Adopted Playoff Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adopted Playoff Team

Well I guess it is time to pull out some old tricks from the days when we never used to make the playoffs. Just for ****s and giggles I would throw my hat in to the ring for a team to cheer for in the playoffs. I had 2 years of success with the Kings as I vicariously lived through their playoff runs to the Cup.

Who will everybody pick? I just can't get in to cheering for whoever to beat the Rangers. I dislike most of those teams as well and always feel so dirty. It is always a no win situation.

Well the team I'm going to throw my support this time is................and this probably won't be a popular choice on the board.................The Toronto Maple Leafs. I hate all the press Mathews gets but I'm sure he is a nice kid but I really like Mitch Marner. Plus Matt is on the team. I feel this will be like watching the Young Guns in the World Cup. I can't cheer for the Young Guns in Edmonton because of the 80's rivalry we had with them. Plus I lived my high school years and early 20's in Calgary and trust me the rivalry between those 2 teams is just as big as Rangers/Islanders. So I can't cheer for Edmonton!

I find it easier to throw my hat in to their ring because I'm also not expecting them to go to far. Maybe second round but I would love to see a Leafs / Habs series that would be crazy!
    THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Whoever is playing the Raggie$

Comment

Originally posted by Justshoot2003 View Post
      Whoever is playing the Raggie$
      then after the Ranger who?
      THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post

Gotta wait and see who's left. Maybe NSH. Not a bad club and Lavvy's an OK guy.

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post

Whoever is playing the Pens!
          "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

I'm good friends with several lawyers from Chicago. In fact, one of them is in town and we're going to BC for the game tonight. Spent some time with them in connection with a litigation in Waterbury, Connecticut during one of the Hawks' Cup runs. So I root for the Hawks in addition to whoever is playing the Rag$ and the Pens.

Comment

For years I had to rely on the Bruins to beat the Rags and Pens, so I got used to rooting for them. Not sure who I might latch on to this year. Or I might just sit it out and not watch too much. I'll be in China from April 20-29 anyway so I miss some.
              "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

My favorite team is whoever is playing the Rag$ and then the Pen$. If they play each other - I support the Pen$. Other than that - let God sort out the winner.

Comment

The season is over. I'm watching Yankee baseball.
                  "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

Working...
                  X