Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mathew Barzal

New York Islanders@NYIslanders 4m4 minutes ago
    Barzal Agrees to Entry-Level Contract: http://islanders.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=778619… #Isles

By the end of this season I think Barzal is our #1 prospect. Partly because he is good and partly by default.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      By the end of this season I think Barzal is our #1 prospect. Partly because he is good and partly by default.
      I assume Pulock comes off of the prospect list this season.

So you think Barzal moves ahead of dal Colle? Not a crazy thought.

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

I assume Pulock comes off of the prospect list this season.

So you think Barzal moves ahead of dal Colle? Not a crazy thought.
        Yup, I'm hoping Pulock is off the list by mid-season the latest.

I think dal Colle is at the turning point where if he isn't in the NHL soon his value starts going down. Basically what we saw with Reinhart. If Pulock isn't in the NHL this year, same thing.

Comment

I think dal Colle is at the turning point where if he isn't in the NHL soon his value starts going down. Basically what we saw with Reinhart. If Pulock isn't in the NHL this year, same thing.

We also have to see what we get for Okposo.

Comment

When dal Colle goes back to juniors and scores 125 goals his value won't go down.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbomb View Post

We also have to see what we get for Okposo.
              Maybe another Collberg, that would be pretty sweet.

Comment

Going back for his 4th year in Jrs didn't seem to degrade Strome's value though, nor did him starting the following season down in Bridgeport.

Dal Colle is, much like Strome, on the young side of his draft class. He still needs to get stronger. Look at Brock Nelson. Tall string beans both of them. I actually think Dal Colle could potentially fill out more than Nelson has been able to so far, but who knows.

Comment

Reinhart was a head case with major attitude issues, Dal Collie not so much.

Comment

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...55825070944256

Also based on the first week of preseason games/camp, #Isles No. 1 forward prospect is Mathew Barzal. Team raving about him so far.

Comment

Is he #1 according to Staple or the Islander brass? I expected Barzal to pass Dal Colle this season but not this soon.

Originally posted by 31GOALIE31 View Post

Reinhart was a head case with major attitude issues, Dal Collie not so much.
                      I thought that was the Nino excuse? Either way, 2 failed top 5 picks during the "rebuild" with a 3rd, Dal Colle, looking very possible. As much as people want to sugar coat or flat out ignore Snow's major mistakes, they still exist.

Comment

Is he #1 according to Staple or the Islander brass? I expected Barzal to pass Dal Colle this season but not this soon.

I thought that was the Nino excuse? Either way, 2 failed top 5 picks during the "rebuild" with a 3rd, Dal Colle, looking very possible. As much as people want to sugar coat or flat out ignore Snow's major mistakes, they still exist.

Only if you completely ignore the other side of the argument. Who cares what happens to Reinhart, when you picked up 2 top prospects for him? Why don't those count?

Comment

I think Barzal and Dal Colle (Both) will be key contributors on a going forward basis. Beauvillier too. I think Ho-Sang will too - but not a sure bet anymore. (barring trades)

Comment

Originally posted by Kaszycki's Krew View Post
                            I think Barzal and Dal Colle (Both) will be key contributors on a going forward basis. Beauvillier too. I think Ho-Sang will too - but not a sure bet anymore. (barring trades)
                            That is the nice part of having 4 high end forward prospects - we don't need all 4 of them to work out. If we can get 1 star and 2 NHL regulars we will be in good shape, even if one of them busts.

Comment

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...out-1.10892073
                              Islanders prospect Mathew Barzal isn't afraid to stand out

NEWARK - Mathew Barzal got the full array of lessons learned Friday night. The 15th overall pick in the June draft, Barzal showed some of his considerable skill in converting a turnover into a quick backhand goal in the second period against the Devils.
                              He also turned a puck over at the New Jersey blue line that led to a shorthanded breakaway goal and got beat for position in front of his own net on the eventual winner for the Devils in the third.

But this is the time for learning and Barzal has turned more heads for good reasons than bad during his first NHL training camp.

Comment

Working...
                              X