Free Agency 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dom View Post

I read that Suter won't sign in the Eastern Conference, so the question is, who is our next target, and will it be another UFA, or a trade target?
    Ian Cole
    Cody Ceci
    Dmitri Kulikov

Those would be my UFA targets, but I have a feeling there will be some kind of trade.

I also would like to see what Bolduc could do. The fear you worry about with guys making the transition to the NHL has more to do with their ability to defend at that level. Bolduc was known for his defense (developed a big offensive year last season), so I'd be interested to see what he can do. He's also a pretty big guy too, which I think is important.

Comment

Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

Ian Cole
      Cody Ceci
      Dmitri Kulikov

Those would be my UFA targets, but I have a feeling there will be some kind of trade.

I also would like to see what Bolduc could do. The fear you worry about with guys making the transition to the NHL has more to do with their ability to defend at that level. Bolduc was known for his defense (developed a big offensive year last season), so I'd be interested to see what he can do. He's also a pretty big guy too, which I think is important.
      You can't teach size!

If some of our younger guys pan out and we can add some scoring depth we'reg gonna be right back in the Cup mix next yr.

Comment

Originally posted by Justshoot2003 View Post

You can't teach size!

If some of our younger guys pan out and we can add some scoring depth we'reg gonna be right back in the Cup mix next yr.
        I actually did more reading on Bolduc after this. He actually has always been known for his booming shot. I watched a good video from Dobbers on him and he has a cannon. He is a good passer, but inconsistent. They don't talk much about his defense, but I heard this year that he was very steady defensively and uses his stick really well. What's scary though is watching him skate, he looks just like Pelech where in a couple of huge long strides, he's down the ice. He has some good hands too.

His projection is rated very high (80%) of being in the NHL and being also a top defender in the NHL.

Comment

I actually did more reading on Bolduc after this. He actually has always been known for his booming shot. I watched a good video from Dobbers on him and he has a cannon. He is a good passer, but inconsistent. They don't talk much about his defense, but I heard this year that he was very steady defensively and uses his stick really well. What's scary though is watching him skate, he looks just like Pelech where in a couple of huge long strides, he's down the ice. He has some good hands too.

His projection is rated very high (80%) of being in the NHL and being also a top defender in the NHL.
          I'm very high on Bolduc but I'm not sure he will be ready to play top 4 minutes next season on a team that should be contending for a cup.

I wonder if we can sign someone a little more on the cheap to play 50-60 games and work Bolduc in for 30 to 40 NHL games?
          "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

https://twitter.com/FlutoShinzawa/st...269606917?s=19

Bruins are out on Ryan Suter, Nick Ritchie is not qualified. https://t.co/a4n8gDTcBH

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post
              https://twitter.com/FlutoShinzawa/st...269606917?s=19

Bruins are out on Ryan Suter, Nick Ritchie is not qualified. https://t.co/a4n8gDTcBH
              Down to Dallas and us last I heard
              THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post

Down to Dallas and us last I heard
                I read that, too.

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

I read that, too.
                  He’s not winning a cup with Dallas

Comment

https://twitter.com/CraigSMorgan/sta...276251654?s=19

My understanding is that Boston, Minnesota and the New York Islanders are the most likely options for free-agent defenseman Alex Goligoski.

Comment

Avs and Landeskog agree on eight-year, $56 million extension

https://thednvr.com/avs-and-landesko...ion-extension/

Rats! It wasn't likely but I can still dream.
                      "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

If we can't resign Cizikas maybe target Blake Coleman to take his place?

Comment

What I really want to know is if the Leafs take a chance on Joe Thornton?

Comment

Welcome Zach:

Comment

Welcome Zach:

This was expected, but my question is, doesn't this mean we pretty much have to trade Bellows now?

There's no spot in the lineup for him now, and he's no longer waiver exempt.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post

This was expected, but my question is, doesn't this mean we pretty much have to trade Bellows now?

There's no spot in the lineup for him now, and he's no longer waiver exempt.
                                I think he would go if they trade for Tarasenko. I can see something like Bellows and a 2nd rounder for him.

Comment

Working...
                                X