X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dom
    replied
    Originally posted by mw147 View Post

I guess he is going back to Russia. He looked good in camp but Fasching and Holmstrom have been better.
    At this point, gaining a free contract slot is probably more valuable than whatever contributions he had to offer, even though we have 4 free slots already I think.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaszycki's Krew View Post
    Full waivers today: Sedlak clears and contract is terminated. Craig Smith (BOS), Czarnik (DET), Demers (EDM — just signed). Soshnikov (NYI) & Zhuravlyov (COL) on waivers for purposes of contract termination.​ Source - Elliotte Friedman
    I guess he is going back to Russia. He looked good in camp but Fasching and Holmstrom have been better.

Leave a comment:

• Kaszycki's Krew
    replied
    Full waivers today: Sedlak clears and contract is terminated. Craig Smith (BOS), Czarnik (DET), Demers (EDM — just signed). Soshnikov (NYI) & Zhuravlyov (COL) on waivers for purposes of contract termination.​ Source - Elliotte Friedman

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied

Regarding reports about Nikita Soshnikov potentially going back to the KHL, my understanding is that no decisions have been made yet and he's likely to play for Bridgeport this weekend

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    That is a long time to be sick, I hope he is OK.

Nikita Soshnikov hasn't played since November 23rd. Per Thompson, he is out with a non-COVID-related illness and doesn't have a timetable for his return to the lineup.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    Saving cap space for Patrick Kane!

Lou Lamoriello said he was fairly confident Nikita Soshnikov would clear waivers. Chance for him to play some games with Bridgeport (AHL). No corresponding move at this time so Isles will have a 22-man roster for now.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    Originally posted by Dom View Post

More cap space!
    PATRICK KANE!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Dom
    replied
    Cleared and sent to Bridgeport. He could use to play some games there.

More cap space!

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    Cleared and sent to Bridgeport. He could use to play some games there.

NHL → Minor Nikita Soshnikov (RW) | NYI

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

Bailey is not injured, because they would have just put him on IR to make room for someone to come up. Soshnikov could have said he wants to go back to Russia/KHL and the only way to do that would be to put him on unconditional waivers.

If they are bringing up someone, Bailey must really be in bad favor right now with Lambert.
    I was also wondering if he is going back to Russia. But neither Freidman nor CapFriendly said it was unconditional waivers. Unless they missed it.

This combined with Bailey sitting last night does make me wonder if something else is going on. Is a trade coming? These 2 moves could be unrelated but I am not a big believer in coincidence.

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog
    replied
    Will he clear? Probably?

But why? What else is going on?

Bailey is not injured, because they would have just put him on IR to make room for someone to come up. Soshnikov could have said he wants to go back to Russia/KHL and the only way to do that would be to put him on unconditional waivers.

If they are bringing up someone, Bailey must really be in bad favor right now with Lambert.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    Will he clear? Probably?

But why? What else is going on?

Soshnikov (NYI) on waivers

Leave a comment:

• Tjay
    replied

Looks like he played for the Leafs a few years ago.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...kita-soshnikov
    He’s a forward. That’s surprising. I didn’t think we needed another winger. But then again, Bailey is always expendable.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    Originally posted by Tjay View Post
    Who?
    Looks like he played for the Leafs a few years ago.

Eliteprospects.com hockey player profile of Nikita Soshnikov, 1993-10-14 Nizhny Tagil, RUS Russia. Most recently in the KHL with Traktor Chelyabinsk. Complete player biography and stats.

Leave a comment:

• Tjay
    replied
    Who?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X