Henrik Tikkanen-7th round pick,#214 overall in the 2020 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henrik Tikkanen-7th round pick,#214 overall in the 2020 Draft

Eliteprospects.com hockey player profile of Henrik Tikkanen, 2000-09-28 Lohja, FIN Finland. Most recently in the Mestis with IPK. Complete player biography and stats.
    THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Left yours, deleted mine!

6 foot 8 inches? Dang!

Comment

Yep that is a big boy!
      THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Worth a shot!
        The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

But Tex Williamsson was missing for a while as he was still not one hundred percent after having covid-19 during the late summer. Then MoDo brought in the Finn Henrik Tikkanen instead. But then Williamsson has returned and has then formed a goalkeeper pair with Tikkanen, which has meant that Wallin has ended up as a third goalkeeper. In fact, the 23-year-old has not guarded the box office for MoDo since October 6 in a 5-0 loss against Tingsryd. Now Wallin is therefore loaned out to Norwegian Frisk Asker
          https://hockeysverige.se/2021/11/08/...ka-frisk-asker
          In a nut shell, the #1 goes down with Covid, they bring Tikkanen in on loan, and he ends up stealing the backup job when the #1 came back.
          "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

No longer Islander property. Oh well. He timed out.

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay View Post
              No longer Islander property. Oh well. He timed out.
              After only 2 years? Did we let him go?

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

I read it in a Finnish newspaper. We had two years to sign him.

Comment

I read that it was due to that particular draft being held later than usual because of Covid.

During that delay, he turned 19. Players drafted at 19 have less time before needing to be signed.

With that said, it's also possible that he didn't do enough to convince Lou to sign him, or it could be that his agent advised him to just wait and pick his destination.

I believe we now need to draft or sign at least 1 young prospect goalie to replace Tikkanen in the system to go along with Tristan Lennox.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post

I read that it was due to that particular draft being held later than usual because of Covid.

During that delay, he turned 19. Players drafted at 19 have less time before needing to be signed.

With that said, it's also possible that he didn't do enough to convince Lou to sign him, or it could be that his agent advised him to just wait and pick his destination.

I believe we now need to draft or sign at least 1 young prospect goalie to replace Tikkanen in the system to go along with Tristan Lennox.
                    So now that he's signed with Bridgeport, how does that work? If we want to call him up do we buy the contract? Is he Islander property or can another team move in on him if they wanted to?

Comment

So now that he's signed with Bridgeport, how does that work? If we want to call him up do we buy the contract? Is he Islander property or can another team move in on him if they wanted to?
                      I think he is free to sign an NHL contract with any team at any time.

With Skarek and Appleby already under contract I think he likely starts in the ECHL.

Comment

Is he related to Essa?

Comment

I think he is free to sign an NHL contract with any team at any time.

With Skarek and Appleby already under contract I think he likely starts in the ECHL.
                          I hope so, better to start in the E than backup in the A at this stage in his career.

Comment

I hope so, better to start in the E than backup in the A at this stage in his career.
                            As far as I know, Mark is right. He can sign an NHL contract with any team (including us), at any time.

Seems unlikely that he would sign elsewhere without giving us a shot to keep him though.

Comment

Working...
                            X