Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

That's good news for the kid.
    I agree...though high ankle sprains can be even worse than a broken leg because of the time it takes to mend. 4-6 weeks would be great but, they can take a lot longer than that, I know some people say that a broken bone is better than a high ankle sprain....though I wouldn't want either.

Comment

Originally posted by ndh41 View Post

I agree...though high ankle sprains can be even worse than a broken leg because of the time it takes to mend. 4-6 weeks would be great but, they can take a lot longer than that, I know some people say that a broken bone is better than a high ankle sprain....though I wouldn't want either.
      Yeah no question. I sprained my ankle a year ago (rolled on it) and the doctor said the same thing to me. It took me a good 2 months before I could play again. But at least it's not a compound fracture that required surgery. That could have put him out 3 months or more.

Comment

Originally posted by gazaroog View Post

Yeah no question. I sprained my ankle a year ago (rolled on it) and the doctor said the same thing to me. It took me a good 2 months before I could play again. But at least it's not a compound fracture that required surgery. That could have put him out 3 months or more.
        Yep, a compound fracture would have put him out for a long time, similar to Stamkos when he slid into the goal post a few years back. Compound fracture would have been the worst case scenario because of the surgery involved.

High ankle sprains are a pain simply because it takes forever to heal. I had one in college, and luckily it happened after the season ended during an indoor practice but, I remember it was February when it happened and it took me until the middle of May to feel 100%. The worst thing about them is that there are times where you think you're 100% and try and do something on it and you just reinjure it, that's the worst part about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ndh41 View Post

Agreed I have had them before. The worse thing about it is you can heal for so long and almost be healed but it takes nothing to tweak it again and be back to square 1
          THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNHL/stat...83025087221760

SiriusXM NHL Network ‏@SiriusXMNHL BREAKING: #Sabres forward Evander Kane has three cracked ribs and will be out for "weeks" #NHL
            First Eichel now Kane. Bad luck for the Sabres.

Can Kane stay out of trouble while he is not playing?
            "There’s unfinished business," coach Barry Trotz said.

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post
              https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNHL/stat...83025087221760

First Eichel now Kane. Bad luck for the Sabres.

Can Kane stay out of trouble while he is not playing?
              Ah no he can't!

Comment

KO registered a goal and an assist in his first game with the Sabres. He played on a line with Ryan O'Reilly and Sam Reinhart. Here's the write up and the videos of the two points.

https://www.nhl.com/news/kyle-okposo...es/c-282741256

Comment

News first reported by our man on the ground (Bossy573) last Friday

http://thehockeywriters.com/heat-bei...es-dan-bylsma/

Heat Being Turned up on Bylsma

Coming into this season, the expectations around the Buffalo Sabres were different. The past three seasons in Buffalo were about losing and last season, in particular, was about improving from the historical losing.

The 2016-17 season, however, was finally back to focusing on winning. With those expectations comes more pressure on players, coaches, and management. The organization was expected to take a big step in being back in the playoff conversation — something Sabres fans haven’t seen since 2011.

The main goal of this season appears to be on track to come up way short through 33 games. Entering play on Tuesday night, they sit in last place in the Eastern Conference and 27th in the entire league. A restless fan base with no more room for excuses seems to have focused the majority of their frustration at the feet of one person — Dan Bylsma.
                  Terry Pegula is not a patient owner - he fired Rex Ryan as coach of the Bills yesterday; did not even let him finish his 2nd season. Sounds like Bylsma may not be far behind with the Sabres. Is he right, or is he the next Dan Snyder?

Comment

I personally think that Bylsma is a horrible coach, I wouldn't want anything to do with on the Islanders should he be an available option if happy were canned.

Comment

Have you seen your gade point averages ? It's more than a little below par, Mr. Hoover. IT STINKS! It's the lowest on campus. It's the lowest in Faber history!

For the Animal House fans - thought you might like to see this article

The movie “Animal House” turns 39 years old this summer, but its central theme makes it timeless. As long as there are college campuses, there will be students who struggle to find their way. Which brings us to the Sabres’ midterm analysis. It has not been the finest semester at Sabres University. Buffalo has been at or near the bottom…

Comment

Originally posted by Kaszycki's Krew View Post
                        Have you seen your gade point averages ? It's more than a little below par, Mr. Hoover. IT STINKS! It's the lowest on campus. It's the lowest in Faber history!

For the Animal House fans - thought you might like to see this article

Funny stuff!

You know your team is in trouble when your read this:

Chip Diller Trophy (“Thank you, sir, may I have another”): Anders Nilsson.

The goaltender keeps earning starts and victories. He hit the midway point on a 5-1-2 run while improving his save percentage to .930. That was fifth in the NHL, ahead of Montreal’s Carey Price and Boston’s Tuukka Rask – and way above Nilsson’s career save percentage of .900 entering the season.
                        Anders Nilsson?

Comment

Originally posted by mw147 View Post
                          Anders Nilsson?
                          Amazing, isn't it?

The object is to win. Not just to compete, but to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossy573 View Post

Amazing, isn't it?
                            Goaltenders are as big of a crapshoot as getting a good draft pick. Problem with Goaltenders is that it seems every single one of them has there very own development schedule. You never know when it will happen!

Comment

Wow Eichel is taking a pretty big stance here. Calling out teamates for a country club attitude. I don't think he was talking about Kyle kind of sounds like he was talking about other younger players I think. He is either taking a strong leadership role or he is throwing his mates under the bus.

I vote leadership. I like the kid called them out!

http://www.tsn.ca/video/eichel-sound...season~1097870

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post
                                Wow Eichel is taking a pretty big stance here. Calling out teamates for a country club attitude. I don't think he was talking about Kyle kind of sounds like he was talking about other younger players I think. He is either taking a strong leadership role or he is throwing his mates under the bus.

I vote leadership. I like the kid called them out!

http://www.tsn.ca/video/eichel-sound...season~1097870
                                I love it. McDavid is getting all the press and he deserves it, but Eichel is going to be a superstar in this league also. He's a stud.

Comment

Working...
                                X