No announcement yet.

Power Rankings/Standings/General Analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure the competition is too pleased with us and the Leafs putting up a 3 point game tonight. Holy crap we're in 10th place how did that happen?????!!!!!!!..................oh ya Jack I forgot lol
    THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

It would seem to me that everything fell just right for the Isles to climb out of the basement and to the spot we are at which is leading the pack of the non playoff teams. We needed to get rid of Cappy sooner but at least we did it just in the nick of time!

Everything fell right for us. We went on a winning streak right at the time the teams we needed to lose did so and we took advantage of the games we had in hand which is something this team rarely does. So we got lucky right?

Yes indeed we did!!!!!!!! Now we have to get in on our own merit. Now that we are at the top it looks like some of the teams we got by have their act together. Boston was struggling but now a coaching change has helped them. Florida was missing both Barkov and Huberdeau and now they are both back. Buffalo was also hit by injuries and now they are healthy again.

Tampa and Toronto are wildcards for me. Tampa has the talent but their hole may be too deep. Toronto is very young and everything tells us they will falter down the stretch but will they?

Yes we got lucky and now we have a battle on our hands. To pass 7 teams was amazing but now the real challenge of passing one more team and then being able to hold off 8 teams from passing us. Well that is challenge number 2 and a big one!

Comment

It is hard to get mad at the Isles for not sweeping the Devils or get mad at them for losing to anyone. Hockey is now anyone's guess. For really the first time ever any team can beat any team at any given time. Wings just did what the Isles did when they were in last place. They just beat Caps and Pens back to back.

Hockey is crazy right now so unpredictable. So hang on and hope for the best!

Comment

And once again we are the hunted........... feels good

Comment

Well this feels good for the first time we are actually in a playoff spot. We are not tied with anyone and have games in hand on them etc and no one can catch us with games in hand. We actually sit in WC2 all by ourselves........................... I think Doug Weight deserves the SLOW CLAP

Comment

I was just looking at the standings. This is going to be an epic battle for 1 playoff spot! We pretty much have 1 shot at 1 spot. All the other teams pretty much have 2 shots. Atlantic division teams but for Metro there is pretty much only 1 spot.

Comment

I kind of like the way things panned out on the out of town scoreboard tonight. I kind of like splitting away from the 5 to 6 teams fighting for one spot. I would much rather get it down to 2 or 3 like now.

Comment

Nothing will ever match that magical playoff run lead by Doobie Doo. The way that run went down was truly amazing. Every team that had to lose and every win we needed to win and did. We needed so much help and everything fell our way including the devastating last second goal to tie but the jublilation of the Doobie poke check.

However with saying all that. This season has a chance to go down as one of our franchises most epic runs. Last place Thanksgiving. It would be a different epic than the other but epic still the same Let's go boys lets do this!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X