No announcement yet.

2022 Draft; starts Thursday, July 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BPA or trade, not filling an immediate home with the 13th pick. What about trading down, maybe end up with a late 1st and another 2nd, something like that? The odds of the 13th pick becoming a productive NHL player isn’t much better than that of a late 1st or 2nd rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      BPA or trade, not filling an immediate home with the 13th pick. What about trading down, maybe end up with a late 1st and another 2nd, something like that? The odds of the 13th pick becoming a productive NHL player isn’t much better than that of a late 1st or 2nd rounder.
      That all depends on who the scouting staff is looking at. Players drop and if you can get the player you are looking at later in the round AND trade down for another 2nd? Go for it. If not then I am a fan of the BPA no matter where you are at.

Comment

Barzal 15 Dobson 12 Wahlstrom 11
        THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Not sure if you saw this post from Mark

Some recent picks at 13:
          2002 - Alex Semin
          2003 - Dustin Brown
          2004 - Drew Stafford
          2007 - Lars Eller
          2012 - Radek Faksa
          2013 - Josh Morrissey
          2014 - Jakub Vrana
          2017 - Nick Suzuki
          2019 - Spencer Knight
          2020 - Seth Jarvis

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post

Barzal 15 Dobson 12 Wahlstrom 11
            So we’re due to lose one.

Comment

https://twitter.com/mikemorrealeNHL/...30972284719107

NHL Combine: Brad Lambert, No. 10 in Central Scouting's ranking of International skaters, did interview with the Islanders, but Uncle Lane (Isles coach) wasn't there. Lambert has 26 interviews w/ NHL clubs this week.
              https://twitter.com/mikemorrealeNHL/...32980899155982

Brad Lambert on learning that Uncle Lane got the job w/ the #Isles: "He's worked hard for some time now as an assistant coach and I think he deserved the job. So I'm very happy for him."

Comment

IMO, our window is still open. I'm not against trading the pick for a proven commodity who can help us now. Just a guess, but I don't think Lou is thinking long term.
                "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay View Post
                  IMO, our window is still open. I'm not against trading the pick for a proven commodity who can help us now. Just a guess, but I don't think Lou is thinking long term.
                  Agreed. Sign Forsberg for free and trade for a Dman with 1st and Bailey.

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay View Post
                    Yup - agreed and agreed!

Comment

I don't think I would easily part with our first this year. I might be ok with moving our 2nd rd pick, since it's at the very end of rd 2 anyway.

But the 13th overall pick may be our best shot to land a top line player, either up front or on D.

Also, I think there may be some value in picking one of the top ranked Russian players in this draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post
                        I don't think I would easily part with our first this year. I might be ok with moving our 2nd rd pick, since it's at the very end of rd 2 anyway.

But the 13th overall pick may be our best shot to land a top line player, either up front or on D.

Also, I think there may be some value in picking one of the top ranked Russian players in this draft.
                        I agree. It would have to be a REALLY attractive deal to part with our first this year. Something like our first and Bailey to Arizona for Chychrun. Otherwise I am holding it and making the pick.

I see the talk about using our pick in a trade for Fiala. I don't think I am doing that.

Comment

The Krew is concerned that Lou will deal the pick and unless its in a package for the Chychrun, The Krew feels that keeping the pick is the way to go, or even trading up. We just HAVE TO GET IT RIGHT if we make the pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaszycki's Krew View Post
                            The Krew is concerned that Lou will deal the pick and unless its in a package for the Chychrun, The Krew feels that keeping the pick is the way to go, or even trading up. We just HAVE TO GET IT RIGHT if we make the pick.
                            The Tjay won't cry if we trade for the Chychrun but he feels our defense, with some minor tweaks, is good enough and would like to entertain offers for a forward.
                            "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

Trading the pick is fine if it’s in a deal for an impact type player, no way they should move it for a 2nd liner or # 4 defensman. I’m even on the fence with Chychrun. If the team is given some more offensive freedom under Lambert, how much does that improve Pulock and maybe even Salo’s games? I’m still hoping they pair up Dobson with Pelech as the top pairing and then maybe can save a few bucks/trade chips “only” needing a solid # 4 with Pulock.
                              Last edited by Scott; 06-28-2022, 07:27 AM.

Comment

The Islanders may go with a defenseman at No. 13. The Rangers do not have a first-round pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X