Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaszycki's Krew
    replied
    The Vegas Golden Knights want what the Blues have — and they don’t plan on waiting 50 years to get it.

Leave a comment:

• Kaszycki's Krew
    replied
    LAS VEGAS — Forward Jack Eichel said Monday he is relieved the blockbuster trade that sent him from the Buffalo Sabres to the Vegas Golden Knights is behind h

Leave a comment:

• Kaszycki's Krew
    replied
    Trending News & Rumors for Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer & More

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    Originally posted by mw147 View Post
    I don't watch a lot of western conference games, and watched almost none last season. But is this lineup better than ours? I'm not seeing it, but a lot of the pundits are picking them to be better than us.

https://twitter.com/SinBinVegas/stat...79446439346176
    No they are not.

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog
    replied
    Originally posted by mw147 View Post
    I don't watch a lot of western conference games, and watched almost none last season. But is this lineup better than ours? I'm not seeing it, but a lot of the pundits are picking them to be better than us.

Nope. We are better.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied

Thus, this is a guess at the lines today (definitely wouldn't say this is confirmed)
    Pacioretty-Stephenson-Stone
    Marchessault-Karlsson-Smith
    Krebs-Patrick-Dadonov
    Dorofeyev-Kolesar-Coghlan
    Martinez-Pietrangelo
    McNabb-Theodore
    Hague-Whitecloud
    Lehner
    Brossoit

Leave a comment:

• Kaszycki's Krew
    replied
    The Golden Knights and NHL hope the pandemic’s impact on this season will be smaller than the previous two. But there are still a lot of unknowns as training camps open this week.

Leave a comment:

• Kaszycki's Krew
    replied
    From fan favorites returning to holiday games and rivalries renewed, the Golden Knights’ fifth season should have something for everyone, including an Olympic break.

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    First team to clinch.

Leave a comment:

• Kaszycki's Krew
    replied
    At the season’s halfway point, Mark Stone and Marc-Andre Fleury are among several Knights in contention for end-of-season awards.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    And we think we have cap issues!

https://twitter.com/PuckPedia/status...56841596551168

The #VegasBorn opening roster includes 20 Players & unique 13F/5D/2G. This roster is $227K Projected Under the Cap. If player is injured & they play 1 game w/ <20 (or 0 games if out due to COVID), can Emerg Recall player w/ Cap Hit <$1M & exceed cap.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/st...43132945887233

CONGRATULATIONS to Mark Stone on being named the first captain in Vegas Golden Knights history!!!!

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaszycki's Krew View Post
    This may be the best arena we have ever been to. The locals have *embraced* this team and it is a home run for the NHL.
    we had other commitments on Saturday so we could not arrange to be there for the Isles game.

Some massive home court advantages for Vegas:

* First pro sports team in the market
    * Weather year round = can create a game day experience outside the arena that is just awesome
    * If the team sucks - the visting team fans can lap up the excess tix
    * Brand new building that seems very inviting - I sat in Section 18 - but my incomplete eval is that the seats up top seemed closer to ice than say Chicago or LA buildings which are HUGE

If Malkin and Ledecky are building a building like this - that could be a great thing for us.

A beer was 16 bucks.

the food choices inside and outside the building is not rivaled

There was a pep rally in front with great looking cheer squad and a DJ (Vegas!) and it whipped up the crowd. Inside - they have a ton of cheerleaders and rally squads and that marching band. The pre-game entertainment is pure Vegas. It would be so attractive to casual fans - without pissing off all but the holier - than - thou Original Six fan

Sight lines were terrific

Music was 3x as loud as most buildings ( could be a negative)

Announcer was annoying with regard to announcing goals super loud and the "NE ENERGY POWER PLAY" during play which I could tell - distracted the Caps.

They have a DJ in the "Tower" who runs the show and all that.

The game is the game. Once the puck drops - it's up to the players to play well.

we thought it was one of the best games I have been to in a while - and I get to go to a lot of good games.

we heard that the Caps suffered from Vegas flu. The fans were real nice - we sat with Vegas season ticket holders. One works for the gaming industry and said the Caps lit it up the night before - says that some of the teams just let them go - figuring that it's just one game - but some teams stay in Henderson or some other place to avoid the Strip.

we were helping another fan plan her trip to see a few NHL games - she is new to Hockey but said she has attended every game the past two years and we invited her to the Coliseum next year with her husband as- they asked " What are the old historic buildings" to see before they go. we told them - that functionally there are none left besides Nassau. Isn't like Anaheim or Colorado the oldest building now?

They had about 10 % of the crowd as Caps fans - partly because it's hard to get tix - but a lot traveled to see Ovi get 700

Our recommendation - get to a game in Vegas if you can. Great experience.
    Great report. I enjoyed reading it. Funny you mentioned the PA guy. Last game I noticed he talked for a full 20 seconds in to the PP just to tell the fans the Knights were on a PP. The NHL should put a stop to that.

Leave a comment:

• Kaszycki's Krew
    replied
    This may be the best arena we have ever been to. The locals have *embraced* this team and it is a home run for the NHL.
    we had other commitments on Saturday so we could not arrange to be there for the Isles game.

Some massive home court advantages for Vegas:

* First pro sports team in the market
    * Weather year round = can create a game day experience outside the arena that is just awesome
    * If the team sucks - the visting team fans can lap up the excess tix
    * Brand new building that seems very inviting - I sat in Section 18 - but my incomplete eval is that the seats up top seemed closer to ice than say Chicago or LA buildings which are HUGE

If Malkin and Ledecky are building a building like this - that could be a great thing for us.

A beer was 16 bucks.

the food choices inside and outside the building is not rivaled

There was a pep rally in front with great looking cheer squad and a DJ (Vegas!) and it whipped up the crowd. Inside - they have a ton of cheerleaders and rally squads and that marching band. The pre-game entertainment is pure Vegas. It would be so attractive to casual fans - without pissing off all but the holier - than - thou Original Six fan

Sight lines were terrific

Music was 3x as loud as most buildings ( could be a negative)

Announcer was annoying with regard to announcing goals super loud and the "NE ENERGY POWER PLAY" during play which I could tell - distracted the Caps.

They have a DJ in the "Tower" who runs the show and all that.

The game is the game. Once the puck drops - it's up to the players to play well.

we thought it was one of the best games I have been to in a while - and I get to go to a lot of good games.

we heard that the Caps suffered from Vegas flu. The fans were real nice - we sat with Vegas season ticket holders. One works for the gaming industry and said the Caps lit it up the night before - says that some of the teams just let them go - figuring that it's just one game - but some teams stay in Henderson or some other place to avoid the Strip.

we were helping another fan plan her trip to see a few NHL games - she is new to Hockey but said she has attended every game the past two years and we invited her to the Coliseum next year with her husband as- they asked " What are the old historic buildings" to see before they go. we told them - that functionally there are none left besides Nassau. Isn't like Anaheim or Colorado the oldest building now?

They had about 10 % of the crowd as Caps fans - partly because it's hard to get tix - but a lot traveled to see Ovi get 700

Our recommendation - get to a game in Vegas if you can. Great experience.

Leave a comment:

• Kaszycki's Krew
    replied
    Want to know the latest on what’s going on with the Golden Knights’ new AHL franchise? Here’s some answers to key questions.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X