Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Stanley Cup Finals; Tampa vs. Colorado; Colorado wins 4-2; CUP CHAMPS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gazaroog
    replied
    Originally posted by TK27 View Post

He had a 5 game career. Four games with the Isles and one with the Hawks.
    Interesting.

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog
    replied
    Originally posted by mw147 View Post

Antti Niemi
    (FYI I am not that good, I googled it!)

Once in a while a team can go on a run without top notch goaltending but most of the time winning a cup is pretty much impossible without it. That is why I keep saying I am not sure if the Avs can keep it up.
    Niemi was better than Kuemper.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied

Who was the dude that won it for Chicago one year of the 3? He wasn't outstanding either.
    Antti Niemi
    (FYI I am not that good, I googled it!)

Once in a while a team can go on a run without top notch goaltending but most of the time winning a cup is pretty much impossible without it. That is why I keep saying I am not sure if the Avs can keep it up.

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

Wow, really? I don't remember him?

I'm so happy for Nate Mackinnon. I just love his passion and competiveness for the game and he's so good. Cale Makar though is just unreal. I mean he could be a generational defenseman.

Congrats to the Avs!
    He had a 5 game career. Four games with the Isles and one with the Hawks.

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

I said it last night, and I don't think I'm wrong. He is the worst goalie to ever win a cup as a starting goaltender.
    Who was the dude that won it for Chicago one year of the 3? He wasn't outstanding either.

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog
    replied
    So a couple of ties to the Islanders in this win for the Av's. The obvious is Toews and the not so obvious is Byram whose father played for the New York Islanders
    Wow, really? I don't remember him?

I'm so happy for Nate Mackinnon. I just love his passion and competiveness for the game and he's so good. Cale Makar though is just unreal. I mean he could be a generational defenseman.

Congrats to the Avs!

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog
    replied
    Kuemper sucks
    I said it last night, and I don't think I'm wrong. He is the worst goalie to ever win a cup as a starting goaltender.

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    So a couple of ties to the Islanders in this win for the Av's. The obvious is Toews and the not so obvious is Byram whose father played for the New York Islanders

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    I'm not going to lie. I was also happy to see Maroon didn't match the Isles of 4 Cups wins. Only 16 guys should know that feeling. Well 14 now that we lost 2 of the greats!

Edit I jumped the gun here lol. Lots of Habs left since they did the very same thing we did but just before us. 8 years 2 teams with the Cup! Wow almost a decade with 2 winners.

Leave a comment:

• TonyD
    replied
    https://twitter.com/ehornick/status/...FZVW-u1tw&s=19

First time in a long time I get to update the #Dynasty tweet: no professional team in North America will win four straight championships until at least the 2024 World Series— more than 40 years after the last one ended. #Isles
    Can I like this 200 times?

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    https://twitter.com/ehornick/status/...FZVW-u1tw&s=19

First time in a long time I get to update the #Dynasty tweet: no professional team in North America will win four straight championships until at least the 2024 World Series— more than 40 years after the last one ended. #Isles

Leave a comment:

• TonyD
    replied
    Good company!

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/...Npku-6FbQ&s=19

Only three defensemen have won the Conn Smythe and Norris trophies in the same season:
    Bobby Orr (1970, 1972)
    Nicklas Lidstrom (2002)
    Cale Makar (2022)
    Makar is just sooooo good!

Leave a comment:

• TonyD
    replied

A little revisionist history. He WAS a liability....more than once.

But I'm still happy he got to stick it to the Leafs!
    He was. There was a time, not so long ago, we would not have touched him with a 10 foot pole. But agreed.. suck it Leaf bags!

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    Good company!

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/...Npku-6FbQ&s=19

Only three defensemen have won the Conn Smythe and Norris trophies in the same season:
    Bobby Orr (1970, 1972)
    Nicklas Lidstrom (2002)
    Cale Makar (2022)

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    Kadri just moments ago on TV said to all those people who thought I was a liability in the playoffs.............you can kiss my ass lol
    A little revisionist history. He WAS a liability....more than once.

But I'm still happy he got to stick it to the Leafs!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X