X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAME 16 vs. NY Rangers, Wednesday November 24, 7:30 PM, MSG+2

Well this should be fun.

Let's Go Islanders???
    "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

I have avoided Ranger games for years. Trying it once, if as usual we have lots of idiot Ranger fans I will be done with Ranger games again.

Comment

This just keeps getting better and better.

https://twitter.com/StapeAthletic/st...02429680320517

Lamoriello: Zdeno Chara is in COVID protocol. All other players negative today.
      https://twitter.com/AGrossNewsday/st...02639789936651

Lou: Conversation with NHL yesterday on tomorrow night's game. Preparing to play unless hear otherwise.
      https://twitter.com/StapeAthletic/st...02700443590665

Lamoriello: Brock Nelson (lower) out 2-4 weeks.
      https://twitter.com/StapeAthletic/st...03083505205249

Thomas Hickey and Anatolii Golyshev have been called up from Bridgeport
      https://twitter.com/AGrossNewsday/st...04491528970245

Lou: No possibility of getting anybody back from #Isles COVID-19 protocol list as soon as tomorrow. None have tested negative yet.
      https://twitter.com/AGrossNewsday/st...05577601998864

Lou: Josh Bailey remains quarantined in Florida but will be able to return by this weekend.
      Golyshev surprises me, with Brock out I would have expected Koivula. Who is going to play center? Parise?

Comment

They should postpone tomorrow’s game. Enough already.

Comment

Exactly mrlbem. Guys are continuing to test negative and that's going to continue if they are around to spread it. Best thing to do is quarantine everyone and get back on the ice in a week. They did it for Ottawa, why not us? It's completely unfair if they didn't. Our season is already in jeopardy. This will be the nail in the coffin.

Comment

Originally posted by mrlbem View Post
            They should postpone tomorrow’s game. Enough already.
            Yeah, this is getting rediculous already...but it also doesn't help that 2 of our best guys are out too, non covid related

Comment

I am going to try to train it tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I don't want to deal with this parking nightmare I keep hearing. I'll have to go back to Jamaica to come back East, but it sounds like it could be worth it. Let's hope so at least.

Comment

Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
                I am going to try to train it tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I don't want to deal with this parking nightmare I keep hearing. I'll have to go back to Jamaica to come back East, but it sounds like it could be worth it. Let's hope so at least.
                It about a 10-12 minute train ride from Jamaica to the arena. Andrew did it for opening night from the city. Very smooth. He got a ride back so I can't tell you about the return.

There are 2 potential stations - Elmont is on the main line and many scheduled trains, Belmont is next to the arena. They have 2 trains pre-game, one gets in at around 6:20 or 6:40 and the other at like 7:10. Then after the game they will run 2 shuttles to Jamaica. No schedule, just "after the event is over". If you can jump on one of those that seems like the way to go. Then you have to catch a train back out to where you live, that schedule might be good or bad.

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

It about a 10-12 minute train ride from Jamaica to the arena. Andrew did it for opening night from the city. Very smooth. He got a ride back so I can't tell you about the return.

There are 2 potential stations - Elmont is on the main line and many scheduled trains, Belmont is next to the arena. They have 2 trains pre-game, one gets in at around 6:20 or 6:40 and the other at like 7:10. Then after the game they will run 2 shuttles to Jamaica. No schedule, just "after the event is over". If you can jump on one of those that seems like the way to go. Then you have to catch a train back out to where you live, that schedule might be good or bad.
                  Super helpful! Thanks Mark!

Comment

Kaszycki's Krew will NOT prepare for victory - both in an attempt to help the Isles fortunes and also, he does not know which team (New York or Bridgeport Islanders) are playing in the game.

If these guys are sick, then they should postpone the game.

Comment

Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
                      Exactly mrlbem. Guys are continuing to test negative and that's going to continue if they are around to spread it. Best thing to do is quarantine everyone and get back on the ice in a week. They did it for Ottawa, why not us? It's completely unfair if they didn't. Our season is already in jeopardy. This will be the nail in the coffin.
                      Ottawa had 10 guys out from Covid and we have 7 now. The NHL I don't think will count the injuries to Nelson and Pulock.
                      THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post

Ottawa had 10 guys out from Covid and we have 7 now. The NHL I don't think will count the injuries to Nelson and Pulock.
                        True, but ours is spreading, hence wait till Toronto has a few covid cases & the Rangers tomorrow night.

Comment

Going to be missing this game somewhat.. It will be on but in the background, since I will be working at SNY - although I will be putting together the BRoll highlights for their Geico show which will no doubt include clips from the hockey game.

Comment

Originally posted by 31GOALIE31 View Post

True, but ours is spreading, hence wait till Toronto has a few covid cases & the Rangers tomorrow night.
                            I;m fine with that lol
                            THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Originally posted by TonyD View Post
                              Going to be missing this game somewhat.. It will be on but in the background, since I will be working at SNY - although I will be putting together the BRoll highlights for their Geico show which will no doubt include clips from the hockey game.
                              TD, your job sounds awesome. We have to meet up for a game this year and catch up.

Comment

Working...
                              X