No announcement yet.

2022 Draft; starts Thursday, July 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intrigue will be found early and often when names start coming off the board in Montreal Thursday night. And with a smooth skillset on the ice and a rocky draft year in the books, Lambert’s name holds more intrigue than most.
    THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Should be a real interesting day for us, a trade or a surprise or two I am expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by 31GOALIE31 View Post

Should be a real interesting day for us, a trade or a surprise or two I am expecting.
        A trade or someone unexpectantly dropping down to us would be wonderful.
        "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay View Post

A trade or someone unexpectantly dropping down to us would be wonderful.
          Next years draft is way better than this years draft but there is always a surprise or to during the first day of the draft.

Comment

Next years draft is way better than this years draft but there is always a surprise or to during the first day of the draft.
            At the moment, we have all of our picks for next year. Would be nice to pick up some extra picks if Lou makes some trades. If we trade Bailey, maybe we can get an 8th rounder for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay View Post

At the moment, we have all of our picks for next year. Would be nice to pick up some extra picks if Lou makes some trades. If we trade Bailey, maybe we can get an 8th rounder for him.
              He's the perfect choice for Arizona.

Comment

He's the perfect choice for Arizona.
                I can see Josh hanging up the phone and telling his wife they're moving to Arizona, and she goes into a raging sh*t fit.

Comment

It’s funny seeing people say they will cancel their season tickets or stop going to games in general if the Isles trade Beauvillier or Bailey. Some fans seem to care about everything other than winning and they act like players are their friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    It’s funny seeing people say they will cancel their season tickets or stop going to games in general if the Isles trade Beauvillier or Bailey. Some fans seem to care about everything other than winning and they act like players are their friends.
                    This is what bothers me most about this fan base. The love for certain players borders on being delusional. However, at least Bailey and Beau have been here for some relative success. You have Isles fans waxing nostalgic over Kyle, Frans, and DP, who never won squat for us. I wonder if social media were around in 1980 whether the fan base would’ve been agitated over the thought of trading Billy Harris and Dave Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by mrlbem View Post

This is what bothers me most about this fan base. The love for certain players borders on being delusional. However, at least Bailey and Beau have been here for some relative success. You have Isles fans waxing nostalgic over Kyle, Frans, and DP, who never won squat for us. I wonder if social media were around in 1980 whether the fan base would’ve been agitated over the thought of trading Billy Harris and Dave Lewis.
                      I use the Goring trade as an example all the time. Seems like most fans today would have been against it. “Can’t give up on Harris and/or Lewis”, “Will destroy the chemistry”, and so on.

Comment

Who the freak is saying that???? LOL My god, this fanbase can be so clueless!

Comment

Originally posted by mrlbem View Post

I don't think it is just our fan base; it is fans in general across the league. Start with Toronto as the most extreme example. But it is not limited to just the Leafs; every fan base has their issues and it is so easy to express now with social media.

Comment

I guess there is no draft party!!!

Comment

I use the Goring trade as an example all the time. Seems like most fans today would have been against it. “Can’t give up on Harris and/or Lewis”, “Will destroy the chemistry”, and so on.
                              “Billy Harris has been such a loyal soldier and been here through so much crap, **** this Goring guy. I want to see Harris carry the Cup around the Coli!”

Comment

I was not sure if this belongs here or in the trade thread! i picked here since the draft starts tonight.

https://twitter.com/SunGarrioch/stat...49436513898496

The most active teams listening on their picks: No. 2 (New Jersey), No. 3 (Arizona Coyotes), No. 7 (Ottawa Senators) and No. 13 (New York Islanders). Lots of moving parts

Comment

Working...
                                X