Mikko Koskinen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikko Koskinen

Well here is our goalie for next season.

https://twitter.com/A_Kalnins/status/984045354332106752

Per Sport-express New York Islanders are set to sign SKA goalie Mikko Koskinen on July 1st
    https://twitter.com/StapeAthletic/st...47708771102720

Checking with #Isles on this, but I don't doubt Aivis' sources. Koskinen was 31st overall pick by #Isles in 2009, left North America after 11-12 and has been playing for SKA in the KHL the last four seasons. He's 29.
    “Individual players win games, but teams win championships"

Oh boy. Didn't he suck when he was here?

Comment

Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
      Oh boy. Didn't he suck when he was here?
      I can't remember who was worse, him or Anders Nilsson.

He has been pretty good in the KHL for years, I guess we can hope he got better. But....this is a typical Garth move. Throw paint against the wall and hope some of it sticks. I am sure he is crowing to Ledecky about what great value this contract is and what steal it will be for the team. And of course how smart he is and what a great job he does.

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

He has been pretty good in the KHL for years, I guess we can hope he got better. But....this is a typical Garth move. Throw paint against the wall and hope some of it sticks. I am sure he is crowing to Ledecky about what great value this contract is and what steal it will be for the team. And of course how smart he is and what a great job he does.
        If he's here for depth (ie - replacing Kristers Gudlevskis), that's fine, but obviously we can't be pinning our hopes on this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post

If he's here for depth (ie - replacing Kristers Gudlevskis), that's fine, but obviously we can't be pinning our hopes on this guy.
          Exactly. But why would he leave the KHL where he is being paid not badly and is the starting goaltender to become depth here? That concerns me.

Comment

Or maybe not.

https://twitter.com/IgorEronko/statu...50625699860480

Hearing Mikko Koskinen is leaving SKA and is set to sign in the NHL. Others sources mention #Isles as a destination, but it's unlikely

Comment

I think the plan should be to sign an NHL level quality goaltender to start. Start with Greiss as the backup, just to let Soderstrom get his feet wet and then waive Greiss when Soderstrom is ready.

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

Anders Nilsson has not been horrible since he left. He had a decent season as a backup on a horrendous Buffalo team in 16-17 and was still better than Greiss last season in Vancouver. Of course that doesn't make him good though.

Comment

Originally posted by FranzyFan View Post

Anders Nilsson has not been horrible since he left. He had a decent season as a backup on a horrendous Buffalo team in 16-17 and was still better than Greiss last season in Vancouver. Of course that doesn't make him good though.
                  Not starter material.

Comment

Mikko is better than Jaro right now so there's that. Garth is righting the ship. The playoffs, there a coming!
                    Lou can build Rome in one off season.

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay View Post
                      Mikko is better than Jaro right now so there's that. Garth is righting the ship. The playoffs, there a coming!
                      If we don't have a real defense in front of him who can clear the puck, it does not matter who's in net.

Comment

Originally posted by 31GOALIE31 View Post

If we don't have a real defense in front of him who can clear the puck, it does not matter who's in net.
                        Garth learned his lesson. He'll pick someone up off the waiver wire and save us a third round pick. After 12 years, I think he's starting to figure it out.

Comment

Didn’t this guy suck badly the last time he was here?
                          The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post
                            Didn’t this guy suck badly the last time he was here?
                            If you compare Mikko's suck to Garth's suck, he's actually pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay View Post
                              If you compare Mikko's suck to Garth's suck, he's actually pretty good.
                              This house burned to the ground. That one over there burned to the ground, but the chimney is still standing.....
                              The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

Working...
                              X