Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valtteri Filppula - Detroit Red Wings

https://twitter.com/StapeAthletic/st...626869760?s=19

Source says #Isles have indeed signed C Valteri Filppula, though team has not confirmed.
    "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

The Twitter pundits hate this one too.

But as I suggested earlier today he will provide defense from the 3rd line center spot, will win faceoffs, can kill penalties, and score some goals.

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post
      https://twitter.com/StapeAthletic/st...626869760?s=19

Source says #Isles have indeed signed C Valteri Filppula, though team has not confirmed.
      It on there site.

Comment

Looking like Brock is closing in on 2nd line duty. Yuck.
        The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post
          Looking like Brock is closing in on 2nd line duty. Yuck.
          Brock is getting traded. Go to Beau first before Brock.

Comment

I hope it's for no more than 1 year, but I bet it's for 2 or more.

At this point, I think this signing signals that we're just filling out the roster with whatever we can for this season, and hope to pounce on better opportunities as they arise throughout the next year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post
              The Twitter pundits hate this one too.

But as I suggested earlier today he will provide defense from the 3rd line center spot, will win faceoffs, can kill penalties, and score some goals.
              I have to admit, I don't like this signing at all. He's not all that effective of a player anymore. He was done a couple of years ago when TB got rid of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post

At this point, I think this signing signals that we're just filling out the roster with whatever we can for this season, and hope to pounce on better opportunities as they arise throughout the next year or so.
                Yep that is pretty much all we can do right now. Just keep the term down the best they can on these guys. Would have preferred 3 over 4 for Komorov
                THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Exactly Dom. What such a huge rollercoaster of a ride of an offseason. What started out to be so promising has turned out to be a pretty piss poor result.

Comment

Garage sale day

Comment

I think that's what they are doing. Komarov and Filppula are just filler players. This is expansion-quality stuff, but not in a Las Vegas kind of way. It will be another rebuild. I expect to see Eberle traded, but maybe Lee signed.

Comment

Originally posted by Islenut View Post
                        Garage sale day
                        Different board, same team. I can only imagine what attendance will be like this season.

Comment

Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

Exactly Dom. What such a huge rollercoaster of a ride of an offseason. What started out to be so promising has turned out to be a pretty piss poor result.
                          At least we got what was most important. Yes this officially puts us in lottery contention
                          THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Originally posted by PaulD View Post

I think that's what they are doing. Komarov and Filppula are just filler players. This is expansion-quality stuff, but not in a Las Vegas kind of way. It will be another rebuild. I expect to see Eberle traded, but maybe Lee signed.
                            It's shaping up to look that way Paul. It's going to be a rough year.

Comment

Oh boy.
                              My goodness.
                              This is tough to take.

Comment

Working...
                              X