Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hockey - General (From Playing to Thoughts on the Game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

I'm not sure I would have him delay college to play in Juniors. Although my son is a really good hockey player, the chances of him going pro is so small, I have to be a realist. I guess it depends on this upcoming season. If I see him tear it up at the Triple A level, maybe that will change my thoughts, but as of now, I'd love to see if he can just play in college out of HS.
    You have to start having some one film him NOW, for at least a year of highlights, than those films can go to some major prep-schools in mass, or such colleges like Colgate, UMASS, the schools will look at highlights and sometimes get a free skate with them. Understand a majority of the college hockey players today are Canadians kids and now they are starting to look at Euro kids. There first choice are kids from Minn, Maine & Boston prep high schools which major in hockey, LOL, good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by 31GOALIE31 View Post

You have to start having some one film him NOW, for at least a year of highlights, than those films can go to some major prep-schools in mass, or such colleges like Colgate, UMASS, the schools will look at highlights and sometimes get a free skate with them. Understand a majority of the college hockey players today are Canadians kids and now they are starting to look at Euro kids. There first choice are kids from Minn, Maine & Boston prep high schools which major in hockey, LOL, good luck.
      This year I’ll get to video him as I won’t be coaching (at least I think I’m not) so I’ll get to video him. The great feature though is Live Barn which is in most arenas now.

Comment

This year I’ll get to video him as I won’t be coaching (at least I think I’m not) so I’ll get to video him. The great feature though is Live Barn which is in most arenas now.
        The problem you have to decide is which is more important, an education vs a possible hockey career. Than we can together decide what he's going to do.

Comment

I hope your team wins Mark
          THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Live Barn is great!

Comment

U.S. District Judge Susan Richard Nelson has denied class-action status for the former NHL players suing the league over concussions.

Comment

Wow, terrible news

https://twitter.com/ACollinsPhoto/st...265272320?s=19

Friends and first responders have identified victim in early morning drowning at the Hamilton Harbour as former @NHL goalie Ray Emery. Ray played the @ottawasenators, @NHLBlackhawks, @AnaheimDucks and the @NHLFlyers. He was swimming with several friends & never surfaced #HamOnt https://t.co/QpD2tNwDzs
                "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post
                  Wow, terrible news

https://twitter.com/ACollinsPhoto/st...265272320?s=19

Friends and first responders have identified victim in early morning drowning at the Hamilton Harbour as former @NHL goalie Ray Emery. Ray played the @ottawasenators, @NHLBlackhawks, @AnaheimDucks and the @NHLFlyers. He was swimming with several friends & never surfaced #HamOnt https://t.co/QpD2tNwDzs
                  Gone to soon.
                  "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

The rebuild of what's now called KeyArena will be transformative for Seattle sports, providing a home at Seattle Center for professional hockey, and, perhaps, pro basketball.

Comment

I guess if you want to keep up with the Jones now a days you must have the state of the art practice facility.

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post

I guess if you want to keep up with the Jones now a days you must have the state of the art practice facility.
                        And guess what? We have one!!
                        "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post

And guess what? We have one!!
                          Yeah kind of hard to believe that we are actually Jones .................... will wonders never cease.

Comment

I was trying to figure out the other day why scoring is up so much in hockey in the last couple years? Can't quite figure it out. Is it the smaller goal equipment? Is it the new rules and they way refs call the game? Is it just because the players are just better now? Is it all the above?

I'm not sure but I can tell you this it is really nice to have goal scoring back!

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post
                              I was trying to figure out the other day why scoring is up so much in hockey in the last couple years? Can't quite figure it out. Is it the smaller goal equipment? Is it the new rules and they way refs call the game? Is it just because the players are just better now? Is it all the above?

I'm not sure but I can tell you this it is really nice to have goal scoring back!
                              I'll go with all of the above. I'll tell you what I don't miss is the fighting. As much as I use to love in when I was younger, I think it all changed for me after Brad Dalgarno had a run in with Joey Kocur.
                              "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

Comment

Originally posted by Tjay View Post

I'll go with all of the above. I'll tell you what I don't miss is the fighting. As much as I use to love in when I was younger, I think it all changed for me after Brad Dalgarno had a run in with Joey Kocur.
                                I used to fight a ton when I played but I have to agree I'm like you. I don't miss it either. For me it was the Kyprios fight.

Comment

Working...
                                X