No announcement yet.

Fantasy Hockey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok guys I took one for the team. I traded for Lunquist on one of my teams and just like clockwork. He lost last night. It is a special curse that I have when you join my teams lol. Don't say I never did anything for the isles!!!!
    THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post
      Ok guys I took one for the team. I traded for Lunquist on one of my teams and just like clockwork. He lost last night. It is a special curse that I have when you join my teams lol. Don't say I never did anything for the isles!!!!
      Thank you?
      “Individual players win games, but teams win championships"

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

Thank you?
        I'm a team player

Comment

Well pretty good year for me so far! Both of my teams made the playoffs. One of my teams won its division but not the league with an 18-2-1. You think that would be enough to win the Skriko Silver Stick but I guess not. This is a weird team. Not as good as the record implies. I wouldn't be surprised to lose in the quarter finals with this team.

Second team was do or die tonight as far as the playoffs were concerned. But in I go with a record of 26-12-2. 7 of the 8 playoff teams are with in 4 points of each other so I have no idea who will win this one!

Comment

Well in one of my leagues I easily won my first round and set some records doing so. It is a 19 year league so I feel pretty good about that.

However in my other league I'm in a battle with the Colwood Rangers. We both have 6 skaters going today and it is going to all come down to plus/minus which we are currently tied at. Today is the last day and he has his Pittsburgh guys going (3 of them) who are good at plus/minus and I have my Islander guys going who as we all know are bad at plus/minus. Wish me luck!!!!!!!!

Rangers
            Crosby
            Hornquist
            Letang
            Johns
            Klingberg
            Horvat

Islanders
            Asinamov-already played even for the day
            Lee
            Eberle
            Leddy
            Monahan
            Sheary

The one thing I have going for me is the Rangers 3 Penquin guys will be playing against 2 Stars. Hopefully that can even them out. However Leddy by himself could kill me lol

Comment

Wow what a huge comeback from such a surprising source. Needing to beat the team tonight we were tied with plus minus. Whoever had a better day wins. Woohoo. Eberle +1 Lee +1 and Leddy WTF +3. I ended the day plus 5 and the Rangers were just plus 1 with Sid the kid and his Pittsburgh boys. I kind of feel bad his team was a +64 this year and mine was a -62. Of course half of that total could be attributed to Leddy himself lol. So for him to do that tonight I'm shocked lol

To add a little irony I was playing the Rangers and that 1 point Lundquist got in there late 3rd period comeback. Well I have Lundquist and if he didn't get that point I would have lost the series lol. How do you think my buddy is feeling right now

So now I have both of my franchises in to the semi's. Tonight's team was a surprise and an upset. My other team is 20-2-1 and has lost in the finals the last 2 years in row!

Comment

Well for the 3rd year in a row I'm off to the finals to try and bring the islanders some glory to win the Smyl Cup! lol I have lost the last 2 years in a row. I thought last year was my best team but it is possible this team is better. I beat the 5th seed in the quarters and the 3rd seed in the Semi's and I thought I was going to be playing the top seed in the Finals. I am number 2 seed but because of a miracle come back last night the number 6 seed upset him. So this year would seem to be my best chance.

I lost in the Semi Final in my other league and now will end up playing for 3rd place money!

Comment

Well for the 3rd year in a row I'm off to the finals to try and bring the islanders some glory to win the Smyl Cup! lol I have lost the last 2 years in a row. I thought last year was my best team but it is possible this team is better. I beat the 5th seed in the quarters and the 3rd seed in the Semi's and I thought I was going to be playing the top seed in the Finals. I am number 2 seed but because of a miracle come back last night the number 6 seed upset him. So this year would seem to be my best chance.

I lost in the Semi Final in my other league and now will end up playing for 3rd place money!
                  Screw the Islanders, I'm going to start following you.
                  Lou on the defense, "it won't be hard to fix."

Comment

I lost in the finals. I got screwed because my entire team all had a Tues Wed Thu schedule and you can only make 3 moves. I picked up Rick Nash for this reason and after I picked him up, he went down with an injury. Doesn't help that I had huge injuries to Bishop, Laine for a game and a couple of others.

Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

I lost in the finals. I got screwed because my entire team all had a Tues Wed Thu schedule and you can only make 3 moves. I picked up Rick Nash for this reason and after I picked him up, he went down with an injury. Doesn't help that I had huge injuries to Bishop, Laine for a game and a couple of others.

Oh well.
                      And that right there pretty much sums up fantasy hockey! lol. I still think the reason I lost in the finals last year was...............I won game 1 which was 2nd last week of the season. But got beat badly in the final week as most of my players hit the bench resting for playoffs. Duncan Keith actually sat the last 3 games last year for rest. While my opponent had all the stars from non playoff teams that didn't sit any games!

Did I mention that is Fantasy hockey

Comment

Desperate times. I'm clinging to a 4-3 lead in game 1. The other team is playing over their head! I need JT and Brock to step up to the plate tonight.........................oh God I'm ****ed lol

Comment

Desperate times. I'm clinging to a 4-3 lead in game 1. The other team is playing over their head! I need JT and Brock to step up to the plate tonight.........................oh God I'm ****ed lol
                          I'm going to assume you lost this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay View Post

I'm going to assume you lost this one.
                            I had a really big lead going in to Saturday's games. I held on to win game 1 by the a 4-3 score. All the categories are close so I'm guessing whoever wins Game 2 is going to be the winner. The nice thing about winning game 1 is all I need is a tie to win.

I lost Suter last night with a broken leg and Arvidson is out with an undisclosed injury. Good thing I have some depth. I will have to bring in Pommenville. At least he plays 4 games this week but so did Arvidson. I have Duncan Keith to replace Suter but Keith only plays 3 games Suter was 4.

My competition has no bench. He had to play Tkachuk this week and he is going to have to play him this week as well. Thanks for giving him that concussion Islanders. I shouldn't laugh I have Tkachuk on my other team but he is unsigned. He also only got Gaudreau for 1 game this week and it was his return game so he will have him for next week.

I have a pretty good lead in the goaltending categories my Cali connection is pulling through. Quick and Gibson. I'm afraid I may lose games from them once they clinch.

My 3rd year in the Finals and it is time to bring it home!

I could really use JT to go on a useless hot streak right now. Like the 3 to 4 point game hot streaks lol. Not going to happen but I could wish!

Comment

My 3rd year in the Finals and it is time to bring it home!

I could really use JT to go on a useless hot streak right now. Like the 3 to 4 point game hot streaks lol. Not going to happen but I could wish!
                              We can only hope Josh Bailey returns to the lineup to get him going.

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay View Post
                                We can only hope Josh Bailey returns to the lineup to get him going.
                                Ya we won't risk his career by rushing him back early. He will be encouraged to go back to his non contact kind of game. We have an awesome 6 years ahead folks!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X