Rick Dipietro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post
    What's incredible to me is how wrong Charles Wang was about literally everything he did with this team.
    He did one thing right. He kept the Islanders where they belong.
    THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post

I will never believe that was 100% Wang. Bettman has shown very clearly that moving a franchise is a total last resort. If it wasn't the Yotes would have moved a long time ago. And Wang was waiting for the SMG lease to end, once it did the value of the franchise went up substantially. Yes, Wang could have walked away instead of subsidizing the annual losses, but if he did then he would not have gotten the big payday from Malkin and Ledecky at the end.

if they put a statue of Wang outside the new arena I will not be happy.
      "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

I will never believe that was 100% Wang. Bettman has shown very clearly that moving a franchise is a total last resort. If it wasn't the Yotes would have moved a long time ago. And Wang was waiting for the SMG lease to end, once it did the value of the franchise went up substantially. Yes, Wang could have walked away instead of subsidizing the annual losses, but if he did then he would not have gotten the big payday from Malkin and Ledecky at the end.

There better not be a statue of Wang outside.. that would be total horse ****. Wang did nothing but set this franchise back in the laughing stock pages. Granted, there was a silver lining because if any different - I don't think we'd end up with the administration and owners we have now but in no way shape or form is Wang a hero or savior of this franchise - unless you want to give him a hindsight award.

Comment

He scooped up the training facility on his way out.
          "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

What might have been is debatable but I'm happy for the here and now. And no statue!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyD View Post

There better not be a statue of Wang outside.. that would be total horse ****. Wang did nothing but set this franchise back in the laughing stock pages. Granted, there was a silver lining because if any different - I don't think we'd end up with the administration and owners we have now but in no way shape or form is Wang a hero or savior of this franchise - unless you want to give him a hindsight award.
              He ate up the last 15 years of the lease and I'm grateful for that, but we could have been so much more during those 15 years if he just hired a competent GM to run the show.

Comment

ESPN New York Radio will move its late-morning show featuring Rick DiPietro, Chris Canty and Dave Rothenberg to 5 to 8 a.m. in January, at last giving the channel a local presence to compete against W

Comment

Originally posted by Kaszycki's Krew View Post
                  Well that is good news if you commute but since I'm recently retired I would never hear the show lol

Comment

https://twitter.com/mikecommito/stat...249766402?s=19

On this day in 2006, the Islanders signed Rick DiPietro to a 15-year, $67.5 million deal #Hockey365 #Isles https://t.co/Ymn6jYtQOz

Comment

https://twitter.com/mikecommito/stat...249766402?s=19

On this day in 2006, the Islanders signed Rick DiPietro to a 15-year, $67.5 million deal #Hockey365 #Isles https://t.co/Ymn6jYtQOz
                      Nice to have things like this come up to remind us just how lucky we are now. Truly an incredible turn around for this franchise and all we had to do was let Tavares go for nothing. Another addition by subtraction I guess. When Tavares left he took the Country Club to Toronto.

Comment

Nice to have things like this come up to remind us just how lucky we are now. Truly an incredible turn around for this franchise and all we had to do was let Tavares go for nothing. Another addition by subtraction I guess. When Tavares left he took the Country Club to Toronto.
                        Funny, I had some very similar thoughts. The DP saga really feels like ancient history. We have moved way past all of that nonsense. It feels good!

Comment

Working...
                        X