• Good on Lou:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	34
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	200188​

Comment

• Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

When you pro-rate Palmieri's normal production, over an 82 game season it is 30 goals. That was with the Devils. I see him getting to the next level with Barzal. Maybe not 40, but I don't think it is a stretch to see him get to 35.
      Anything north of 30 for Palmieri almost surely means very good things for the team.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/st...70683021172736

No fluctuation in the structure, either. It's straight $9.15 million salary for each and every season of the extension, which is how Lamoriello has done most of his bigger contracts with Isles. There is a modified no-trade where Barzal provides 22-team no-trade list from 2024 on

Comment

• Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

When you pro-rate Palmieri's normal production, over an 82 game season it is 30 goals. That was with the Devils. I see him getting to the next level with Barzal. Maybe not 40, but I don't think it is a stretch to see him get to 35.
          I personally think his days of 30 goals a season are over. I just don't see it with him here on this team. I mean.. if he can do that, and Brock continues his goal production, then this team won't have to worry about offense - but this team struggles heavily in that area and I have yet to see Palms come close to being a 30g player on this team. Not even going to expect it or hope for it - just not going to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post

If Palmieri scores 40 goals then Barzy will have close to 100 points. It is possible, remember in the playoffs a couple of years ago, they used to put Palmieri on his line on an occasional shift and they scored on a lot of those shifts.

I am still not crazy about Parise on his line, I would go with Beau. But I will wait and see how it goes.
            That was so frustrating lol
            THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

• Mathew Barzal addressed the media about his eight-year contract extension with the Islanders.

Comment

• Islanders President & GM Lou Lamoriello addressed the media on Tuesday.

Comment

• I'm very happy to get Mat signed at a pretty good contract. The contract doesn't even count for this year and the Cap is about to explode in the next few years which will put us in a very good spot! To the point with in the next couple of years we could have the capability to sign another star that may even be better than Barz!

Barz has been going out of his way to tell the NHL world what a great place Long Island is and hopefully he can attract others to come here! It is a good day for Islander fans. It would have sucked having him go in to this year with no contract. Gives Islander fans a chance for peace of mind for the first time in a very long time. Especially with what happened to us with Tavares so for us as a team this is huge.

On a personal note I'm so happy I don't have to listen to Islander fans freaking out all year about whether Mat would stay or would Mat go or should we trade etc.

Comment

• Obviously awesome to have Barzy locked up but he needs to live up to the $9 million/ per.
                    Last edited by Bossy573; 10-04-2022, 09:57 PM.
                    The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post
                      Obviously awesome to have Barzy locked up but he needs top live up to the $9 million/ per.
                      When teams are signing young guys like Stuzte for 400,000 less over 8 years and with the Cap going up will make this contract look like a steal.

Comment

• Originally posted by TK27 View Post

When teams are signing young guys like Stuzte for 400,000 less over 8 years and with the Cap going up will make this contract look like a steal.
                        Provided Barzy lives up to it which, IMHO, is not guaranteed.

Comment

• The term and money are good as long as they go get him talent that can help him produce at a 9 mil level.

I'm still not sure we have that talent yet but we'll see

Comment

• Absolutely no problem with this contract. It’s 70 point money now, which Barzal can/should reach with the current roster. If he starts scoring like a top line forward, he hits 80+ points. Good deal now that can be one a very good bargain in 2 or 3 years.

90+ points will likely require a significant wing addition or 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justshoot2003 View Post
                              I'm still not sure we have that talent yet but we'll see
                              We do not.

Comment

Working...
                              X