• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mw147 View Post
    https://twitter.com/VegasHockeyNHL/s...38538671276032

Now all they need is a team name.

Or maybe they don't??
    Probably another Toronto. Always sold out but with huge blocks of empty corporate seats
    THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

https://twitter.com/CraigCustance/st...76378301915136

Bill Foley said the unveiling of the Las Vegas NHL expansion team's name, logo and colors being pushed back to early November.
      "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post
        https://twitter.com/CraigCustance/st...76378301915136

Bill Foley said the unveiling of the Las Vegas NHL expansion team's name, logo and colors being pushed back to early November.
        If they are Black Knights I'm guessing a version of the old Kings Black and Silver jerseys

Comment

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/ar...r-mid-November

Las Vegas’ official announcement of name, logo and colors set for mid-November

The wait is almost over for the identity of the NHL’s newest team to be revealed, as the Las Vegas franchise is set to debut their name, logo and colors outside of the T-Mobile Arena on Nov. 18.

The speculation about what the Las Vegas franchise will be named — and what the team will look like — has gone on since the day the NHL awarded the city with a team, but the wait for the identity of the league’s newest member is almost over.

According to University of Las Vegas play-by-play man Dana Lane, a ceremony has been set for Nov. 18 at Las Vegas’ Toshiba Plaza, which is situated just outside the doors of T-Mobile Arena, the future home of Las Vegas’ NHL franchise.
          With the way speculation has gone surrounding the name, it seems unlikely that anyone other than high-level members of the franchise will have a firm idea of what the team will be known as until days before the announcement, at the earliest. Names such as Nighthawks, Desert Knights, Silver Knights and Golden Knights have been among those floated as possibilities, but Las Vegas owner Bill Foley has confirmed the moniker will be one of the Knights-associated names and he said the name had been decided on in early September.

Comment

Hey all - wasn't sure if to put this in the Goalie thread - the LV team thread or if there was a separate thread for the expansion draft.

But my question broaches all three categories -

Is the reason why Snow is hanging onto three goalies ( perhaps 2 as Greiss is UFA and Berube might be) is that he is hoping LV picks Halak in the expansion draft ?

Comment

https://twitter.com/VegasHockeyNHL/s...50275881320448

Vegas Golden Knights ‏@VegasHockeyNHL
              OFFICIAL: We are now YOUR Vegas Golden Knights. #BoldInGold

Comment

I like the crest

Comment

NHL hockey in Las Vegas. What could possibly go wrong?
                  The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaszycki's Krew View Post
                    Hey all - wasn't sure if to put this in the Goalie thread - the LV team thread or if there was a separate thread for the expansion draft.

But my question broaches all three categories -

Is the reason why Snow is hanging onto three goalies ( perhaps 2 as Greiss is UFA and Berube might be) is that he is hoping LV picks Halak in the expansion draft ?
                    It's hard to say, Snow is proving to be a strange character. He likes Berube, obviously. I feel bad for Berube having to sit for the better part of two seasons. I think if LV takes Halak, we resign Greiss and Berube, if not, then Snow will let Greiss leave via UFA and it'll be Halak and Berube.
                    "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

It just dawned on my Vegas has no tax. It would seems the NHL really needs a system to pro rate individual Caps due to State, Province or Countries tax system. Example low tax places would have a lower cap. Say cap is 73 now Vegas might get 65. I'm sure there are some math genius's out there would be able to pro rate every team against a 73 million cap hit. It just seems a little unfair to teams in bad tax places.

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post
                        It just dawned on my Vegas has no tax. It would seems the NHL really needs a system to pro rate individual Caps due to State, Province or Countries tax system. Example low tax places would have a lower cap. Say cap is 73 now Vegas might get 65. I'm sure there are some math genius's out there would be able to pro rate every team against a 73 million cap hit. It just seems a little unfair to teams in bad tax places.
                        That would level the playing field. I read an article about the benefits for Tampa resigning Stamkos because they have no state tax. So all things being equal Stamkos would make more playing in Tampa than he would NY if the dollar amount was the same. Once you go down that road though, what about the cost of living? One million is not a lot in NY but it'll buy you a mansion in the smaller markets.
                        "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

I could be wrong on the details, but my understanding is that the benefit of no state income tax is largely overstated.

I believe it only pertains to home games. Road games are taxed based on the whatever the taxes are in that state.
                          Last edited by Dom; 11-26-2016, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post
                            I could be wrong on the details, but my understanding is that the benefits of no state income tax is largely overstated.

I believe it only pertains to home games. Road games are taxed based on the whatever the taxes are in that state.
                            So they have to file a return in every state they play in? What about Canada? I have no idea but that doesn't sound right. When my company displays at a trade show and I work it I don't need to file in that state. That may not be a good analogy, but I wonder.

Comment

Very interesting read........wonder if any comparisons as to decisions made to dress certain NYI players can be made by someone smarter than me ???

Many people seem to think the Flyers are keeping Andrew MacDonald in the lineup because they have to for expansion draft purposes. Let’s take a look at that claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post
                                I could be wrong on the details, but my understanding is that the benefit of no state income tax is largely overstated.

Ya I'm no tax expert but I can't believe this is true.

Comment

Working...
                                X