Free Agency 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TK27 View Post

I don’t think Parise is plan B. Lou would never leave him out hanging. I have to think one of Beau or Bailey are probably gone.
    I think his deal is done as are probably a few others. Lee had agreed to a deal but they held back on announcing it because Lou was negotiating with Panarin. I think something similar is going on behind the scenes.
    "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Tjay View Post

I think his deal is done as are probably a few others. Lee had agreed to a deal but they held back on announcing it because Lou was negotiating with Panarin. I think something similar is going on behind the scenes.
      Yes, this I believe 100%

Comment

• More smoke that Bailey may be traded, even Staple is floating the idea now. Josh’s playoff performance the last 2 years is greatly overrated. For every good thing he does, he screws up 5 times. For starters, count his flubs on the power play. The 2nd line in general has been overall bad, or at best not good enough. People look at goals/points but ignore how they are constantly pinned in their own zone getting dominated by the other team’s top 2 lines.

Comment

• Originally posted by TK27 View Post

I don’t think Parise is plan B. Lou would never leave him out hanging. I have to think one of Beau or Bailey are probably gone.
          No freaking way you keep Bailey over Beau.
          The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
            More smoke that Bailey may be traded, even Staple is floating the idea now. Josh’s playoff performance the last 2 years is greatly overrated. For every good thing he does, he screws up 5 times. For starters, count his flubs on the power play. The 2nd line in general has been overall bad, or at best not good enough. People look at goals/points but ignore how they are constantly pinned in their own zone getting dominated by the other team’s top 2 lines.
            The depth to which I agree with this post is astonishing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tjay View Post

I'll bet Lou is going hard for Tarasenko and the Blues are looking to maximize the return. Makes too much sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post

No freaking way you keep Bailey over Beau.
                For a number of reasons, starting with the fact that Bailey makes more money and we need the cap space. Then you get into the long term.

I do think Bailey gets a bad rap here and with the fan base in general. He definitely elevates his game in the playoffs in general and scores big goals. Which is why I preferred to keep him over Eberle. But it is a different story with Beau.
                Barry: "we didn't win the cup so we're not happy"

Comment

• I wonder if the holdup is somehow related to the Jack Eichel situation.

Whether or not we're directly involved, it could be that everyone we're dealing with has their irons in that fire, and won't do anything until the Sabers make their move.

Comment

• If Lou is after Tarasenko, which it sounds like he is, I’m guessing the holdup is simple, how much if any salary The Blues are willing to eat.

The Eichel theory (because of other teams, not us) is interesting and possible as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      If Lou is after Tarasenko, which it sounds like he is, I’m guessing the holdup is simple, how much if any salary The Blues are willing to eat.

The Eichel theory (because of other teams, not us) is interesting and possible as well.
                      Eichel is going to need disc replacement surgery in the neck. That’s going to put him out for a while and if the surgery goes wrong, could be career threatening.

He may opt to put it off, but if he does, that’s going to hamper him. It’s not an injury that will go away on its own.

I stay far away.

Comment

• Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

Eichel is going to need disc replacement surgery in the neck. That’s going to put him out for a while and if the surgery goes wrong, could be career threatening.

He may opt to put it off, but if he does, that’s going to hamper him. It’s not an injury that will go away on its own.

I stay far away.
                        Didn’t Clutter have the same surgery?
                        "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

• Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

I stay far away.
                          Not Eichel to the Islanders, but maybe involved with another team or teams that impact Lou’s plans.

Comment

• Sounds like Beau and Sorokin have deals in place; Pelech negotiations are tougher.

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/stat...281329154?s=19

17 players filed for arbitration today: Aston-Reese (PIT), Colton (TB), Copp (WIN), Dickinson (VAN), Dunn (SEA), Erne (DET), Fabbro (NASH), Gilbert (COL), Hill (SJ), McNiven (MON), Mete (OTT), Pelech (NYI), Pionk (WIN), Sanford (STL), Saros (NASH), Vrana (DET) & Zadorov (CAL).

https://twitter.com/StapeAthletic/st...506777605?s=19

Beauvillier and Sorokin did not file among #Isles arb eligible players.

Comment

• Another possibility off the board.

https://twitter.com/Peter_Baugh/stat...342614528?s=19

Defenseman Ryan Murray is coming to the #Avs on a one-year deal for $2 million, per a league source.

Comment

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post
                                Another possibility off the board.

https://twitter.com/Peter_Baugh/stat...342614528?s=19

Defenseman Ryan Murray is coming to the #Avs on a one-year deal for $2 million, per a league source.
                                I don't think he is good enough to play in the role we need filled in. He may have been an ok depth guy, but he's hurt too often to be ideal there anyway.

Lou must be aiming higher, and via trade.

Comment

Working...
                                X