Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arizona Coyotes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Dom View Post

    I don't know why this is considered such a great deal for Arizona. For this deal to work out in Arizona's favor, Crouse absolutely has to pan out as a top-6 forward within the next couple years. I guess we'll see.
    What did they give up? A 2nd and 3rd round pick. In return for a first round pick who is almost ready for a shot in the NHL. And they got a player with a large cap hit, which unfortunately they are going to need.

    I wish this practice of getting something for taking on a cap hit was in play when we did the Tim Thomas deal. We got nothing in return.
    "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by mw147 View Post

      What did they give up? A 2nd and 3rd round pick. In return for a first round pick who is almost ready for a shot in the NHL. And they got a player with a large cap hit, which unfortunately they are going to need.

      I wish this practice of getting something for taking on a cap hit was in play when we did the Tim Thomas deal. We got nothing in return.
      I just don't know if Crouse is a legit high end prospect, but maybe he is.

      I'm thinking the Panthers saw something they weren't too thrilled with, and cut bait on him quick, before it got out there. If that's the case, then they made out like bandits in this deal. We all know how hard it is to recover good value on 1st rd picks that don't make it. We got extremely lucky with Reinhart, but that's the rare exception.

      Comment


      • #33
        some say crouse should have been more dominant this past season being a man amomgst boys in the ohl .

        he looked pretty good to me when I watched a few kingston games while I was keeping an eye on dal colle

        Comment


        • #34
          IF Arizona can do it - why can't we ?
          The Coyotes have a new stadium deal that will get them out of Glendale for the 2019-20 season.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Kaszycki's Krew View Post
            IF Arizona can do it - why can't we ?
            I don't know. Plenty of places would bend over backwards to get a professional sports franchise, why is it that NY is so lax?
            "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Tjay View Post

              I don't know. Plenty of places would bend over backwards to get a professional sports franchise, why is it that NY is so lax?
              I am not sure. NYC and Newark between them have 8 professional franchises already in NYM, NYY, NYG, NYJ, NYK, BKL, Rag$, NJD and Brooklyn Isles. Not a novelty. Nassau County is a MESS. NYC does not need them. Long Island does - but -cannot get their S**T together.

              Ledecky has a tough road to go here. Here's hoping he can find his way back to LI. Would not count on it.

              Comment


              • #37
                https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/stat...16700504088577

                Hearing ARIZ is going to send Dylan Strome back to junior. Right move for now, we will see plenty of him later.
                "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

                Comment


                • #38
                  ASU pulls out of arena deal w Coyotes. We are not only team with arena issues
                   A deal between the Arizona Coyotes and ASU for a joint arena "will not be moving forward." Back in November, the Coyotes announced the deal for a new arena to be built in Tempe.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Kaszycki's Krew View Post
                    ASU pulls out of arena deal w Coyotes. We are not only team with arena issues
                    The race to Quebec?
                    "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Just posting to show we are not alone - with arena and logistics of fan base problems.

                      The Coyotes need three key ingredients to succeed; stable ownership, winning and the right location. That location is not Glendale.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Hockey in the desert remains a horrible idea.
                        The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post
                          Hockey in the desert remains a horrible idea.
                          It is long overdue to get this team OUT of the NHL. Off to Quebec with them and Seattle get your **** together and get the next expansion team.
                          THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...78378993217536

                            Evolving situation in ARI but upshot is Coyotes and head coach Dave Tippett apparently on verge of parting ways. Announcement expected soon.
                            "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              On eve of NHL Draft, Coyotes have no coach, no captain (yet), no president/CEO, no starting G, no No. 1 C (still), no prez of hockey ops.
                              https://twitter.com/craigsmorgan/sta...91272334045185

                              Honestly, THANK GOD Wang backed out of the deal with Andrew Barroway.

                              What a disaster that would likely have been.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Dom View Post

                                https://twitter.com/craigsmorgan/sta...91272334045185

                                Honestly, THANK GOD Wang backed out of the deal with Andrew Barroway.

                                What a disaster that would likely have been.
                                Totally different circumstances, you can't necessarily extrapolate from one to the other. But who knows, it could have been bad.
                                "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X