Canadian Islander Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just watched the video. I enjoyed it.

I am very torn. We owe Barry a debt of gratitude. He brought us back to relevance. It was a very enjoyable 3 seasons. Of course there were things to question. But we won. And i got into the habit of staying well, we're winning and he knows what he is doing.

This season I took the attitude that everything was f'd up and you couldn't take anything from what happened. And yet there were nagging issues.

I guess Lou was not excusing this season. Like you said on the video and I've said many times, every coach has a shelf like. It seems Lou feels Barry had reached his.

This is not Garth. I am trusting Lou to make the right choice to bring us back.

Comment

• Originally posted by TK27 View Post

I do think a lot of those things were going to happen anyway. I mean how do we know if Dobson was thrown in to the fire like a Macavoy or a Makar that he wouldn't have done the same thing? Maybe he would have developed sooner like those guys. Pelech was going to be good no matter what! Same for Ilya.

Don't get me wrong I won't take anything from Barry but those possibilities are real. I will give our coaches a ton of credit. My biggest fault with Barry was his bench management.
      I respect your opinion, but good coaches are hard to come by & lets not take a step back do to piss poor roster management.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tjay View Post

It was a good, well thought out video. Firing Barry never crossed my mind but I really didn't like how he handled things this season. I'm warming up the idea.
        Yeah, I think most of us are on the same page with how bad his roster management was, so in sense, there is ALMOST a feeling of relief that we might now get to see what we have when you let Wahlstrom play wither (as TK put it) handcuffs on. Same with Barzal.

But now what happens to Brock? Does he take a step back now?

Comment

• Hey, so, when Barry comes back to Long Island for the first time and they do a cool tribute video for him (I'd be surprised if they didn't?) It will be telling his Barzal taps his stick or not, or Wally..

Comment

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post
            Just watched the video. I enjoyed it.

I am very torn. We owe Barry a debt of gratitude. He brought us back to relevance. It was a very enjoyable 3 seasons. Of course there were things to question. But we won. And i got into the habit of staying well, we're winning and he knows what he is doing.

This season I took the attitude that everything was f'd up and you couldn't take anything from what happened. And yet there were nagging issues.

I guess Lou was not excusing this season. Like you said on the video and I've said many times, every coach has a shelf like. It seems Lou feels Barry had reached his.

This is not Garth. I am trusting Lou to make tge right choice to bring us back.
            The one thing that we all seem to ignore is that the 1st run very well may have never happened if it weren't for Covid. Good chance we miss the playoffs. 2nd run we did finish as last playoff team in our division. It is not like we had 2 great seasons under Barry. We had 2 great playoff runs. It was going to catch up with us eventually. It is not like Barry built up some powerhouse team!
            THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by 31GOALIE31 View Post

I respect your opinion, but good coaches are hard to come by & lets not take a step back do to piss poor roster management.
              Like I said in my post above. Barry did not create a powerhouse but he built a good team for playoffs. Problem is now a days that team may only make the playoffs 50% of the time playing like that. Barry did great things for us no doubt but the whole time he was here we were a bubble playoff team every year except this year where we weren't even close to a bubble team.

For me that is enough to look for another approach. We need to keep up with the rest of the NHL.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyD View Post

Yeah, I think most of us are on the same page with how bad his roster management was, so in sense, there is ALMOST a feeling of relief that we might now get to see what we have when you let Wahlstrom play wither (as TK put it) handcuffs on. Same with Barzal.

But now what happens to Brock? Does he take a step back now?
                No I don't think Brock will step back one little bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyD View Post
                  Hey, so, when Barry comes back to Long Island for the first time and they do a cool tribute video for him (I'd be surprised if they didn't?) It will be telling his Barzal taps his stick or not, or Wally..
                  LMAO! good one Tony! I think they all probably like him as a person which was not the case with Tavares

Comment

• When Barry comes back he should get a 2 minute standing ovation for what he did for this franchise.

Comment

• Wow over 1100 views I think I'm going to hire Gaz as my agent

Comment

• Great breakdown Terry.

Too much Bailey and not enough Wally and Bellows was the most frustrating thing about this season.

Both Wally and Bellows should have much more experience than they do right now and that is just bad asset mgmt.

My guess is we'll have a new coach before the draft and FA.

Comment

• Originally posted by TK27 View Post

Yes I did bring up this board.....not the first time I have done it but basically you were the only guys watching the video's lol. It would be nice to get some more posters How can I see the groups you go to?
                          I'm part of 3:

All things Islanders
                          Drive 4 Five "Facebook Group"
                          Real Islander Fans

I joined them just so I can get breaking updates on the team (use that and post them over here). I very rarely post anything because the fans on them are mostly a-holes. Whenever I do post something, I always regret it, with exception to putting up Terry's video here which got overwhelming support. Although I did get into it with 2 individuals. I showed Terry that. I'll never understand people who treat a fellow Islander fan with such arrogance and disrespect. I pointed out that I try to speak to people through social media as if they were standing right in front of me. They finally got nicer after I said that. But they still disagreed in thinking Josh Bailey is a great player for us in all 3 zones and is not a turnover machine (he was third on the team). Couldn't believe my eyes.

Comment

• 1652 views now.......George 10% sound about right? 15%?

Comment

• Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

I'm part of 3:

All things Islanders
                              Drive 4 Five "Facebook Group"
                              Real Islander Fans

I joined them just so I can get breaking updates on the team (use that and post them over here). I very rarely post anything because the fans on them are mostly a-holes. Whenever I do post something, I always regret it, with exception to putting up Terry's video here which got overwhelming support. Although I did get into it with 2 individuals. I showed Terry that. I'll never understand people who treat a fellow Islander fan with such arrogance and disrespect. I pointed out that I try to speak to people through social media as if they were standing right in front of me. They finally got nicer after I said that. But they still disagreed in thinking Josh Bailey is a great player for us in all 3 zones and is not a turnover machine (he was third on the team). Couldn't believe my eyes.
                              well, I joined All Things Islanders - wow, those guys are over the top! They are all ready to throw themselves off a cliff. Should I even bother to look at the other two?

Comment

•  

Comment

Working...
                                X