Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Search for a New Coach

Kevin Kurz speculating about Babcock.

Actually isn't Babcock one of the very few coaches that Lou did NOT fire?

https://twitter.com/KKurzNHL/status/1525193862796517378

Should Mike Babcock be considered the odds-on favorite to be the next coach of the #Isles? Maybe. More

I have been following Babcock's exile from coaching. From what he has been saying over the last few years is that he would be working on himself to become a more modern coach and leave some of the old school stuff behind. If that is true and he has done just that then I would have no problem with him being the next guy. Bottom line whether you like him or not the guy knows how to coach.
    THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post
      I have been following Babcock's exile from coaching. From what he has been saying over the last few years is that he would be working on himself to become a more modern coach and leave some of the old school stuff behind. If that is true and he has done just that then I would have no problem with him being the next guy. Bottom line whether you like him or not the guy knows how to coach.
      There are plenty of good coaches out there. There are a few very good ones. Are there any elite coaches on the Trotz level? Maybe Babcock. Maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

There are plenty of good coaches out there. There are a few very good ones. Are there any elite coaches on the Trotz level? Maybe Babcock. Maybe.
        Babcock has both a large ego and a temperament problem. If Barzel has issue with Weight & then Trott's, he's in for a fun time with Babcock and how he can treat some players. We had an elite coach, now we are taking a step backwards because of Lou's ego. Just for the record for those who thought that Barry's teams were not offensive enough, he you look back, when he coached the Capitals, his teams WERE ALWAYS IN THE TOP 3 FOR GOALS SCORED. He could't help we was handed a flawed roster and than takes blame for not having enough offense. What no one on this board has talked about , why after 4 years, the roster has NOT improved.

Comment

Well this thread did not last long!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post
            Well this thread did not last long!!!
            "The search is over, you were with me all the while..."

Comment

Working...
            X