No announcement yet.

David Quenneville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took a couple of days to finalize, apparently, but the Islanders and David Quenneville have a deal. Ryan McCracken of the Medicine Hat News reported the done deal and that Quenneville will be coming here tomorrow. (Saturday)
    Headed to Bridgeport
    https://blog.ctnews.com/fornabaio/20...neville-signs/
    "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay View Post
      Okay now that we signed him can we send him to Bridgeport?
      Yes but will they?
      THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Well I guess that answers my question lol

Comment

“I’ve been training here the last couple of years with my brothers and it’s just been really good,” he said. “Me and Johnny Boychuk work out together, we skate together, so it’s great having him around. Just being able to kind of enjoy the summer but at the same time put the work in and hopefully get ready for a season together one day.”

Quenneville says he was thrilled to close out his season in Bridgeport and measure himself against the next stage of competition.

“I think that was huge. Obviously coming off kind of a disappointing playoffs for our team after we had a lot of injuries through that first round, going to Bridgeport was great for me — to get a good taste of the pro game and start to understand what I need to improve on from a player’s standpoint on the ice.”

Quenneville is set to depart for Islanders camp in New York at the end of the month.
          https://medicinehatnews.com/sports/l...st-pro-season/

Comment

I lived in Medicine Hat for a couple of years...............Go Tigers!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post

I lived in Medicine Hat for a couple of years...............Go Tigers!!!!!!
              I'd love to move north of the border but my wife will never agree to it.

Comment

I'd love to move north of the border but my wife will never agree to it.
                The Summers are too hot up here you wouldn't like it

Comment

this kid is really going to push the pace of play in b'port

Comment

Originally posted by Isles72 View Post
                    this kid is really going to push the pace of play in b'port
                    Today's NHL.
                    "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

https://theathletic.com/466552/2018/...top-prospects/

David Quenneville went 200th overall in 2016, another late pick with something to prove. He did a decent job of that last season in Medicine Hat in the WHL, leading all defensemen in the high-scoring league at 26-54-80 in 70 games.

“It definitely motivates me,” Quenneville said. “There were a lot of players I thought I was better than who went a lot higher than me and sometimes that’s frustrating. But I got drafted by the Islanders, it’s a great place to be, the chance to play against my brother one day in the same area would be amazing. At the same time, it helps you look in the mirror and you realize you have deficiencies and you have to develop your game.”

Quenneville is 5-foot-8 and a solid 193 pounds, so he’s not built like a prototype defenseman. He’ll be part of a young group in Bridgeport this season that will all be fighting to be noticed.

"There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

Haven't seen this kid a lot but he reminds me a lot of Spurgeon. So I have hope for him.

Comment

[email protected]@MHNMcCracken David Quenneville knows the road to professional hockey is a ladder — and with his first professional season in the books, the former Medicine Hat Tigers defenceman is eying the next rung. Quenneville closed out his rookie season as a member of the ECHL’s Worcester Railers with five goals and 16 assists in 55

Comment

Working...
                          X