Arizona Coyotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dom View Post

Good move. After all he's been through and done for that team over the years, including a very productive season last year, he deserves this.
    It is nice that they are treating him well for his service and it is deserved but he certainly is not 5 million dollars good anymore.
    THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

https://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/756886042829991936

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper Hearing @ArizonaCoyotes will sign D man Luke Schenn to a 2 year deal. @Sportsnet
      Curious how much he is getting.
      "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

Cheap

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/stat...88155085733889

Luke Schenn AAV in ARIZ is $1.25M

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post
          Cheap

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/stat...88155085733889

Luke Schenn AAV in ARIZ is $1.25M

So I guess he pretty much has the bust label.

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post

So I guess he pretty much has the bust label.
            He's an NHL player so he's not Filatov, but yeah he's fallen WAY short of what you can expect from a#5 overall pick.

Comment

He's an NHL player so he's not Filatov, but yeah he's fallen WAY short of what you can expect from a#5 overall pick.
              Ya I meant for the position he was drafted. Making the NHL is a great accomplishment in itself

Comment

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/ve...buyout-coming/

Vermette placed on unconditional waivers by Coyotes, buyout coming

The youth movement is in full swing in Arizona, and it appears to have cost Antoine Vermette his spot with the Coyotes.

Monday afternoon the Coyotes placed Vermette, 34, on unconditional waivers, and according to AZ Sports’ Craig Morgan the next step will be a buyout of the veteran pivot’s contract. Vermette is currently in the final season of a two-year, $7.5-million deal he signed with the Coyotes in July 2015, and the buyout comes out of left field.

Comment

"Vermette had to agree to be placed on waivers, too, which is an interesting wrinkle. He has a no-movement clause, but the chance to be picked up on unconditional waivers offers him the opportunity to earn his full salary this coming season. One reason he may have agreed could be that heading straight to a buyout would leave him without the option to earn his full salary. Add that to knowing he wouldn’t have the role he wanted with the club, and it makes sense why Vermette would agree."

Here's a question for the board: assuming this was a player we would consider signing to a 1 yr deal, would the fact that he was willing to play in the minors in order to preserve his salary make you question his drive to excel? Would it make you think he's more interested in teh money than the game? Or would you give him the benefit of the doubt that it's just a simple business calculation on his part?

I can see the merit in both arguments, but to me it I don't like that he was willing to play in the minors. It doesn't sit well with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Justshoot2003 View Post
                    "Vermette had to agree to be placed on waivers, too, which is an interesting wrinkle. He has a no-movement clause, but the chance to be picked up on unconditional waivers offers him the opportunity to earn his full salary this coming season. One reason he may have agreed could be that heading straight to a buyout would leave him without the option to earn his full salary. Add that to knowing he wouldn’t have the role he wanted with the club, and it makes sense why Vermette would agree."

Here's a question for the board: assuming this was a player we would consider signing to a 1 yr deal, would the fact that he was willing to play in the minors in order to preserve his salary make you question his drive to excel? Would it make you think he's more interested in teh money than the game? Or would you give him the benefit of the doubt that it's just a simple business calculation on his part?

I can see the merit in both arguments, but to me it I don't like that he was willing to play in the minors. It doesn't sit well with me.
                    He is at the end of his career, won a cup with Chicago, and could at this point just be looking to sock away money to keep him going after his playing days are over. Can't say I really blame him, but I also would not want him under these circumstances.

Comment

He is at the end of his career, won a cup with Chicago, and could at this point just be looking to sock away money to keep him going after his playing days are over. Can't say I really blame him, but I also would not want him under these circumstances.
                      Agree. If he were still hungry I'd take him over Bailey in a heartbeat, but he's obviously more focused on money at this point in his career.

Comment

Vermette is past the point of being able to help us. But yes I would take him over Bailey too lol

Comment

http://thehockeywriters.com/dylan-st...junior-hockey/

Dylan Strome Says He’s Done with Junior Hockey

Arizona Coyotes prospect Dylan Strome thinks he has outgrown the junior hockey ranks, the 2015 third-overall pick told the Canadian Press on Monday.

After being one of Arizona’s final cuts during last year’s training camp, the young center thinks he is ready to play with the big boys.

“For myself personally I obviously feel like I’m done with junior and I don’t want to be there next year,” Strome said Sunday from a Hockey Canada development camp. “But at the same time, I obviously want to play in the NHL for a long time in my career and if Arizona thinks that’s best for me next year then I don’t really have a choice, that’s obviously what I’m going to do.”

Comment

https://twitter.com/TheHockeyWriter/...98306061774848

Radim Vrbata Nearing One-Year Deal with Arizona Coyotes: Report - https://t.co/lYVcgvpNLc #hockey #THW https://t.co/X346aVLSBj

Comment

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/co...from-panthers/
                              Coyotes flex cap space again, take on Bolland to land Crouse from Panthers

Life as a budget team hasn’t been bad for the Arizona Coyotes this summer.

At the draft in June, the Coyotes swung a deal to land a prospect they were targeting — defenseman Jakob Chychrun — and all that was required of Arizona GM John Chayka was ensuring he had room to store Pavel Datsyuk’s $7.5 million salary for the coming campaign. That was no problem for the Coyotes, who had a mountain of cap space, and Chayka was at it again Thursday, utilizing his club’s cap space to further bolster his prospect stock.

The Coyotes used the team’s nearly $8 million of wiggle room under the cap to take on Dave Bolland’s awful five-year, $27.5-million contract from the Panthers, but Chayka wasn’t doing Florida any favors. In exchange for taking on the Bolland deal, Arizona also landed the Panthers’ top prospect, Lawson Crouse. And outside of taking on the salary, all it took for Chayka to land one of the 20-best prospects in the league was one second-round and one third-round pick.
                              In Crouse, the Coyotes land a power forward who possesses scoring ability, and at 6-foot-4 and 210 pounds, Crouse could be a physically imposing force as he ages. Over his past two seasons with the OHL’s Kingston Frontenacs, Crouse has netted 67 goals and 140 points in 168 games.
                              With the move, Florida now has roughly $9.8 million in cap space this season and even more down the line. Another two years of Bolland’s cap hit would have been incredibly difficult for the Panthers to work around, especially with raises set to kick in for Aaron Ekblad, Reilly Smith and Derek MacKenzie next season. In addition, each of Jonathan Huberdeau, Alex Petrovic and Mark Pysyk will be up for new contracts as restricted free agents come July 2017 and it would have been hard to stomach three more raises while still forking over $5.5 million per year to Bolland.

Comment

I don't know why this is considered such a great deal for Arizona. For this deal to work out in Arizona's favor, Crouse absolutely has to pan out as a top-6 forward within the next couple years. I guess we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                                X