        Where is this cap room coming from foe either one of these guys though? Remember, they have to sign Barzal contract coming up too.

                        but aside from that, you have to kick those tires, absolutely! I just don't see Lou opening that check book AND just as important, Forsberg is going to look for term, 7 years otherwise he'll take the 8 from Nash.
                        Johnny, I see him going to Philly or the Devils but yes I agree, he's on the move and going east coast. Just don't think it's the Islanders.

                        Make no mistake, I'd gladly take any of these guys and I hope that we see one of them in an Isles sweater but maybe it's just still something I am not used to seeing. Big name free agents or just big names - period - becoming a part of this team.
                        We have pretty much washed a ton of stench of this franchise in the last 4 years. I have a feeling players of today don't look at the past. They look at the organization in front of them now. I'm hoping same as you to one day catch a fish!
                        THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TK27 View Post

                          We have pretty much washed a ton of stench of this franchise in the last 4 years. I have a feeling players of today don't look at the past. They look at the organization in front of them now. I'm hoping same as you to one day catch a fish!
                          It's not even about the past, Terry. Even now with Lou - yeah players are more willing to come to the Islanders than they have before - it's not an absolute "no way" hurdle anymore but there is still the cap and the hesitance of the GM and all the other factors that goes into landing a name player.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mw147 View Post

                            Maybe it's because I see him play more but my first choice would be Pasta.
                            If you didn't need to trade for him, I would agree.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TonyD View Post

                              Where is this cap room coming from foe either one of these guys though? Remember, they have to sign Barzal contract coming up too.

                              but aside from that, you have to kick those tires, absolutely! I just don't see Lou opening that check book AND just as important, Forsberg is going to look for term, 7 years otherwise he'll take the 8 from Nash.
                              Johnny, I see him going to Philly or the Devils but yes I agree, he's on the move and going east coast. Just don't think it's the Islanders.

                              Make no mistake, I'd gladly take any of these guys and I hope that we see one of them in an Isles sweater but maybe it's just still something I am not used to seeing. Big name free agents or just big names - period - becoming a part of this team.
                              Lou has work to do. Bailey doesn't have a No Trade Clause, so his contract is the first to go. Beauvillier is probably a trade target for other teams, so he may have to go as well. And I know a lot of people disagree with me on this one, but I'd trade Varlamov to loosen up the money. I know it's a little risky, but I think just a decent goalie would be a quality back up on this team.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X