X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit Red Wings

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7...d=nhl:topheads

Red Wings encouraged by Datsyuk's progress
    DETROIT – Detroit Red Wings center Pavel Datsyuk is on schedule in his rehab from ankle surgery, general manger Ken Holland said.
    Datsyuk, 37, had surgery to repair ruptured tendons June 26 in Charlotte, N.C.
    Holland said Red Wings trainer Piet Van Zant visited Datsyuk last week.
    "All in all, we're encouraged by his progress," Holland said.
    Datsyuk is scheduled to see his surgeon, Dr. Robert Anderson, in mid-September. Anderson will determine if Datsyuk can begin hockey activities at that time.
    In a Russian television interview last month, Datsyuk said it might be "four or five months" from the surgery before he could play again. That would put his return in late October or November.
    This might give Dylan Larkin a shot to start the season with the Red Wings. I am not sure if he is ready for the show, but this kid is going to be a good one.
    "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

They somehow always make the playoffs, but I think that is going to end this season.

Comment

Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
      They somehow always make the playoffs, but I think that is going to end this season.

Agreed. You don't lose a coach like Babcock and not have it effect their performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Draftman View Post

Agreed. You don't lose a coach like Babcock and not have it effect their performance.

It's possible, but I guess it depends on what happens in their division. Tampa is still going to be a force, but do the Canadiens take a step back this year? What happens to the Bruins? And how about the Panthers? And of course we all hope the Leafs remain a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post

It's possible, but I guess it depends on what happens in their division. Tampa is still going to be a force, but do the Canadiens take a step back this year? What happens to the Bruins? And how about the Panthers? And of course we all hope the Leafs remain a mess.

Boston, Toronto and Buffalo do not make the playoffs. I think Detroit takes a step back. Florida is a possibility but I think they just miss out too. Tampa, Montreal, and Ottawa are the top three in that conference.

I think its quite possible that 5 teams from the Metro make the playoffs this year.

Comment

• gazaroog
            gazaroog commented
            Editing a comment
            That's exactly how I look at it as well.

Live web cam of the new arena construction sight. Exciting...

http://www.districtdetroit.com/live-web-cam/

Comment

Originally posted by Islemutt View Post
            Live web cam of the new arena construction sight. Exciting...

http://www.districtdetroit.com/live-web-cam/
            You moving to Detroit? We can do lunch when I go to visit my son in Ann Arbor. I'm OK with the kosher deli!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

You moving to Detroit? We can do lunch when I go to visit my son in Ann Arbor. I'm OK with the kosher deli!!!
              I'm there for a day or two every couple of weeks but not quite moving. Though it is tempting to sell my home in Brooklyn and buy a zip code up there.

Comment

Where have we seen this before ?
                http://detroit.curbed.com/archives/2...35-million.php

Comment

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....n_has_are.html

Red Wings' Dylan Larkin has room for improvement but 'impact so far has been very good'
                  DETROIT – His NHL career consists of just 12 games yet Dylan Larkin is already doing everything to justify the faith the Detroit Red Wings had in him coming out of training camp.
                  Larkin played so well in the preseason that he forced the Red Wings to buck their trend of bringing prospects along slowly and not promoting them until they had been well-seasoned in the minor leagues.
                  Larkin spent just six playoff games in the minors last season before cracking the Red Wings' roster at age 19 and promptly becoming one of their top players.

Comment

Absolutely filthy move

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...015020583-29-h

Comment

I don't think anyone except his parents expected this out of the kid lol
                      THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post

I don't think anyone except his parents expected this out of the kid lol
                        My son did. He is a student at the University of Michigan, where Larkin played last year, and went to most of the games. He was extremely impressed and Larkin is now his favorite non-Islander in the NHL.

Comment

My son did. He is a student at the University of Michigan, where Larkin played last year, and went to most of the games. He was extremely impressed and Larkin is now his favorite non-Islander in the NHL.
                          He does seem like the real deal. To early to tell but from what I have seen of him. Looks dam good
                          THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post

He does seem like the real deal. To early to tell but from what I have seen of him. Looks dam good
                            https://twitter.com/GeorgeSipple/sta...82170708246528

George Sipple @GeorgeSipple Dylan Larkin is lone All-Star for #RedWings
                            I can only imagine the numbers he would be putting up if he had stayed at Michigan for another season.

Comment

Working...
                            X