Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hockey - General (From Playing to Thoughts on the Game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TK27 View Post

Didn't it take awhile to get rid of Snow and Weight's pictures off the website? Those 2 kind of just disappeared and fell off the edge. I mean was there ever anything ever official about Weight actually being gone?
    I don't think either one of them are gone from the organization. Not officially at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyD View Post

I don't think either one of them are gone from the organization. Not officially at least.
      I can verify that they are both definitely still in the organization. My buddy met them both last week and they said they are still with the organization and when he asked them what they do, they said not a whole heck of a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

I can verify that they are both definitely still in the organization. My buddy met them both last week and they said they are still with the organization and when he asked them what they do, they said not a whole heck of a lot.
        Their main activity is cashing a check.

I wonder how long Weight's contract is? I can't believe he can't get a job as an assistant or in a front office somewhere in the NHL. As bad as he was as a head coach, he was very well respected in this league for a long time. Garth, on the other hand......
        “Individual players win games, but teams win championships"

Comment

• Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

As it should be lol
          THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

• The combined average take for pair of restricted free agent defensemen likely will exceed $10 million

Comment

• From the moment the Rangers acquired Jacob Trouba from Winnipeg on June 17, it seemed a foregone conclusion they would sign the (then-impending) restricted free...

Comment

• Artemi Panarin did not have to imagine what he might look like in a New York Rangers uniform. His likeness in Rangers blue adorned the giant video screens at Madison Square Garden with the message "Welcome Artemi" a full four days before he signed with the team. "There was a moment where I just sat down for 10 minutes and really thought about it," Panarin said, "and my heart told me that New York would be the better place for me." Free agency in the NHL this season had surprises, as it always

Comment

• NHL team's owners can be very public, or hidden behind the scenes. This article will let you get to know the many organization's owners and their history.

Comment

• Members of the United States Senate and lead sponsors of the Congressional Gold Medal bill are urging fellow senators to sign legislation that would award Willie O'Ree, the NHL's first black player, the highest civilian honor bestowed by Congress.

Comment

• The Philadelphia bar that inspired the Blues' "Gloria" fad is seeking money from the items that were sold inside and outside of Enterprise Center.

Comment

• Owner of this team grew up as an Islanders fan
                        A decade ago, Andrew Kaufmann pursued fantasy sports so intensely that ESPN The Magazine recorded the blow-by-blow account of his machinations at the helm of a virtual baseball team.Starting Tuesday, though, the Northeast Florida resident will be calling the shots for real at the helm of the Jacksonville's hometown hockey club."It's very, very emotional," he said, "but in a good way."The Icemen officially announced Jacksonville resident Kaufmann as the new majority owner of the ECHL franchise

Comment

• So I’ve been at UMASS the last 3 days. My son was invited to their camp. Players from all across North America here and some of the top prospects in NA. I had no idea what to expect especially considering he is an 03 date of birth and there are players up to 99 dates of birth.

Not only has he held his own, he’s been one of the best players here. In 2 games he has 5 points including 2 beautiful goals and tons of great other chances.

Pretty cool to see. But the way the recruiting process works for D1, unfortunately you need to be in a prep school. That’s not happening. This weekend though could have helped put him on the map though with a ton of D1 coaches here.

Im hoping he makes a D3 team in 2 years and then maybe can make a jump. The question is does he need to play in juniors next year in his senior year of HS.

Comment

• Great stuff, Gaz!! Good luck along the way. That sucks about the prep school thing but you never know!

Question though - you said your son was an '03 but will be a senior in HS next year? My son is an '04 but is only going to be a freshman this September in HS ...

Comment

• As I recall - Clark Gillies' dog ate out of the Cup.
                              The Stanley Cup is the most beautiful trophy in sports, the most difficult to win and has the most history. So why don't players treat it like the treasure that it is?

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyD View Post
                                Great stuff, Gaz!! Good luck along the way. That sucks about the prep school thing but you never know!

Question though - you said your son was an '03 but will be a senior in HS next year? My son is an '04 but is only going to be a freshman this September in HS ...
                                He is going into his junior year. The following year he will be a senior. How is your son doing with hockey?

Comment

Working...
                                X