Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mw147 View Post

Maybe Andy Greene?
    No. Keep Greene. Greene will come in at a low contract. He is our most underrated defenseman and still has it at age 38. We need to keep payroll down.

Leddy has to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

No. Keep Greene. Greene will come in at a low contract. He is our most underrated defenseman and still has it at age 38. We need to keep payroll down.

Leddy has to go.
      I am definitely in favor of keeping Greene but there is talk he may retire. If he wants to play I assume he will want to stay here and we will want to sign him.

The problem is that Greene and Leddy are left shots and we don't have any ready replacements.
      "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

I am definitely in favor of keeping Greene but there is talk he may retire. If he wants to play I assume he will want to stay here and we will want to sign him.

The problem is that Greene and Leddy are left shots and we don't have any ready replacements.
        Paging Mr Lou Lamereillo
        THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

• Hammer certainly fills the off-ice Lou requirements but yeah we would need a lefty to replace Greene or Leddy.

Comment

• Travis Hamonic has yet to be at Canucks training camp. Why he's been absent hasn't been revealed by the team.

Comment

• I still wish him the best, I hope it all works out for him.

Comment

I still wish him the best, I hope it all works out for him.
                I wish the best for him as well. And while I'm sure he has personal/family issues going on, you need to put your big boy pants on and crap or get off the pot (put your big boy pants after you crap ofcourse). You can't hold up professional NHL teams because of your personal issues. It's not right.

Comment

• Canucks general manager Jim Benning said Friday that defenseman Travis Hamonic isn't opting out of the NHL season, but has yet to join the team.

Comment

• How does this guy not get his situation worked out with his team? I get it. You have personal issues. How about you either commit or not commit. One or the other. I'm sorry, I loved Travis and I hope his issues are worked out, but I just think this is really crappy of him.

CapFriendly

@CapFriendly
                    ·
                    27s
                    Based on info we've received, it appears that the #Canucks have suspended Travis Hamonic without pay He was already buried in the minors, decreasing his cap hit from $3M to 1.875M. The 1.875M hit is now also completely removed. His current cap hit is $0 https://capfriendly.com/teams/canucks?hide_twitter_img

Comment

• I really hate to see this.

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/stat...33730358489092

Based on info we've received, it appears that the #Canucks have suspended Travis Hamonic without pay He was already buried in the minors, decreasing his cap hit from $3M to 1.875M. The 1.875M hit is now also completely removed. His current cap hit is $0

Comment

• Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
                        How does this guy not get his situation worked out with his team? I get it. You have personal issues. How about you either commit or not commit. One or the other. I'm sorry, I loved Travis and I hope his issues are worked out, but I just think this is really crappy of him.

We don't know what is going on in private but I just hate to see the way this situation seems to be playing out.

Comment

We don't know what is going on in private but I just hate to see the way this situation seems to be playing out.
                          It obvious this guy values family more than hockey. You all know I loved Hammer but George is right. If you can't commit then go be with your family and leave. I really don't know what the situation is but this is the 2nd time now in his career he had to get home. I'm sure plenty other players have had life and death in their playing careers.
                          THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

• Originally posted by TK27 View Post

It obvious this guy values family more than hockey. You all know I loved Hammer but George is right. If you can't commit then go be with your family and leave. I really don't know what the situation is but this is the 2nd time now in his career he had to get home. I'm sure plenty other players have had life and death in their playing careers.
                            Exactly TK.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status...RxXwi5MpQ&s=19

Just before their home opener, the Vancouver Canucks announced Travis Hamonic will be reporting to the team.

https://t.co/pk3IgQQEU5

Comment

• Jack Rathbone has been called up from Abbotsford to fill in his spot on the roster. And Luke Schenn has been placed on injured reserve.

Comment

Working...
                                X