X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TK27
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaszycki's Krew View Post
    This may be the best arena we have ever been to. The locals have *embraced* this team and it is a home run for the NHL.
    we had other commitments on Saturday so we could not arrange to be there for the Isles game.

Some massive home court advantages for Vegas:

* First pro sports team in the market
    * Weather year round = can create a game day experience outside the arena that is just awesome
    * If the team sucks - the visting team fans can lap up the excess tix
    * Brand new building that seems very inviting - I sat in Section 18 - but my incomplete eval is that the seats up top seemed closer to ice than say Chicago or LA buildings which are HUGE

If Malkin and Ledecky are building a building like this - that could be a great thing for us.

A beer was 16 bucks.

the food choices inside and outside the building is not rivaled

There was a pep rally in front with great looking cheer squad and a DJ (Vegas!) and it whipped up the crowd. Inside - they have a ton of cheerleaders and rally squads and that marching band. The pre-game entertainment is pure Vegas. It would be so attractive to casual fans - without pissing off all but the holier - than - thou Original Six fan

Sight lines were terrific

Music was 3x as loud as most buildings ( could be a negative)

Announcer was annoying with regard to announcing goals super loud and the "NE ENERGY POWER PLAY" during play which I could tell - distracted the Caps.

They have a DJ in the "Tower" who runs the show and all that.

The game is the game. Once the puck drops - it's up to the players to play well.

we thought it was one of the best games I have been to in a while - and I get to go to a lot of good games.

we heard that the Caps suffered from Vegas flu. The fans were real nice - we sat with Vegas season ticket holders. One works for the gaming industry and said the Caps lit it up the night before - says that some of the teams just let them go - figuring that it's just one game - but some teams stay in Henderson or some other place to avoid the Strip.

we were helping another fan plan her trip to see a few NHL games - she is new to Hockey but said she has attended every game the past two years and we invited her to the Coliseum next year with her husband as- they asked " What are the old historic buildings" to see before they go. we told them - that functionally there are none left besides Nassau. Isn't like Anaheim or Colorado the oldest building now?

They had about 10 % of the crowd as Caps fans - partly because it's hard to get tix - but a lot traveled to see Ovi get 700

Our recommendation - get to a game in Vegas if you can. Great experience.
    Great report. I enjoyed reading it. Funny you mentioned the PA guy. Last game I noticed he talked for a full 20 seconds in to the PP just to tell the fans the Knights were on a PP. The NHL should put a stop to that.

Leave a comment:

• Kaszycki's Krew
    replied
    This may be the best arena we have ever been to. The locals have *embraced* this team and it is a home run for the NHL.
    we had other commitments on Saturday so we could not arrange to be there for the Isles game.

Some massive home court advantages for Vegas:

* First pro sports team in the market
    * Weather year round = can create a game day experience outside the arena that is just awesome
    * If the team sucks - the visting team fans can lap up the excess tix
    * Brand new building that seems very inviting - I sat in Section 18 - but my incomplete eval is that the seats up top seemed closer to ice than say Chicago or LA buildings which are HUGE

If Malkin and Ledecky are building a building like this - that could be a great thing for us.

A beer was 16 bucks.

the food choices inside and outside the building is not rivaled

There was a pep rally in front with great looking cheer squad and a DJ (Vegas!) and it whipped up the crowd. Inside - they have a ton of cheerleaders and rally squads and that marching band. The pre-game entertainment is pure Vegas. It would be so attractive to casual fans - without pissing off all but the holier - than - thou Original Six fan

Sight lines were terrific

Music was 3x as loud as most buildings ( could be a negative)

Announcer was annoying with regard to announcing goals super loud and the "NE ENERGY POWER PLAY" during play which I could tell - distracted the Caps.

They have a DJ in the "Tower" who runs the show and all that.

The game is the game. Once the puck drops - it's up to the players to play well.

we thought it was one of the best games I have been to in a while - and I get to go to a lot of good games.

we heard that the Caps suffered from Vegas flu. The fans were real nice - we sat with Vegas season ticket holders. One works for the gaming industry and said the Caps lit it up the night before - says that some of the teams just let them go - figuring that it's just one game - but some teams stay in Henderson or some other place to avoid the Strip.

we were helping another fan plan her trip to see a few NHL games - she is new to Hockey but said she has attended every game the past two years and we invited her to the Coliseum next year with her husband as- they asked " What are the old historic buildings" to see before they go. we told them - that functionally there are none left besides Nassau. Isn't like Anaheim or Colorado the oldest building now?

They had about 10 % of the crowd as Caps fans - partly because it's hard to get tix - but a lot traveled to see Ovi get 700

Our recommendation - get to a game in Vegas if you can. Great experience.

Leave a comment:

• Kaszycki's Krew
    replied
    Want to know the latest on what’s going on with the Golden Knights’ new AHL franchise? Here’s some answers to key questions.

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyD View Post

What happened over there in Vegas? It has the entire NHL upside down, everyone talking about it and not agreeing with it.
    I would guess based on the pattern that it is one of 2 things: 1) He berated his players to unacceptable levels and a whistleblower came out or 2) He has some type of addiction issue.

But this is bizarre! Totally agree TD

Leave a comment:

• TonyD
    replied
    Originally posted by mw147 View Post
    What happened over there in Vegas? It has the entire NHL upside down, everyone talking about it and not agreeing with it.

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog
    replied
    Originally posted by mw147 View Post
    What on Earth is going on this year with coaches???

Gallant was a tremendous coach for them. I wonder what issues he got into.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    WOW! Did not see this coming!!

https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/st...70677739102208

NEWS The Golden Knights have made the following coaching changes:
    Gerard Gallant & Mike Kelly have been relieved of their coaching duties
    Peter DeBoer has been named head coach

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaszycki's Krew View Post
    Karlsson - 8 years - AAV is slightly less than $ 6 MM per is DONE - source - Pierre LeBrun - Twitter
    Good deal for Vegas.

Leave a comment:

• Kaszycki's Krew
    replied
    That's William Karlsson of course !

Leave a comment:

• Kaszycki's Krew
    replied
    Karlsson - 8 years - AAV is slightly less than $ 6 MM per is DONE - source - Pierre LeBrun - Twitter

Leave a comment:

• Kaszycki's Krew
    replied
    Golden Knights defenseman Colin Miller, who struggled through injuries and multiple stints in coach Gerard Gallant’s doghouse this past season, is on the trading block, according to multiple reports.

Leave a comment:

• Tjay
    replied
    Originally posted by TK27 View Post
    Am I the only one here who is enjoying seeing this team struggle?
    I'm only interested in watching one team struggle this year.

Leave a comment:

• Bossy573
    replied
    It doesn't hurt.......

Leave a comment:

• TonyD
    replied
    Enjoying it? I don't think I could care about strongly about Vegas. It was an interesting year for them last year and a nice story at that BUT just about everyone knew that it was all hype that propelled them and a repeat was going to be a tough task, so I am not surprised.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    I can't say I am enjoying it, but I get why you are. There is some justice here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X