Game Telecasts on MSG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dom View Post

I hope we get out of the M$G contract, or at least go with someone else when this contract is up in 2030. And to be honest, M$G or TNT or whoever the hell they are can can keep Brendan Burke too.

I'm sure there are talented people out there who would jump at the chance to call our games as the home team announcer, rather than the part time "down the middle" crap calls this guy does.
    I am going to disagree with you about Brendan. I really like the way he calls a game. I don't find him to be down the middle. He is not an effusive one sided fan. But his calls to me are Islander-centric; he is mostly talking about the Isles.

In recent years we have gotten good broadcasters. Shannon is very good at what she does. In spite of what Gaz thinks, I also like AJ. I just wish they would have her on more often either in studio or between the benches.

That being said, I would love to get away from MSG also. I absolutely hate seeing MSG centered commercials on our broadcasts. And there is no doubt we get the short end of the stick when it comes to the pre and post game shows, as compared to the Rags.

Comment

• I wish we still had Howie and Jaffe.

Comment

• Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
        I wish we still had Howie and Jaffe.
        I think Brendan and Jaffe together would be the dream team.

Comment

I wish we still had Howie and Jaffe.
          I'm partial to the good old days of Jiggs and Ed Westfall.

Comment

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post

I think Brendan and Jaffe together would be the dream team.
            I like Brendan too, but I'm going to give a little backing to what Dom said. When Dom said "middle of the road", I knew exactly what he meant by that. Now you certainly don't want your guy being a total homer like that ass clown in Pittsburgh, but I do like when you show more passion for the team you represent than the other team. Now I understand why Brendan does it (he tries to remain impartial as he does so many national telecasts), but it does make it more enjoyable when "your" announcer has some more passion for "your" team.

That is one thing that I respected the hell out of Howie for. Despite some moronic fans saying Howie was a Ranger shill because he did their games back in the early 90s and through the cup, there is no question he was an "Islander" and cared deeply about the team and their fans. And he showed it. I loved Howie's passion and that is a big component that is lacking with Brendan doing the games. Brendan may have the better voice than Howie, but Howie certainly had more passion in his call and to me, that put him over the edge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justshoot2003 View Post

I'm partial to the good old days of Jiggs and Ed Westfall.
              Jiggs and Eddie certainly were good and gave you that warm and fuzzy feeling. It brings you back to good times when you hear the 2 of them together. With that said, were they really that good, or was it just because of the fond memories of that great time that make you think they were the best? I'm not sure I have an answer to that question.

Comment

Jiggs and Eddie certainly were good and gave you that warm and fuzzy feeling. It brings you back to good times when you hear the 2 of them together. With that said, were they really that good, or was it just because of the fond memories of that great time that make you think they were the best? I'm not sure I have an answer to that question.
                They were great hockey guys. They knew the game and loved the team. You felt like you could have a few beers with them and just shoot the breeze about the team and the game.

Comment

• https://www.nhl.com/islanders/news/i...ed/c-335484082

Islanders 2022-23 ESPN and TNT Schedule Announced

Islanders to play 11 nationally televised games in the 2022-23 season

​The NHL, ESPN and Turner Sports announced the league's national TV schedule on Wednesday afternoon, with the New York Islanders slated to play 11 games across national platforms.

The Islanders will have two games as exclusive ESPN broadcasts, six as exclusive ESPN+/Hulu broadcasts and three games exclusively on TNT.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/brendanmburke/st...C0oX9s_ew&s=19

New #Isles TV home this season is MSG Sportsnet. Same channel. New name.
                    MSG+ is will now be MSGSN.

Comment

Working...
                    X