Vegas Golden Knights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaszycki's Krew View Post
    Very interesting read........wonder if any comparisons as to decisions made to dress certain NYI players can be made by someone smarter than me ???

Well I learned something new I didn't know every team has to have 1 dman with at least 40 games played this year exposed. Pretty Cdh will be our guy. I sure hope this team is smart enough to protect Pulock. I'm back to being scared what management will do to our future team.

They have screwed up the current version but it is still salvageable with no CRAZY moves. Oh and I don't want RNH. Would rather have Eberle who is a better player!
    THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Taxing story - old USA Today story recaps it. Emoji Time !

Accountants face daunting task with many states, cities taxing visiting athletes.

Comment

I just realized even though we are last in the league the Golden Knights will most likely end up with the first pick in the draft. Leave it to Snow to completely tank during an expansion year. We'll suffer the same fate with another expansion team coming in next season if current management stays in place.
        "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post

Well I learned something new I didn't know every team has to have 1 dman with at least 40 games played this year exposed. Pretty Cdh will be our guy. I sure hope this team is smart enough to protect Pulock. I'm back to being scared what management will do to our future team.

They have screwed up the current version but it is still salvageable with no CRAZY moves. Oh and I don't want RNH. Would rather have Eberle who is a better player!
          I think he'll be protected, I can't imagine he won't be...Any rules to back door deals? For example, could the Knights select DeHaan and then give him right back to us for our 2nd round pick?

Comment

Originally posted by Kaszycki's Krew View Post
            Taxing story - old USA Today story recaps it. Emoji Time !

That was interesting.
            Professional athletes must file returns for many of the states and some of the cities where they play, a levy commonly known as the jock tax. "I had a guy who played for four teams in 2014," Packard says. "That return was nuts." http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...etes/25742385/

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay View Post
              I just realized even though we are last in the league the Golden Knights will most likely end up with the first pick in the draft. Leave it to Snow to completely tank during an expansion year. We'll suffer the same fate with another expansion team coming in next season if current management stays in place.
              Just came across this:
              The Las Vegas franchise will be given the same odds in the 2017 NHL Draft Lottery as the team finishing with the third-fewest points during the 2016-17 regular season. https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-expansi...es/c-281010592
              Answered my own question

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay View Post

I think he'll be protected, I can't imagine he won't be...Any rules to back door deals? For example, could the Knights select DeHaan and then give him right back to us for our 2nd round pick?
                There are all kinds of different deals that can be made with the expansion guys. Just need to be creative.

Comment

The Vegas Golden Knights could be players on TradeCentre 2017. Golden Knights GM George McPhee will be permitted to execute trades and transactions ahead of the March 1 trade deadline, so long as owner Bill Foley satisfies the requirements to officially make Las Vegas as home of the NHL’s 31st franchise in the days prior.

Comment

This is the reason I haven't been going crazy over all of this. Trade this guy so we can protect that guy blah blah. For all we know George and Garth have already worked out a deal. For all we know George said how can I help ya Garth. Could you take Halak? He will only have 1 year? Sure thanks for helping me get this gig in Vegas.

I can dream right?

Comment

http://thehockeywriters.com/vegas-go...ampaign=buffer

Vegas Owner Reveals Expansion Draft Strategy
                      Love mock drafts? The Vegas Golden Knights should be your new favorite team.

As the season progresses, fans of the Golden Knights and other NHL franchises are treated to the opportunity to discuss who will be protected by their current club and who will be relocating to southern Nevada. Some, like the Chicago Blackhawks, have most of the guesswork taken care of courtesy of an abundance of no-movement contract clauses. Others, like the Anaheim Ducks, will almost certainly lose a quality player unless a move is made at the trade deadline. Predictions as to what will happen change daily, and for fans, it’s endlessly debatable.
                      Vegas Won’t Rely on Analytics

On Monday, Golden Knights owner Bill Foley joined Brian Blessing on the Vegas Hockey Hotline to pull back the curtain and reveal some details of the evaluation system his team is utilizing to ready themselves for the offseason’s expansion draft.

“We also have six different criteria that we measure all the guys on. There’s actually ten criteria but there are six primary criteria that we measure one through nine, and they’re all rated. The ratings are basically updated daily as people are watching guys play.”

“The grade is put in and it’s actually updated daily as they watch the games and they’re ranked one through nine, one being the weakest nine being the best, and the best guys are six, seven, eight, nine all the way through, all these different categories.”

Fans of analytics should take note, Foley and his team will not be solely relying on advanced statistics, and view the more contemporary method of evaluation as a compliment to the work being done by Golden Knights scouts.

“Analytics is not going to drive how we draft. Analytics are going to supplement what the scouts are seeing. We’re going to rely on the scouts and what they recommend.”
                      Analytics is not going to drive how we draft? What????
                      "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...88525498916864

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Would appear Gallant may have been MTL Plan B after Julien. BTW, Gallant and Jack Capuano top contenders for expansion VGK head coach job.
                        LOLOLOL!!! Jack Capuano!!!!!! Because he is so good with young players?????

Comment

http://thehockeywriters.com/golden-k...24-hour-party/

Golden Knights to Host 24-Hour Party

Here in Las Vegas, we’re 24-hour people. Everything is open all the time. If it’s closed, it’s not something you need anyway. Or it’s Chick-fil-A on a Sunday. The Vegas Golden Knights are embracing the round-the-clock lifestyle that is synonymous with Las Vegas.

The NHL’s newest franchise will be going all day and all night next week when they hold a 24-hour event for season ticket holders and prospective season ticket holders alike. If you don’t fall in either one of those categories, perhaps you just want to see what an NHL arena looks like at 3:30 in the morning. The party at T-Mobile Arena on the Las Vegas Strip will kick off at 8 am on Tuesday, Feb. 21 and will conclude 8 am the following day.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ehornick/status/836019739155640320

Intereesting comment from @GoldenKnights pro scout David Conte (on MSG Radio): could end up w 7 goalies thru expansion draft (use as assets)

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post
                              https://twitter.com/ehornick/status/836019739155640320

Intereesting comment from @GoldenKnights pro scout David Conte (on MSG Radio): could end up w 7 goalies thru expansion draft (use as assets)
                              This is incredibly idiotic considering how awful the goalie market tends to be. If they are really going to use that strategy, they could easily set themselves up for a decent run of failure in their first few seasons. Or maybe they are looking at the next two drafts after this years and hoping to score a couple of #1 picks.

Comment

Reid Duke, come get the Stanley Cup!!!

https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/st...29499936468992

The Golden Knights have made the first player transaction in team history & signed forward Reid Duke. More: http://atnhl.com/2lOUM9a

Comment

Working...
                                X