Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mw147 View Post
    https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNHL/stat...63882151501825

The Leafs are going to have about 20 picks per draft for the next 2-3 years by the time they are done!
    Which means they might get 4 or 5 players. Of varying talent
    THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNHL/stat...63882151501825
      The Leafs are going to have about 20 picks per draft for the next 2-3 years by the time they are done!
      They are about 10 years overdue. Finally doing it right.
      The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post

Let's see how long they can keep it up. It's just not in the DNA of that organization.
        "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

Let's see how long they can keep it up. It's just not in the DNA of that organization.
          Lou is in charge. They WILL do it his way.

Comment

So far so good. The real trick is around year 3 and not getting impatient. Leafs will still have to pass that test for this rebuild to be a good one.

Comment

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/j...-his-contract/

Jared Cowen put on waivers, Leafs looking to move his contract

TORONTO – Jared Cowen’s time with the Maple Leafs is seemingly over before it truly began, although the exact manner in which he’ll depart the organization is still up in the air.
              The 25-year-old defenceman was placed on waivers Friday and will be a prime candidate to be dealt before the trade deadline if he goes unclaimed on Saturday, as expected.

Comment

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/mai...ndan-shanahan/

This is The Tribune Mailbag, a series in which athletes answer questions sent from our readers. Our past editions have featured athletes from all corners of the sports world, including Megan Rapinoe, Brian Scalabrine and even the Founding Publisher himself.
                For this edition, we asked NHL Hall of Famer and Toronto Maple Leafs President & Alternate Governor Brendan Shanahan to answer your questions about mentorship, management and misguided chirps.

How do you deal with the nerves and pressures of not only running the hottest show in North America, but also giving it an internal overhaul. Big Fan! — RJ

I think it’s a combination of utilizing certain skills that I acquired during my days as a professional athlete, and then combining those with everything I learned in my five years at the National Hockey League. While working for the NHL, I was able to study all 30 teams and just what a challenging job it is to run an organization. My philosophy has been simple.

A. Do what I believe in.

B. Do the thing I was hired to do.

C. Surround yourself with smart, driven people — and then let them do their jobs.

D. Drown out the white noise.

Comment

http://thehockeywriters.com/toronto-...jhonas-enroth/

Maple Leafs Sign Jhonas Enroth

The Toronto Maple Leafs announced Monday that they have signed goaltender Jhonas Enroth to a one-year, $750,000 contract.
                  The signing puts the Leafs $694,084 over the cap, according to General Fanager, but they also have $8.3 million in potential long-term injured reserve moves to make. There is also a potential $2.8 million in savings available if Jared Cowen is eligible to be bought out. That’s currently sitting in arbitration over a dispute as to whether or not he was injured during the buyout window.
                  How does a team as early in the rebuilding process as they are already have cap issues? No way they follow through on the rebuild, the fans and media there are not patient enough. I have confidence that they screw it up.

Comment

https://twitter.com/BComptonNHL/stat...41798937010176

#Leafs GM Lou Lamoriello says team has extended a PTO to LW Brandon Prust. He played 41 games in VAN organization last season.

Comment

Matt Martin
                      The big career move to become a Maple Leaf survived an important early hurdle that had nothing to do with Matt Martin’s new teammates or the city.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaszycki's Krew View Post
                        Matt Martin
                        I hope Matt does well. I won't miss him as much as Kyle and Frans but still will miss him. Nice guy

Comment

How does a team as early in the rebuilding process as they are already have cap issues? No way they follow through on the rebuild, the fans and media there are not patient enough. I have confidence that they screw it up.
                          OR, become a better team in way less time that it is taking the Islanders.

Comment

Part of the rebuild is getting rid of the cap issues, which they will do in short order.

Comment

Part of the rebuild is getting rid of the cap issues, which they will do in short order.
                              Agreed I'm impressed the new regime has lasted this long with the rebuild. It may actually finally happen for the Leafs who have refused to rebuild ............... well since forever!

Comment

Auston Matthews scores 4 goals in his NHL debut........and the Leafs lose in OT!

Comment

Working...
                                X