X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA Parenteau

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...48999602266112

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday
    #Isles have signed PA Parenteau to a one-year, $1.25 million deal.
    Cheap signing, he can help on the PP and in the shootout.

But.....I was hoping for more, I hope this is not it.
    “Individual players win games, but teams win championships"

https://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie/sta...54111364173824

Larry Brooks‏@NYP_Brooksie
    Parenteau signing by NYI one of the best of FA season. May not be able to win a race but can score in a league where scoring is at premium

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

Agree. Will need him for shootout but should not be the only top line option.

Comment

I hated him 4 years ago. Since then he has been bought out and moved around like a 2 dollar whore.

Comment

Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
          I hated him 4 years ago. Since then he has been bought out and moved around like a 2 dollar whore.
          For depth, it's fine, but this is not the ultimate answer to top line RW.

Comment

Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
            This is key to remember. This is a "holy ****, we have Josh Bailey at RW and no one else!" signing. That said, PAP with give us some offense.
            The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

I really like this move and actually thought it should have been made last year for the playoff run. We know what PA brings to the table but the one thing I also like he is very Cal Clutterbuck when it comes to getting under the skin of the opponent. I like his fiesty style and it is always nice to have a player who can carry the puck over the blueline. We know he and JT have chemistry and he helps the PP and shoot out. Good move overall.

Welcome back PA. Now sit PA in a stall beside JT so that he can thank JT over and over for the 16 million that he made
              THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post

For depth, it's fine, but this is not the ultimate answer to top line RW.
                Don't be surprised when it happens. Your choices as of now are Bailey and PAP. I'll take PAP over Bailey any day.

Comment

Originally posted by FranzyFan View Post

Don't be surprised when it happens. Your choices as of now are Bailey and PAP. I'll take PAP over Bailey any day.
                  That is sadly as no-brainer a choice as there is.
                  The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

The optimist in me says we have another move up our sleeves that will surprise all of is....but the realist in me says, this was that big move. lol

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post
                      I really like this move and actually thought it should have been made last year for the playoff run. We know what PA brings to the table but the one thing I also like he is very Cal Clutterbuck when it comes to getting under the skin of the opponent. I like his fiesty style and it is always nice to have a player who can carry the puck over the blueline. We know he and JT have chemistry and he helps the PP and shoot out. Good move overall.

Welcome back PA. Now sit PA in a stall beside JT so that he can thank JT over and over for the 16 million that he made
                      Lets not forget that he loved scoring against the Rag$ always a plus in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

He wasn't good enough to get for last years playoff push, but now good enough to be JT'S RW ? Whats next next fisherman Jersey's in Black for special Sunday games?

Comment

Originally posted by 31GOALIE31 View Post

He wasn't good enough to get for last years playoff push, but now good enough to be JT'S RW ? Whats next next fisherman Jersey's in Black for special Sunday games?
                          Asking price from Toronto could have been too high. Would you trade a prospect for him? I could have seen trading the third rd pick, but I doubt the Leafs do it.

Comment

Asking price from Toronto could have been too high. Would you trade a prospect for him? I could have seen trading the third rd pick, but I doubt the Leafs do it.
                            You're messing with The Positive One's narrative. That could be dangerous!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ndh41 View Post

The optimist in me says we have another move up our sleeves that will surprise all of is....but the realist in me says, this was that big move. lol
                              At the very least it gives Garth depth and flexibility if he decides to include someone like Nelson in a bigger trade. Which I hope comes.

Comment

Working...
                              X