Coronavirus - lots of questions for the 20-21 season and beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
    Very fair considering MSG will require everyone to be vaccinated.
    We will see what they do with masks. They were very tough during the regular season and early in the playoffs. By the end of the Boston series, they got lax and no one was wearing a mask. Me included. It did not feel necessary. But now I think I will be wearing one unless the circumstances change again.
    "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

• Breakthrough cases of the highly contagious virus in a sport where players are in such close contact isn't a surprise: expert

Comment

• Islanders Games Postponed at Least Through Nov. 30

New York Islanders Games Postponed at Least Through Nov. 30

by New York Islanders PR @NYIslanders / NewYorkIslanders.com
        28 minutes ago

The National Hockey League announced today that as a result of an additional New York Islanders Player entering COVID Protocol this morning, and up to eight Players potentially unavailable to play due to COVID Protocol, as well as the possibility of additional cases due to spread, the team's games will be postponed at least through Tuesday, Nov. 30. The decision was made by the League in consultation with the NHLPA's and Club's medical groups.

The League is in the process of reviewing and revising the Islanders' regular season schedule.

The Islanders organization has followed, and will continue to follow, all recommended guidelines aimed at protecting the health and safety of its Players, staff and community at large as set by the NHL, local, state and national agencies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaszycki's Krew View Post
          Islanders Games Postponed at Least Through Nov. 30

New York Islanders Games Postponed at Least Through Nov. 30

by New York Islanders PR @NYIslanders / NewYorkIslanders.com
          28 minutes ago

The National Hockey League announced today that as a result of an additional New York Islanders Player entering COVID Protocol this morning, and up to eight Players potentially unavailable to play due to COVID Protocol, as well as the possibility of additional cases due to spread, the team's games will be postponed at least through Tuesday, Nov. 30. The decision was made by the League in consultation with the NHLPA's and Club's medical groups.

The League is in the process of reviewing and revising the Islanders' regular season schedule.

The Islanders organization has followed, and will continue to follow, all recommended guidelines aimed at protecting the health and safety of its Players, staff and community at large as set by the NHL, local, state and national agencies.
          A week to late.
          "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

• Sorry I'm late to this. Got caught up in Michigan beating Ohio State. Tremendous game.

So I'm reading it's Casey and 3 staff members that Lou won't name.

NHL really screwed this up.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/AGrossNewsday/st...gYoInlLcw&s=19

#Isles practice facility must remain closed for now, no contact among players, staff, members of organization.

Team needs three days of negative tests to re-open facility.

Theoretically, that could be Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, then practice Wednesday, host Sharks Thursday.

Comment

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post
                https://twitter.com/AGrossNewsday/st...gYoInlLcw&s=19

#Isles practice facility must remain closed for now, no contact among players, staff, members of organization.

Theoretically, that could be Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, then practice Wednesday, host Sharks Thursday.
                Well looks like our 4 game homestand is going to be a little longer.
                THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

https://twitter.com/AGrossNewsday/st...gYoInlLcw&s=19

My guess is it will take more time for the recent pos tests to clear out. Prob gonna be closed all week.

Comment

• The NHL's covid policies are ineffective and outdated. In a league where vaccination is mandatory, why is this happening?
                    The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post
                      The NHL's covid policies are ineffective and outdated. In a league where vaccination is mandatory, why is this happening?
                      I don't think they have a policy, it's at the discretion of the league. Bettman had a new toy to unveil and nothing was going to get in his way. Our homestand should have been canceled. He's despicable.
                      "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post
                        The NHL's covid policies are ineffective and outdated. In a league where vaccination is mandatory, why is this happening?
                        B/c the vax is not a vax. It's more of a prophylactic treatment that usually lessens the severity of infection. If we test a lot of ppl we will get positive cases even in ppl with little or no symptoms. And those pos tests will trigger the covid protocols and then games will get cancelled.

Eventually we will learn to live with covid like we do the flu and other respiratory illnesses. If you're too sick to play then you wont, just like with the flu or bronchitis, etc.

Teams will still go thru stretches where a bug is going thru the locker room and guys are scratched b/c they're too sick to play and the team drops a few games b/c their compete level is not 100% due to guys being scratched or playing under the weather.

OR we will continue to test and quarantine players and teams and cancel games, etc.

The vaccines arent the game changer that you would expect from a vaccine. There's no measles outbreaks among players b/c pretty much every one of them is vaxed against the measles and the measles vaccine works the way we expect a vax to work.

Comment

Sorry I'm late to this. Got caught up in Michigan beating Ohio State. Tremendous game.

So I'm reading it's Casey and 3 staff members that Lou won't name.

NHL really screwed this up.
                          I am just reading this all now.. was wondering why there wasn't a game day thread...

Comment

• Gee I wonder how he got it?

https://twitter.com/StapeAthletic/st...U8pImIDEw&s=19

#NYR say Greg McKegg is in COVID protocol.

Comment

Gee I wonder how he got it?

That's really interesting. It doesn't really transmit during games because you aren't in constant distance to another player for longer than a couple of seconds. This is actually pretty interesting if he got it from the Islanders.

Comment

Gee I wonder how he got it?

Keep an eye out on the rest of the Rangers' roster now.

Comment

Working...
                                X