No announcement yet.

Toronto Maple Leafs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This kid is going to be special. I believe he scored his first three on 3 shots...what a debut.

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post
      Auston Matthews scores 4 goals in his NHL debut........and the Leafs lose in OT!
      If only the Islanders had that kind of talent..

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post
        Auston Matthews scores 4 goals in his NHL debut........and the Leafs lose in OT!
        Crazy! this will make life in Canada unbearable!!!!!!!!!!
        THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

His second goal was remarkable. He peeled the puck off of 2 guys sticks and walked around about 3 guys. One guy he peeled it away from was Erik Karlsson. This kid is impressive

Comment

Originally posted by gazaroog View Post
            His second goal was remarkable. He peeled the puck off of 2 guys sticks and walked around about 3 guys. One guy he peeled it away from was Erik Karlsson. This kid is impressive
            It helps being a man/child. They sure build them big now a days!

Comment

Leafs need Andersen to bounce back in a hurry

Long story short: The Leafs look great, except for the goaltending. And that’s a pretty massive problem. Time will tell if Andersen can rebound, but if status quo remains, the Leafs might be in trouble despite assembling a very competitive team.
              http://www.tsn.ca/talent/leafs-need-...hurry-1.588953

I wonder if there's still a possible deal to be had there, with us sending them a goalie, and them sending us James Van Reimsdyk.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom View Post

I wonder if there's still a possible deal to be had there, with us sending them a goalie, and them sending us James Van Reimsdyk.
                I would imagine a trade for JVR would involve Jaro going their way because of cap considerations.
                "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

When are people going to learn that it's not the goalie and it's more about the Maple Leafs defense. There is a reason why every single goalie that goes to the Leafs all have poor stats.

Comment

I doubt it Enroth is more than capable back up and with 5 years invested in Anderssen I don't see any trade there.

Comment

Interesting, this could effect JT

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/c...o-maple-leafs/

Chelios: ‘No veteran free agent’ wants to play for Mike Babcock

Chris Chelios believes the Detroit Red Wings will have an easier time luring free agents now that Mike Babcock has moved to Toronto.

“It’s going to help even more now that Babs is gone, because those free agents didn’t want to play for Babs,” the Red Wings legend said on-air Friday night during a mid-game interview with 97.1 The Ticket.

Host Jeff Riger questioned the truth of that statement. Chelios holds a grudge against his last significant NHL head coach, for whom he played from 2005 through 2009.

“It’s very accurate. Ryan Suter [who chose Minnesota over Detroit as a UFA in 2012] is a good friend of mine. It’s nothing personal, but he’s a tough guy to play for if you’re a veteran. If you’re a young guy, I think it’s great because of the accountability. If you don’t play [properly], you’re not going to play,” Chelios said.
                      “I'm telling you: No veteran free agent is going to want to come in and play for Mike Babcock."

Comment

Wow just noticed that the Leafs are 4 million over the Cap right now. I guess the 2 obvious guys to go are Bozak and JVR both with saleries of 4.2 million. Interesting that both have NTC. Seems like a team should be either of these guys for cheap cheap cheap. I notice they have 10 million in LTIR but don't you have to be under the Cap first to before you can put them on that as of Game 2 of the season.

Man you need a business degree to figure this stuff out now lol
                        TK27
                        Token Canadian Fan
                        Last edited by TK27; 07-06-2017, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post
                          Wow just noticed that the Leafs are 4 million over the Cap right now. I guess the 2 obvious guys to go are Bozak and JVR both with saleries of 4.2 million. Interesting that both have NTC. Seems like a team should be either of these guys for cheap cheap cheap. I notice they have 10 million in LTIR but don't you have to be under the Cap first to before you can put them on that as of Game 2 of the season.

Man you need a business degree to figure this stuff out now lol
                          I'm pretty sure you are correct. You have to start the season under the cap before you can put them on LTIR. I think that's how it works.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you are correct. You have to start the season under the cap before you can put them on LTIR. I think that's how it works.
                            Ya you have to play Game 1 first so I have to think either JVR or Bozak is going for peanuts. Another thing I learned about LTIR is that insurance only pays 70% so the team is still on the hook to pay 30%

Comment

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/902603641122643968

The Air Canada Centre will change its name to Scotiabank Arena next summer. http://sprtsnt.ca/2vprFTu

Comment

Kadri scores the first goal of the NHL season.

Leafs might be tough this year.
                                The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

Working...
                                X