Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hockey - General (From Playing to Thoughts on the Game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TK27
    replied
    Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

I had 1 shoulder surgery and a couple of separations. I'm fortunate though as my shoulders are in pretty good shape although they hamper me in my bench press though, LOL.

My son I just got back from the surgeon the other day. We thought he tore a ligament as he couldn't move his arm. Fortunately it was only a really deep bruise to his tricep and so much blood pooled in the area where he couldn't move his arm. We thought he would be done the rest of the season and now he is going to play tomorrow night! He's had a fractured clavicle, 2 shoulder separations and the bursitis is always bothering him. He's 18. Life of a hockey player. I told him he can't play tomorrow unless he buys top notch shoulder pads.
    IMO if surgery can be avoided then you avoid it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that enough exclamations to make my point

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog
    replied
    Originally posted by TK27 View Post

Both my right and left shoulder. Right is worse but the left is no prize either. But makes sense because the right had 6 surgeries and the left only had 3. And yes the right is from my early hockey days. It stopped any real chance at the NHL when I was 17. I had a couple surgeries back to back right away and then a 3rd. Next time I really played again was at 19 and went and played some Junior B. For me that was just for fun. I knew my chance had passed me by. I paid a big price for my playing days but knowing myself as well as I do. I would say if I had a 2nd a chance I would do it all over again. Which makes since since I screwed the left shoulder trying to recapture my youth. Just had my 5th operation on the right in November but thought it might be a great idea to play baseball again at the age of 54 in May lol. Not slo pitch or fastball. Honest to goodness hardball. I destroyed my left shoulder diving for a ball. A spectacular catch. That catch only cost me 3 surgeries however however.....that catch was the last out in the semi-finals which sent the team to the finals. But alas I was in the hospital for the finals. That my friend is the life of Terry Kenny. Always injured always in pain

My biggest problem as a young guy I seriously thought I would be dead long before I ever reached 61 lol. I mean I pushed danger and yet here I am. Maybe broken but still here. I'm the Keith Richards of hockey lol
    I had 1 shoulder surgery and a couple of separations. I'm fortunate though as my shoulders are in pretty good shape although they hamper me in my bench press though, LOL.

My son I just got back from the surgeon the other day. We thought he tore a ligament as he couldn't move his arm. Fortunately it was only a really deep bruise to his tricep and so much blood pooled in the area where he couldn't move his arm. We thought he would be done the rest of the season and now he is going to play tomorrow night! He's had a fractured clavicle, 2 shoulder separations and the bursitis is always bothering him. He's 18. Life of a hockey player. I told him he can't play tomorrow unless he buys top notch shoulder pads.

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied

Sorry to hear that Terry. If you don't mind me asking, what is your most significant pain and is that from your days playing?
    Both my right and left shoulder. Right is worse but the left is no prize either. But makes sense because the right had 6 surgeries and the left only had 3. And yes the right is from my early hockey days. It stopped any real chance at the NHL when I was 17. I had a couple surgeries back to back right away and then a 3rd. Next time I really played again was at 19 and went and played some Junior B. For me that was just for fun. I knew my chance had passed me by. I paid a big price for my playing days but knowing myself as well as I do. I would say if I had a 2nd a chance I would do it all over again. Which makes since since I screwed the left shoulder trying to recapture my youth. Just had my 5th operation on the right in November but thought it might be a great idea to play baseball again at the age of 54 in May lol. Not slo pitch or fastball. Honest to goodness hardball. I destroyed my left shoulder diving for a ball. A spectacular catch. That catch only cost me 3 surgeries however however.....that catch was the last out in the semi-finals which sent the team to the finals. But alas I was in the hospital for the finals. That my friend is the life of Terry Kenny. Always injured always in pain

My biggest problem as a young guy I seriously thought I would be dead long before I ever reached 61 lol. I mean I pushed danger and yet here I am. Maybe broken but still here. I'm the Keith Richards of hockey lol
    Last edited by TK27; 12 hours ago.

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog
    replied
    Originally posted by TK27 View Post

Well I have been on painkillers for 9 years now so I guess that puts me in the addicted category but you know I could care less if I'm addicted or not. It is the only thing that can get me through a day with much less suffering.
    Sorry to hear that Terry. If you don't mind me asking, what is your most significant pain and is that from your days playing?

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaszycki's Krew View Post

Thankfully, we have no clue, just stating that teams do need to be careful with pain killers which can cause addiction from what we are told.
    Well I have been on painkillers for 9 years now so I guess that puts me in the addicted category but you know I could care less if I'm addicted or not. It is the only thing that can get me through a day with much less suffering.

Leave a comment:

• Kaszycki's Krew
    replied

Fetanyl? You think the NHL is prescribing fetanyl?

If that is the case, then I would agree with you.
    Thankfully, we have no clue, just stating that teams do need to be careful with pain killers which can cause addiction from what we are told.

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied

No they aren't giving away that as a fentanyl but maybe but it has nothing do how he died. He got a bad batch of coke with fentanyl in it. You are seriously rolling the dice every time you buy a new batch of coke and try it.

Rumor has it that the reason fentanyl shows up in some coke is because it is competitors sabotaging other rivals batches of cocaine to give that competitor a bad name. Drug lords being drug lords.

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaszycki's Krew View Post
    This is a big problem in our country and the world. We are not sure how this is on the NHL, but if the team presctibed this drug via its medical staff......

This curse ruins young men and women in this country. We have no answers.

Leave a comment:

• Kaszycki's Krew
    replied
    This is a big problem in our country and the world. We are not sure how this is on the NHL, but if the team presctibed this drug via its medical staff......

This curse ruins young men and women in this country. We have no answers.

Leave a comment:

• mw147
    replied
    Allan Walsh tweeted this:

I hate this guy. This is a country/worldwide problem. How is this on the NHL? You make a damning statement like that, you better support it.
    And I know this is nit picking but learn how to spell! it is "there" not "their".

Leave a comment:

• gazaroog
    replied
    Allan Walsh tweeted this:

Allan Walsh
    @walsha
    Their is a raging problem in the NHL and the silence among those complicit is deadly.
    I hate this guy. This is a country/worldwide problem. How is this on the NHL? You make a damning statement like that, you better support it.

Leave a comment:

• TK27
    replied
    1st thought was suicide 2nd thought I was right. Bummer. I still don't get the fentanyl thing. Why would your kill off your buying clientele?

Leave a comment:

• Kaszycki's Krew
    replied
    Former NHL player Jimmy Hayes had cocaine and fentanyl in his system when he died, his family told The Boston Globe on Sunday. They hope sharing his story "can save someone's life."

Leave a comment:

• Kaszycki's Krew
    replied
    Do not go to sleep on the possibility of Jack Hughes emerging as a top-six force for the Yanks in Beijing.

Leave a comment:

• Kaszycki's Krew
    replied
    The state medical examiner's office issued Jimmy Hayes' death certificate on Friday

Leave a comment:

Working...
X