Who do you want to win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you want to win?

I'm just kind of curious to the positioning we all might have of the remaining teams. We each have a different perspective of how we see them. This would be my list.

1- St. Louis- I have never had the oppertunity to hate this team. There is zero history or rivalry. Plus I have always liked their uni's

2- Nashville- Another team I have no hate for however with saying that I have never particularly liked them. Maybe it has been their awful uniform choices or that I have never thought of Nashville as a hockey team. However I'm getting over that and really wouldn't mind seeing them win at all.

3- Ottawa- I lived their from ages 10 to 12 and went to the Ottawa Nationals first season in the WHA. Always loved their Junior A team because of Denis Potvin. Not a big fan of their NHL team but I could live with them winning.

4- Anaheim- For sure not a big Duck fan and they have already won. I think my dislike for them is because of their original name the Mighty Ducks.

5- Washington- The only reason they rate this high is because they have never won. Plus I hate hearing the Crosby has won a Cup and Ovie hasn't argument.

6- Pittsburgh- Hate this team but I have made it through them winning before and will do it again.

7-NY Rangers- Obvious reasons

8-Edmonton Oilers- To me this is the Isles true rival. They are the team that almost stopped our streak at 3 and did for sure after 4 and we haven't had a sniff since. Spending my high school years in Calgary helps me with this hatred. I detest Gretzky and anything to do with the city

THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

I would like nothing better than to see Nashville and Edmonton in the WCF - just because it would drive Bettman to drink.
    The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

Also, put a gun to my head and I say it is time the Caps or Blues won a cup.
      The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

I would not mind the Blues or the Preds winning it all.

Comment

To me it is mostly about matchups.

For example, I have no love for the Caps, but I HATE the Pens, so I'm all in on the Caps for this series.

Obviously it's GO Sens GO!

I have equal feeling for the Blues and Preds, either one winning is fine with me.

I still have issues with the Oilers from our cup years when they were arrogant before they won anything. So while I have no feeling for the Ducks I am on board with them for this series.

"There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

If the Oilers after so many years of sucking and not having made the playoffs in a decade, somehow make their way to the cup finals, I will bang my head against the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by sneakypete View Post
              If the Oilers after so many years of sucking and not having made the playoffs in a decade, somehow make their way to the cup finals, I will bang my head against the wall.
              That would not surprise me one little bit. I will join you banging my head on the wall with you.
              THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Originally posted by sneakypete View Post
                I'm in on the head banging festival.
                "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

My order is similar to TK's but I put Anaheim first and Ottawa second. I have this weird thing with not wanting teams that have not won a Cup to win one. Still the Blues and Preds rank above the other 4 teams for obvious reasons though the Rags rank last. And yes, I know this version of the Sens haven't won a Cup, but the city has.

Comment

Working...
                  X