Standings discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

Damn, my memory is shot. I don't even vaguely remember that.
    I remember it being the most unsatisfying 1st place that we had. It was tough because it was only a few years after the glory days. I had a pretty good idea we could lose that series and we did.
    THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post

I remember it being the most unsatisfying 1st place that we had. It was tough because it was only a few years after the glory days. I had a pretty good idea we could lose that series and we did.

I just looked it up to refresh my memory. That was the first season of the post-Bossy era. If they had him, they could have won the cup.

Comment

Nice to be back in 2nd place! Man this could be one long roller coaster ride this year!

Comment

And the roller coaster ride continues as down we drop in to Wild Card 1 spot. I don't mind being on the roller coaster as long as we stay inside on a playoff spot. Don't want to roller out there

Comment

And the roller coaster ride continues as down we drop in to Wild Card 1 spot. I don't mind being on the roller coaster as long as we stay inside on a playoff spot. Don't want to roller out there
            It is going to be a dog fight for the playoffs. Right now the only thing helping the Islanders in remaining the third place playoff team and not a wild card is the fact they have the same points as Pitt and Washington but have played less games. They have not played well in their last three games but have somehow managed to take 3 points in those games. But they will need to be much better than they have shown in the last three games.

Comment

And down from 2nd place back to Wild Card 1. Hang on folks this is going to be some ride!

Comment

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-metropo...?tid=277548856

Metropolitan Division crowded at top

Blue Jackets, Capitals tied for first, sixth-place Rangers five points back

Heading home following a 4-2 loss against the Washington Capitals on Friday, the New York Rangers couldn't help feeling like they wasted an opportunity.

They battled back from being down 2-0 to tie the game on Jesper Fast's goal at 9:37 of the third period, but allowed two goals in the final 3:32 of the third and came away with no points against a Metropolitan Division rival.

With a victory the Rangers would have pulled within one point of the idle Pittsburgh Penguins for fifth place in the tight division race. They defeated the Penguins 4-3 in Pittsburgh on Tuesday. That was a game they found a way to win.

They felt like they found a way to lose one against the Capitals.

"We talked about this week was a huge week for us and started off on the right foot with the win against [Pittsburgh]," Rangers captain Ryan McDonagh said. "We wanted to try to back that up because if you're not getting points in any fashion you're going to fall off. So definitely a missed opportunity here, and it stings right now because we worked hard to climb back in it and let them make plays and they burned us."
                Belmont and/or Bust!!!

Comment

And the rollercoaster ride is on the upswing again in to 2nd place Nice

Comment

Well back in to 2nd spot we go and as nice as it is to see different teams up at the top of the Metro. It is kind of nice to see the Devils fall out for the first time this year! But they still have a game or two in hand on most teams. I guess it is a start we really don't need this team hanging around making things tense. I had Carolina kind of in the same category and it is nice to see them falling to the .500 level.

Plus how nice is it to see Montreal, Pittsburgh and Philly on the outside? And don't say Rangers because I want to play them and I want to beat them up like in the old days

Comment

Well back in to 2nd spot we go and as nice as it is to see different teams up at the top of the Metro. It is kind of nice to see the Devils fall out for the first time this year! But they still have a game or two in hand on most teams. I guess it is a start we really don't need this team hanging around making things tense. I had Carolina kind of in the same category and it is nice to see them falling to the .500 level.

Plus how nice is it to see Montreal, Pittsburgh and Philly on the outside? And don't say Rangers because I want to play them and I want to beat them up like in the old days
                      I have to believe that one of the goalies will get hot and when that happens we should pull away from the bottom tier teams....or the forwards will go into a slump.
                      #Bloodoath

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay View Post

I have to believe that one of the goalies will get hot and when that happens we should pull away from the bottom tier teams....or the forwards will go into a slump.
                        I could see this season turning in to a 9 team conference race. Of course it will really only be an 8 team race but one of those teams will be eliminated as someone will lose a spot with 3rd place in the Atlantic getting in

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand back down to Wild Card 1 we go...................man I feel like we are playing Snakes and Ladders lol

Comment

Working...
                          X