Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Quenneville

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • David Quenneville

    With pick No. 200, #Isles select D David Quenneville from Medicine Hat (WHL).
    https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...56209802362880

    Quenneville was 14-41-55 in WHL last season and was top-scoring defenseman at World U-18s. Only 5-foot-8, but high-end scorer.
    https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/sta...56699894190080

  • #2
    Any one know if there is any connection
    THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

    Comment


    • #3
      According to NBCSports, they are 2nd cousins.

      Comment


      • #4
        I saw a tweet that the Islanders got Quenneville. My heart skipped a beat, I started shaking, my first thought was to take my wife upstairs. Unfortunately, I found out the meaning before we made it upstairs.
        "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

        Comment


        • #5
          http://medicinehatnews.com/sports/lo...on-his-way-up/

          Quenneville on his way up

          Medicine Hat Tigers defenceman David Quenneville waited all the way until the 200th pick to hear his name called at the 2016 NHL entry draft. While he was among the final 12 players to be selected by a big league club, the next day he was bound for New York with the Islanders.

          The frenetic pace of Quenneville’s off-season never really slowed down — from competing with Team Canada at the IIHF under-18 world championship in North Dakota to mingling with the Isles elite and of course lacing them back up with the Tigers at fall camp. But the summer sure ended in fitting fashion on Tuesday when Quenneville threw on the Islanders’ blue and orange and took to the ice at Madison Square Garden for a pre-season game against the New York Rangers.

          “You say those words and I think anyone in the world knows where you’re talking about. To play my first exhibition game there was really special,” said Quenneville, who was released by the Islanders earlier this week and will start for the Tigers tomorrow when they host the Saskatoon Blades at 7:30 p.m.. “It was unreal.”
          "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

          Comment


          • #6
            I every time this thread gets a bump, I see the name Quenneville and my immediate reaction is that Garth got Joel Quenneville to coach the team! Every damn time.
            "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Tjay View Post
              I every time this thread gets a bump, I see the name Quenneville and my immediate reaction is that Garth got Joel Quenneville to coach the team! Every damn time.
              Ya that is not happening so just get it out of your mind lol
              THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

              Comment


              • #8
                Follow
                Craig ButtonVerified account‏@CraigJButton
                Hey @NYIslanders fans. In @TheWHL action @tigershockey @Dquenneville19 has in 6-3 win vs. Red Deer. Hope family brought hats from home!
                https://twitter.com/CraigJButton/sta...08142512549888
                "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

                Comment


                • #9
                  "It might sound like extreme confidence but I work real hard in the off-season," Quenneville said. "Having Pete and John in the off-season at home, we work real hard together on a lot of things. My specialty is a one-timer and I work on that daily. For me, it’s no surprise. I know that I’m a really good player. I may be small in stature, but I can move the puck, I can play with a little grit and I can shoot the puck." http://www.brandonsun.com/sports/whe...403700306.html
                  David is 20-26-46 in 36 games tied for 10th in the league and leads all defensemen in scoring. Pretty good for the 200th overall pick.
                  "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Tjay View Post
                    David is 20-26-46 in 36 games tied for 10th in the league and leads all defensemen in scoring. Pretty good for the 200th overall pick.
                    It sure would be nice to have 200th pick turn in to one of those fluke Lunquist, Robataille or Lidstrome kind of picks!
                    THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by TK27 View Post

                      It sure would be nice to have 200th pick turn in to one of those fluke Lunquist, Robataille or Lidstrome kind of picks!
                      Snow already gave up on one of those in Spurgeon (6th rd but still). Not at the level of those three but not far off.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Tjay View Post
                        David is 20-26-46 in 36 games tied for 10th in the league and leads all defensemen in scoring. Pretty good for the 200th overall pick.
                        The point he makes about the speed his team plays with means he'll be trash if Fred is still here when he makes the team.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by FranzyFan View Post

                          The point he makes about the speed his team plays with means he'll be trash if Fred is still here when he makes the team.
                          And his specialty is the one timer, LOL. Jack never incorporates the one timer into his so called system.
                          "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by FranzyFan View Post

                            Snow already gave up on one of those in Spurgeon (6th rd but still). Not at the level of those three but not far off.
                            From what I remember, Snow offered Spurgeon an AHL deal, with the chance to earn an entry level NHL deal, and he was considering accepting it, when the Wild stepped up and offered an entry level NHL contract.

                            So I don't think it's fair to say Snow gave up on him. And anyway, I think you're overrating him anyway.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Dom View Post

                              From what I remember, Snow offered Spurgeon an AHL deal, with the chance to earn an entry level NHL deal, and he was considering accepting it, when the Wild stepped up and offered an entry level NHL contract.

                              So I don't think it's fair to say Snow gave up on him. And anyway, I think you're overrating him anyway.
                              That's not what what 31G said. I never thought they offered him anything. And yes, I was a little hyperbolic but the guy has good skills and is a top pairing d-man on Minny, a good defensive team. I think he qualifies as a late round diamond.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X