Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Playoffs Round 1 - Bruins vs. Maple Leafs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by TK27 View Post

    Oh if anyone can relate to Steve it would have to be Islander fans!
    I don't know. Did the Leafs have anything close to Milbury, Snow, Spano, fish sticks, hoist gate, lopsided trades, Nassau county pol., etc., etc., etc.?
    "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

    Comment


    • Originally posted by mw147 View Post

      He's actually a really great fan. I hate the Leafs but I feel his pain.
      I can relate to him. I enjoy his videos. Once that POS leaves, Steve is the only reason why I'd consider rooting for the Leafs.
      "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Tjay View Post

        I don't know. Did the Leafs have anything close to Milbury, Snow, Spano, fish sticks, hoist gate, lopsided trades, Nassau county pol., etc., etc., etc.?
        They had Harold Ballard, who was Wang on steroids bad.
        “Individual players win games, but teams win championships"

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Tjay View Post

          I can relate to him. I enjoy his videos. Once that POS leaves, Steve is the only reason why I'd consider rooting for the Leafs.
          Then you are nicer than I am. I can't see rooting for them ever, given what asses the majority of their fan base is.
          “Individual players win games, but teams win championships"

          Comment


          • Originally posted by mw147 View Post

            Then you are nicer than I am. I can't see rooting for them ever, given what asses the majority of their fan base is.
            Well, you have a little over 6 years to change my mind but I bet you could do it in 6 minutes.
            Last edited by Tjay; 5 days ago.
            "We’re all buying in. There’s pride about being an Islander.”

            Comment


            • Originally posted by mw147 View Post

              Then you are nicer than I am. I can't see rooting for them ever, given what asses the majority of their fan base is.
              I would never root for them (haven't liked them since 02) but I could go back to watching his videos after a win. He's knowledgeable and sane, and I like that in fan videos.

              Comment


              • You have to love it when a writer leads his article with "I'm not going to complain about the officiating" and then the article is one long passive-aggressivw dig at the officiating.

                https://theathletic.com/924750/2019/...g-controversy/

                Comment


                • Originally posted by FranzyFan View Post
                  You have to love it when a writer leads his article with "I'm not going to complain about the officiating" and then the article is one long passive-aggressivw dig at the officiating.

                  https://theathletic.com/924750/2019/...g-controversy/
                  Mirtle has really turned into a Leafs apologist. He stinks.
                  “Individual players win games, but teams win championships"

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by mw147 View Post

                    Mirtle has really turned into a Leafs apologist. He stinks.
                    So true. He used to be a readable writer and now he's a joke.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Tjay View Post

                      I don't know. Did the Leafs have anything close to Milbury, Snow, Spano, fish sticks, hoist gate, lopsided trades, Nassau county pol., etc., etc., etc.?
                      I never said they had it as bad as us. I just said they should be able to relate.
                      THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by mw147 View Post

                        They had Harold Ballard, who was Wang on steroids bad.
                        Agreed. I just wish Charles could have lived long enough to see what could have happened if he had hired a real coach and GM
                        THE Boards Token Canadian Fan

                        Comment


                        • So 3-5 games. He got off on the light side.

                          https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/...683873282?s=19

                          Toronto’s Nazem Kadri has been suspended for the remainder of the First Round for Cross-checking Boston’s Jake DeBrusk. https://t.co/doqkyMVrLS
                          “Individual players win games, but teams win championships"

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by TK27 View Post

                            Agreed. I just wish Charles could have lived long enough to see what could have happened if he had hired a real coach and GM
                            He had Lavy in 2002, winning was not a priority with Chuck, he rather lose with his friends.

                            Comment


                            • Interesting tidbit.

                              https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/stat...497523713?s=19

                              One thing to note: Kadri does not forfeit any salary.

                              Because players are paid per day during the season, and are not paid for post season days or games, they do not have to forfeit salary when they are suspended for an incident that occurred in the post season https://t.co/YXVvsCqJ5n
                              “Individual players win games, but teams win championships"

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by mw147 View Post
                                So 3-5 games. He got off on the light side.

                                https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/...683873282?s=19

                                Toronto’s Nazem Kadri has been suspended for the remainder of the First Round for Cross-checking Boston’s Jake DeBrusk. https://t.co/doqkyMVrLS
                                He got off very light,

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X