Zach Parise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

I am not looking at Parise as what he was - a first line wing who scores 30 goals. Yeah, that is no longer what he is. But if he can be a 3rd line player who is very responsible for 200' and can still contribute on the power play (lord knows we could use that) then he could be a useful piece )15-18 goals) at what is likely a very cheap price. Let's put it this way - if you give me a choice for this season between Parise and dal Colle, I am taking Parise.
    Exactly!
    THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post

I agree with you mark but as frustrated as we were when it seemed like every time Palms and Barz were on the ice together they scored but Barry still wouldn't replace him for Leo. Now it will be because of that success he had with Barz last year that he will be stapled beside Barz like Ebs was. IMO...............not the worst case in the world. I just think Wally and Barz together could be something really special.
      I think having Lee back will help stabilize the defensive responsibility that was lacking without Lee there. That may allow him to be more risky in putting Palmieri or Wahlstrom there.

Comment

Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

I think having Lee back will help stabilize the defensive responsibility that was lacking without Lee there. That may allow him to be more risky in putting Palmieri or Wahlstrom there.
        Well you know Trotz once you get stapled to someone you are pretty much there forever lol. I just hope he tries both Wally and Palms there and let the best man win!

Comment

If we don't make a trade for Tarasenko, I would like to try Wahlstrom with Lee and Barzal and put together Parise-Pageau-Palimieri (the Killer P's?). To me that is a very high end 3rd line. Very responsible for 200 feet and all can score goals.
          #5 coming up.....
          The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

Zach Parise has found a new home on Long Island, but can he have a bounce-back season after a down year in 2020-21?

Comment

• Justshoot2003
              Justshoot2003 commented
              Editing a comment
              I think Lou believes he can. That's good enough for this fan.

Pretty neat read actually.. I can warm up to the idea of Parise.. especially since I really liked him to begin with .. but I still can't over the 37 years old thing and I am not sure he can play 82 games...

Comment

https://twitter.com/RussoHockey/stat...79881378668551
              Zach Parise in his #isles gear
              "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

Isn't it so strange that there has been zero official announcement about Zach being an Islander, yet there he is in gear and saying he is an Islander? All so weird.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyD View Post

Isn't it so strange that there has been zero official announcement about Zach being an Islander, yet there he is in gear and saying he is an Islander? All so weird.
                  Didn't we get news of Greene's signing at training camp last year when he actually signed much earlier? Lou has his idiosyncrasies and I'm ok with that

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post

Didn't we get news of Greene's signing at training camp last year when he actually signed much earlier? Lou has his idiosyncrasies and I'm ok with that
                    I don't recall that with Greene last year - but I am not upset at all, it doesn't bother me one way or the other, It's just so foreign to me lol

Comment

This will be the sneaky-good signing of the year.
                      The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyD View Post

I don't recall that with Greene last year - but I am not upset at all, it doesn't bother me one way or the other, It's just so foreign to me lol
                        Ya he was in camp last year and we still hadn't heard about the contract yet. Wasn't on Capfriendly either lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post
                          This will be the sneaky-good signing of the year.
                          It’s a stabilizing move. Even though Parise is at the end of his career, he’s a clear upgrade over the likes of MDC, Komarov and Johnston on the 3rd line. It should be another concrete piece in the lineup, no need for constant shifting, trying to get blood from a stone.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post

It’s a stabilizing move. Even though Parise is at the end of his career, he’s a clear upgrade over the likes of MDC, Komarov and Johnston on the 3rd line. It should be another concrete piece in the lineup, no need for constant shifting, trying to get blood from a stone.
                            So what you are saying is that he will be a round peg in a round hole????
                            "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

So what you are saying is that he will be a round peg in a round hole????
                              It’s a beautiful thing!

Comment

Working...
                              X