Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mw147
    replied
    Sometimes they do better short term when either Crosby or Malkin are out, but that was then. Now I think it can only hurt them.

https://twitter.com/TSNHockey/status...90758484434944

SIDELINED: #Penguins announce Sidney Crosby will miss a minimum of six weeks after having surgery to heal an injured core muscle. http://tsn.ca/1.1397670

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    Originally posted by mw147 View Post

Patience, it's a long season. They should come back to earth.
    Yep I agree and that is even with a return of Malkin.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    Originally posted by TK27 View Post
    This team is surprising the hell out of me! I was sure they wouldn't make the playoffs this year and that their regression was in full swing. I guess I didn't think a 32 year old Crosby could still carry a team single handed. I'm still not sure they will make the playoffs but right now they are making me look like I know nothing about hockey!
    Patience, it's a long season. They should come back to earth.

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    This team is surprising the hell out of me! I was sure they wouldn't make the playoffs this year and that their regression was in full swing. I guess I didn't think a 32 year old Crosby could still carry a team single handed. I'm still not sure they will make the playoffs but right now they are making me look like I know nothing about hockey!

Leave a comment:

• TonyD
    replied
    Originally posted by Tjay View Post

I can't wait for the Leafs to face the same problem.
    And that will come, for sure

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied

Pens are in a world of hurt right now. They only have 10 forwards and can't bring anyone up because they are against the Cap. The way I see it they have 3 outs. One you put either Malkin or Bjugstad on LTIR but if they do that then they are there for 10 games minimum. They expect Bjugstad back before Malkin so that would have to be Malkin. Two put Jack Johnson on waivers and if he clears then that will give them around 1 million in Cap relief. Then they could bring up some scrub forward. Three they are carrying 8 dmen. Might have to put one down on waivers. Then once again be able to bring some scrub up. I guess there is a four and that would be a trade.

Pens have painted themselves in to a corner. No way this team makes the playoffs. I could care less about their 7-2 win.
    Like the Hawks it was worth it but still nice to see them in this position.

Leave a comment:

• Tjay
    replied

Pens are in a world of hurt right now. They only have 10 forwards and can't bring anyone up because they are against the Cap. The way I see it they have 3 outs. One you put either Malkin or Bjugstad on LTIR but if they do that then they are there for 10 games minimum. They expect Bjugstad back before Malkin so that would have to be Malkin. Two put Jack Johnson on waivers and if he clears then that will give them around 1 million in Cap relief. Then they could bring up some scrub forward. Three they are carrying 8 dmen. Might have to put one down on waivers. Then once again be able to bring some scrub up. I guess there is a four and that would be a trade.

Pens have painted themselves in to a corner. No way this team makes the playoffs. I could care less about their 7-2 win.
    I can't wait for the Leafs to face the same problem.

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    https://twitter.com/penguins/status/1181250567928242176

Coach Sullivan says both Evgeni Malkin and Nick Bjugstad will be out longer-term with lower-body injuries.
    https://twitter.com/penguins/status/1181251889352101890

Coach Sullivan on Bjugstad and Malkin: "We would expect Geno to be out a little bit longer than Nick." Follow up from media: "Is Malkin's injury season threatening?" Coach Sullivan: "No."

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

I have a feeling Chicago is going to have a rebound year, but I agree with Pitt. I also think Washington is going to drop off this year too
    Yes they can bounce back but they have been out of contention for a few years so this is almost like a new version. Just pointing out the era of 8 Cups by 3 teams in 8 years is over.

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog
    replied
    This team is not making the playoffs this year which will officially bring an end to the Chicago, Pittsburgh, LA era
    I have a feeling Chicago is going to have a rebound year, but I agree with Pitt. I also think Washington is going to drop off this year too

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyD View Post

I do agree... but that said, the Sabres are going to be a tough team this year too...
    Oh it is going to be tough. Just saying there will be a changing of the guard. It is time for the Pens to feel some pain.

Leave a comment:

• TonyD
    replied
    This team is not making the playoffs this year which will officially bring an end to the Chicago, Pittsburgh, LA era
    I do agree... but that said, the Sabres are going to be a tough team this year too...

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    Originally posted by ISLESfan17202 View Post
    Don’t know if this belongs here, but for anyone interested, the NHL Network has game one with the Pens and the Isles, first round game from April 10th. 8:00 to 10:00 tonight.
    I have the first 2 games we played against Toronto on my PVR so if I get the itch that will be my go to games for the Summer lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X