Zach Parise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zach Parise

Seems like time to start his own thread.

https://twitter.com/ExIsledUsher/sta...944386051?s=19

Just chatted with former #mnwild vet Zach Parise and he confirms he agreed to terms with the #isles earlier this summer.

GM Lou Lamoriello just has to register his contract with the NHL. He’s got his Isles breezers and is heading to NY for good later this month.
    "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Man I love this signing.
    The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post
      Man I love this signing.
      I'm happy to have him aboard but I want to know the terms.
      "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post
        Man I love this signing.
        I do as well and for varying reasons he should have been here long ago
        THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Zach Parise confirmed Wednesday that he’s headed to Long Island.

Comment

Unrestricted free agents Casey Cizikas and Kyle Palmieri, as well as RFAs Anthony Beauvillier and Ilya Sorokin all were expected to return and now have signed their new deals, the team announced Wednesday.

Comment

This is someone I think Pageau can really work with. I think the 2 of them together can do some really good things for the team's offense.

Comment

Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
                This is someone I think Pageau can really work with. I think the 2 of them together can do some really good things for the team's offense.
                If we don't make a trade for Tarasenko, I would like to try Wahlstrom with Lee and Barzal and put together Parise-Pageau-Palimieri (the Killer P's?). To me that is a very high end 3rd line. Very responsible for 200 feet and all can score goals.

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

If we don't make a trade for Tarasenko, I would like to try Wahlstrom with Lee and Barzal and put together Parise-Pageau-Palimieri (the Killer P's?). To me that is a very high end 3rd line. Very responsible for 200 feet and all can score goals.
                  I like that a lot actually.

Comment

Well, hopefully he still has something left in the tank - I just see him as too old and not anything more than a depth player for the playoffs, I don't see him being useful - but who knows.. I hope it works out.. hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyD View Post
                      Well, hopefully he still has something left in the tank - I just see him as too old and not anything more than a depth player for the playoffs, I don't see him being useful - but who knows.. I hope it works out.. hope I'm wrong.
                      I am not looking at Parise as what he was - a first line wing who scores 30 goals. Yeah, that is no longer what he is. But if he can be a 3rd line player who is very responsible for 200' and can still contribute on the power play (lord knows we could use that) then he could be a useful piece )15-18 goals) at what is likely a very cheap price. Let's put it this way - if you give me a choice for this season between Parise and dal Colle, I am taking Parise.

Comment

Agreed. I think Zac is pumped for a Cup. Would be especially gratifying to win a Cup with a team who his father put on the map!

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

I agree with you mark but as frustrated as we were when it seemed like every time Palms and Barz were on the ice together they scored but Barry still wouldn't replace him for Leo. Now it will be because of that success he had with Barz last year that he will be stapled beside Barz like Ebs was. IMO...............not the worst case in the world. I just think Wally and Barz together could be something really special.

Comment

I like that a lot actually.
                            Yep I think those guys would create a great line. However I still like P3 better lol. I loved flying in that aircraft

Comment

Originally posted by TonyD View Post
                              It is amazing what drive to win a Stanley Cup can be? I'm not expecting the world out of Zac but I'm still expecting him to be a big upgrade over Leo, Ross or MDC. Those are the 3 that should be the depth. Not Parise.

Comment

Working...
                              X