Chicago Blackhawks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TK27 View Post

That there are. I would predict the same thing for JT but his workout regime could also make him like Jagr. Tough call on JT.
    Except JT's season usually ends in April. Toews plays into June on a regular basis.
    “Individual players win games, but teams win championships"

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

Except JT's season usually ends in April. Toews plays into June on a regular basis.
      Oh I know Toews has a lot of miles for sure. I guess I was talking about JT's body structure.
      THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

https://twitter.com/MarkLazerus/stat...641710080?s=19

Joel Quenneville and Stan Bowman WILL return to the Blackhawks next season, team president John McDonough says.

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post
          https://twitter.com/MarkLazerus/stat...641710080?s=19

Joel Quenneville and Stan Bowman WILL return to the Blackhawks next season, team president John McDonough says.
          Why wouldn't you keep him? With the way the NHL is constructed you can suck one year and compete for the Cup the next.

Comment

One of the all time greats. RIP.

https://www.nhl.com/news/stan-mikita...ad/c-299698868

Mikita, Blackhawks icon, dies at 78

Played entire 22-season NHL career with Chicago; four-time Art Ross Trophy winner

Stan Mikita, the leading scorer in the history of the Chicago Blackhawks, a two-time Hart Trophy winner and member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, died Tuesday. He was 78.

Mikita played his entire 22-year NHL career with the Blackhawks and is their all-time leader in games played (1,394) and assists (926) as well as points (1,467). He became the first member of the Blackhawks to have his number retired when his No. 21 was raised to the rafters at Chicago Stadium in 1980. Mikita won the Art Ross, Hart and Lady Byng trophies in 1966-67 and again in 1967-68; he's the only player in NHL history to accomplish that feat.

"Stan Mikita will be always remembered as a champion, an innovator and a master of the game," Blackhawks president & CEO John McDonough said. "He embodied the Chicago Blackhawks. His excellence is illustrated by the team records he still holds today. His passion for the game was proved by the longevity of his playing career. The impact he had on the franchise is proved by fact that Blackhawks fans still wear his jersey to the United Center."

Comment

Watched a few Hawks games this year and one thing is evident. Salary Cap finally caught up with them. Still pretty amazing to get 3 out of that run.

Comment

Watched a few Hawks games this year and one thing is evident. Salary Cap finally caught up with them. Still pretty amazing to get 3 out of that run.
                Dynasty's no more. 19 consecutive playoff series victories will never be broken. I'm waiting for the salary cap to catch up to the Leafs!
                "I'm excited about the coaching staff, winning breeds winning."

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay View Post

Dynasty's no more. 19 consecutive playoff series victories will never be broken. I'm waiting for the salary cap to catch up to the Leafs!
                  It is coming for sure. They still get a shot at their window but if they don't do something with their defence soon it won't matter much.

Comment

WOW!

https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNHL/stat...09639792107521

BREAKING: #Blackhawkss have relieved Joel Quenneville of his coaching duties and have named Jeremy Colliton the 38th head coach in franchise history. The Blackhawks have also parted ways with Assistant Coaches Kevin Dineen and Ulf Samuelsson.

Comment

Wow, that's crazy. I don't think this will help garner more wins though.

Comment

Colliton is an Islanders alum. Never amounted to much as a player.

Comment

I'm sure glad we don't have to pine and wish that the Isles would grab him

Comment

I'm sure glad we don't have to pine and wish that the Isles would grab him
                            Funny, I had the exact same thought!

Comment

Originally posted by mrlbem View Post

Colliton is an Islanders alum. Never amounted to much as a player.
                              But played the game hard and had a pretty good hockey IQ. He just didn't have the talent. I wish him well. I always liked him as a player who worked his tail off.

Comment

The Hawks finally suck. What can we get out of the impending garage sale?
                                The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

Working...
                                X