Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ISLESfan17202 View Post
    Somehow the puck gets through for the Canes
    I think that is the first slapshot I have ever seen Dehaan take.
    THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

Comment

Well Canes backs against the wall down 3-0. Looks like the Bruins will be going to the finals. Would love to see St. Louis go as well. The last time these 2 teams met in the finals Bobby Orr finished it off flying through the air with the greatest of ease. Pretty sure after going to the finals the first 3 years of the Blues existence. I don't think they have returned since 1970
      Last edited by TK27; 1 week ago.

Comment

Crazy eh? We sweep the Pens, the Canes sweep us, somehow and I well may be wrong, but I just don’t think the Bruins will sweep. Win, most likely, but I think the Hurricanes win the next game.
        Last edited by ISLESfan17202; 1 week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post
          Well Canes backs against the wall down 3-0. Looks like the Bruins will be going to the finals. Would love to see St. Louis go as well. The last time these 2 teams met in the finals Bobby Orr finished it off flying through the air with the greatest of ease. Pretty sure after going to the finals the first 3 years of the Blues existence. I don't think they have returned since 1970
          The way that goal is portrayed is completely wrong. Watch any replays of Orr's goal and you will see the puck in the net long before he goes flying. He scores then gets tripped. I don't think there is any hockey play with a more wrong mythology than this one. And none that piss me off more. And stupidly is memorialize in bronze.

OTOH, Bossy actually was parallel to the ice when he scored one of his best playoff goals though it.wasnt a Cup or game winner.

Comment

Originally posted by ISLESfan17202 View Post
            Crazy eh? We sweep the Pens, the Canes sweep us, somehow and I well may be wrong, but I just don’t think the Bruins will sweep. Win, most likely, but I think the Hurricanes win the next game.
            Nothing would cap off the wildest playoffs ever better than the Bruins sweeping then getting swept by whoever comes out of the West.

Comment

Originally posted by TK27 View Post
              That should have been a goal. The goaltender was outside the blue and then leaned in towards DeBrusk. Bad call
              Butch was pointing out that the referee was the same ref that called the no goal on Lee's goal in game 1 against he Canes.

Comment

Originally posted by FranzyFan View Post

The way that goal is portrayed is completely wrong. Watch any replays of Orr's goal and you will see the puck in the net long before he goes flying. He scores then gets tripped. I don't think there is any hockey play with a more wrong mythology than this one. And none that piss me off more. And stupidly is memorialize in bronze.

OTOH, Bossy actually was parallel to the ice when he scored one of his best playoff goals though it.wasnt a Cup or game winner.
                I knew this from the moment I saw Orr score the goal. He completely vaulted himself in to the air after as you said the puck was in the net. With the knowledge that they had just won the Cup which was a foregone conclusion before the series started. Bobby was so happy he just went for a flight.

You are correct Boss's goal was much more real and amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyD View Post

Butch was pointing out that the referee was the same ref that called the no goal on Lee's goal in game 1 against he Canes.
                  Oh I didn't know that. Both goals the goaltenders were outside the Blue paint. I have noticed a trend with goaltenders now if they don't think they can get the puck they throw themselves in to a player hoping for an interference call. Which is exactly what happened in this situation.

For the same ref being responsible for both of these calls. He should be fired.

Comment

https://twitter.com/mattyports/statu...915423744?s=19

Bruins PR will not confirm/deny report that Chara won’t play tonight. We’ll know for sure no later than warmups, next hour.
                    “Individual players win games, but teams win championships"

Comment

The Canes cant buy a goal so far.

Comment

They sure are blowing the hand passes down a lot tonight lol

Comment

The way this is going that may be the GWG for Boston

Comment

It looks, for now that I was wrong about the Canes. Still one period to go but Boston looks tough tonight.

Comment

So how ironic is it that the Canes made us the first team to get swept after sweeping a series since 1993. The Sabres sat there for 36 years. The Isles are no longer the last team to have that happen to them and they waited oh about 2 weeks lol

Comment

That’s it I would think. Bruins going to be tough in the final.

Comment

Working...
                                X