X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mw147
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott View Post

Yup, that’s also a respect factor with the refs.
    That is a good point, I had not thought of that. It can only help.

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Originally posted by mw147 View Post

We do have a very strong leadership group, Parise only adds to it. If we sign Chara, that will make 3 former captains on the team (Chara, Greene, Parise).

It seems like ancient history when we were young and weak and got run over by teams like the Bruins and Pens. I remember when Pronger took out a young Tavares with a nasty hit and no one defended him. That never happens now.
    Yup, that’s also a respect factor with the refs.

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied

We do have a very strong leadership group, Parise only adds to it. If we sign Chara, that will make 3 former captains on the team (Chara, Greene, Parise).

It seems like ancient history when we were young and weak and got run over by teams like the Bruins and Pens. I remember when Pronger took out a young Tavares with a nasty hit and no one defended him. That never happens now.
    Ya I'm still not sure anyone liked Tavares lol. I seen more than one time no one coming to his defence lol

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied

Omg I should have read one more post before making my post lol.

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    How many Captains we got on this team? Zajac, Parise, Lee? Lou likes those character guys

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott View Post

Yup, and a good mentor for Wahlstrom whether they are on the same line or not.

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

I think Parise is going to fit in so nicely with Pageau. He will also help on the PP. I really like the signing.
    Yup, and a good mentor for Wahlstrom whether they are on the same line or not.

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog
    replied
    Originally posted by TK27 View Post

Yes the interview was different than the one I saw. In the one I saw it was a Minnesota reporter. He kept trying to get Zack to say how hard it would be to leave Minnesota and wear a different jersey etc etc but Zack wouldn't bite. He gave the guy nothing saying how he was looking forward to putting on the Islander jersey. Really thought he was going to be an Islander 2 years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if Zack has a great season. He goes to dirty areas. I don't care how old you are if you go to the dirty areas you are going to score goals.
    I think Parise is going to fit in so nicely with Pageau. He will also help on the PP. I really like the signing.

Leave a comment:

• TonyD
    replied
    Originally posted by TK27 View Post

Nope early in the summer lol. The Lamfather is just now letting him talk about it
    That was my failed attempt at humor apparently..

Leave a comment:

• Kaszycki's Krew
    replied
    After eight seasons in Minnesota, Parise had his 13-year contract bought out this this summer.

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyD View Post

So he only signed today. lol
    Nope early in the summer lol. The Lamfather is just now letting him talk about it

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    LOL Brendan!

https://twitter.com/brendanmburke/st...536665088?s=19

Has the over/under been set on how many times @91Butch says JP instead of Zach? #Isles
    Man you have to love Brendan. He so gets it and he feeds off it lol

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    He definitely has a chip on his shoulder. That's a good thing!

https://twitter.com/KMaherNews12/sta...326933506?s=19

Hey #Isles fans! Here's Zach Parise 18 years after the #Isles could have drafted him. But he says better late than never. @islessignguy @IslesMeetups @Offside_Tavern @OysterBayBrewin @N12Sports @News12LI @Bluelinedeli719 @tomlofaso329 https://t.co/Uesa7tJ80C
    Yes the interview was different than the one I saw. In the one I saw it was a Minnesota reporter. He kept trying to get Zack to say how hard it would be to leave Minnesota and wear a different jersey etc etc but Zack wouldn't bite. He gave the guy nothing saying how he was looking forward to putting on the Islander jersey. Really thought he was going to be an Islander 2 years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if Zack has a great season. He goes to dirty areas. I don't care how old you are if you go to the dirty areas you are going to score goals.

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    Only took him 18 years to get here. I saw an interview with him yesterday and I guess he really wanted to be an Islander 2 years ago and couldn't be happier to get out of Minnesota.

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog
    replied
    He definitely has a chip on his shoulder. That's a good thing!

https://twitter.com/KMaherNews12/sta...326933506?s=19

Hey #Isles fans! Here's Zach Parise 18 years after the #Isles could have drafted him. But he says better late than never. @islessignguy @IslesMeetups @Offside_Tavern @OysterBayBrewin @N12Sports @News12LI @Bluelinedeli719 @tomlofaso329 https://t.co/Uesa7tJ80C
    Robert Nilsson just felt a cool breeze through his hair.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X