2022 Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

Arizona or Ottawa. And he doesn't have a no trade clause.

I read that Varlamov wouldn't trade his no-trade clause to Edmonton at the trade deadline. I had no idea.

So I'd imagine Lou will try to move him as well.
    yeah, I saw him say that on the FB page.. I wasn't sure if that was true or not because it never came out anywhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

Arizona or Ottawa. And he doesn't have a no trade clause.

I read that Varlamov wouldn't trade his no-trade clause to Edmonton at the trade deadline. I had no idea.

So I'd imagine Lou will try to move him as well.
      First things first, trade Bailey and see where we are and who we can bring in. I have come around to keeping Varly for next season if we can afford him. Seeing what is going on in the playoffs, several teams have had to use 2 (or more) goalies. I would hate to lose a series because we have an inadequate backup.

And then after next season we could still re-sign Varly at a cheaper price of a true 1B or backup, a year at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

First things first, trade Bailey and see where we are and who we can bring in. I have come around to keeping Varly for next season if we can afford him. Seeing what is going on in the playoffs, several teams have had to use 2 (or more) goalies. I would hate to lose a series because we have an inadequate backup.

And then after next season we could still re-sign Varly at a cheaper price of a true 1B or backup, a year at a time.
        Yeah, I am totally jumping on that Varly bandwagon.

Comment

I am afraid to even entertain this because I don't know how legit this site is but, I'll place it here: my question is, was that true, that Johnny Gaudreau wanted to come to the Islanders at the trade deadline?

What is NYIHOCKEYNOW. ?

https://nyihockeynow.com/new-york-is...I7_xYvC2_tB58o

Comment

I never let my hopes get up when it comes to Bailey getting traded........it is easier for me to just know that he will always be an Islander for the rest of my life!
            THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Originally posted by TonyD View Post
              I am afraid to even entertain this because I don't know how legit this site is but, I'll place it here: my question is, was that true, that Johnny Gaudreau wanted to come to the Islanders at the trade deadline?

What is NYIHOCKEYNOW. ?

https://nyihockeynow.com/new-york-is...I7_xYvC2_tB58o
              He is a blogger who I do follow on Twitter. Does he know anything? Hard to imagine he does but you never know.

Can we afford Gaudrrau? If we want to upgrade the blue line I don't see it.

Comment

He is a blogger who I do follow on Twitter. Does he know anything? Hard to imagine he does bthe site ut you never know.

When I asked he responded and said he was not a blogger and that the site is legit press credential

But yes I agree, I don't see how he'd come cheap

Comment

He is a blogger who I do follow on Twitter. Does he know anything? Hard to imagine he does but you never know.

There is always a way to be able to get a big fish especially when your highest paid player is making 7 mil a year. Just need to move some chess pieces.

Comment

As for Johnny hockey the only rumor I have heard for the last 9 months is Philadelphia which is where he wants to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by TK27 View Post
                      As for Johnny hockey the only rumor I have heard for the last 9 months is Philadelphia which is where he wants to go.
                      So this guy is full of ****

I am so sorry I joined that FB page but now I am hooked like a car crash and I can't look away. That **** that is posted there.. holy hell.
                      Last edited by TonyD; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyD View Post

So this guy is full of ****
                        I'm not sure but all I know is what I heard over and over. I never heard the Isles, Rangers or Devils ever mentioned. Which kind of surprises me because I didn't know he was from Jersey. I just assumed he was from Philadelphia and that is why he wanted to go there.

Comment

• I should also add that there is hope in Calgary now because of the team that he will stay in Calgary? However with also saying that the Flames have 8 UFA's and 3 RFA's for next year. This team could look completely different next year especially if Johnny leaves. They do have 28 million in Cap space but that can disappear pretty quickly as well. Tkachuk is one of the RFA's that needs to be signed.
                          Last edited by TK27; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post

We already have, against the Pens.

"We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post

I'm not following the league very closely but isn't Arizona playing in a tiny arena? They're not going to generate any revenue and I think a contract like Bailey's(3.5 salary vs. 5mil cap hit) would be perfect for their books.

Comment

• Originally posted by TK27 View Post

I never let my hopes get up when it comes to Bailey getting traded........it is easier for me to just know that he will always be an Islander for the rest of my life!
                                I'll never let that dream die.

Comment

Working...
                                X