Free Agency 2021

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gazaroog
    • Aug 2015

There is chatter that Palmieri is back (also no surprise) although I don't see anything concrete like what McKenzie did with Parise above.

Comment

• TonyD
      Let's Do That Hockey!
      • Aug 2015

Well, this is kind of disappointing to have both Parise AND Palmieri. That means either Palms or Josh Bailey are playing on the top line. That clearly does not make that Barzal line better.

That also puts Bellows on the outs with Parise coming in. Unless they are using Bellows as trade for a Leddy replacement. But that said, I don't think a 37 year old is better than Bellows.. but what the hell do I know.. I am not sure this team is better with the direction it appears it is going.

Comment

• mw147
        Administrator
        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by TonyD
        Well, this is kind of disappointing to have both Parise AND Palmieri. That means either Palms or Josh Bailey are playing on the top line. That clearly does not make that Barzal line better.

That also puts Bellows on the outs with Parise coming in. Unless they are using Bellows as trade for a Leddy replacement. But that said, I don't think a 37 year old is better than Bellows.. but what the hell do I know.. I am not sure this team is better with the direction it appears it is going.
        They could give Wahlstrom a shot on the top line. He could be ready. I hope Barry has a little patience with him; give him 20 games to see if a Lee-Barzal-Wahlstrom line can click. On paper they would seem to have all of the good qualities you would want in a top line.

I like this team, we were so close to a cup and we add Lee to the same group.
        COACHING MATTERS!

Comment

• mw147
          Administrator
          • Aug 2015

It will be very interesting to see the contract terms.

I like this a lot. No, he is not a sniper like Tarasenko. But he does fit this team's style like a glove and while not a sniper he IS a goal scorer.

All indications Kyle Palmieri stays with NYI
          COACHING MATTERS!

Comment

• TonyD
            Let's Do That Hockey!
            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by mw147

They could give Wahlstrom a shot on the top line. He could be ready. I hope Barry has a little patience with him; give him 20 games to see if a Lee-Barzal-Wahlstrom line can click. On paper they would seem to have all of the good qualities you would want in a top line.

I like this team, we were so close to a cup and we add Lee to the same group.
            I'd like to see Wally on the top line and see how that works - but I have a feeling that Lou is not 100% comfortable with that just yet to put that on paper before the season starts.

Comment

• gazaroog
              • Aug 2015

The team is not high on Bellows. Palmieri will slot in on the top line if they don't get someone like Tarasenko.

Comment

• TonyD
                Let's Do That Hockey!
                • Aug 2015

Originally posted by gazaroog

The team is not high on Bellows. Palmieri will slot in on the top line if they don't get someone like Tarasenko.
                Don't think Palms makes the top line better but I'd rather see him there than Bailey. Maybe switch between Palms and Wally and see how that works. All that just leaves question marks though and for a team ready to win now, that kind of uncertainty on your top line is not how you start the season.

And you already know how I feel about Tarasenko.. but yeah.. someone like him, is the idea here, IMO.

Comment

• gazaroog
                  • Aug 2015

Don't think Palms makes the top line better but I'd rather see him there than Bailey. Maybe switch between Palms and Wally and see how that works. All that just leaves question marks though and for a team ready to win now, that kind of uncertainty on your top line is not how you start the season.

And you already know how I feel about Tarasenko.. but yeah.. someone like him, is the idea here, IMO.
                  There is no way Trotz is going to put Wahlstrom there. He doesn't trust him in that role. I personally would try it, but Trotz seems adverse to it.

Comment

• gazaroog
                    • Aug 2015

Here is what Suter will be getting with Dallas:

Comment

• gazaroog
                      • Aug 2015

This is insane. This guy is pretty good, but overrated in my book.

Comment

• gazaroog
                        • Aug 2015

Comment

• Kaszycki's Krew
                          • Aug 2015

Kaszycki' Krew is watching FREE AGENT FRENZY!!! ARE YOU?

Simple excuse to go EMOJI KRAZY!!

Comment

• 31GOALIE31
                            • Aug 2015

There is no way Trotz is going to put Wahlstrom there. He doesn't trust him in that role. I personally would try it, but Trotz seems adverse to it.
                            He may not have a choice.

Comment

• TonyD
                              Let's Do That Hockey!
                              • Aug 2015

I agree - don't think Trotz will put Wally there. Hence my disappointment with bringing Palms back...

Comment

• TonyD
                                Let's Do That Hockey!
                                • Aug 2015

This is insane. This guy is pretty good, but overrated in my book.

That's way too much for Hamilton! Term and money.. way overpayment. Devils are going to regret this one.

Comment

Working...